READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried today. It never let us click on join boarding group. It was just greyed out entire time. Everyone around us started cheering as they got their boarding groups. Felt really lousy. Maybe next trip I guess.

Can you please describe the exact steps you took for us all to see?

Can you please describe the exact steps you took for us all to see?

7:45 made sure app knew we were in park
7:58 closed and reopened app
7:58 clicked on find out more
7:58-8:01 stared at greyed out button and listened to all groups near us cheering (literally all other groups in the Starbucks seating area got them)
8:01 muttered curse words and got in 2 hour line for a ride
10:40 got in 2 hour line for a second ride

How do you work around your other fp+ and reservations? On our DHS day, we're doing Savi's and we have dinner reservations, plus we'll have our normal fp+. What happens if there's a conflict when (if?) our boarding group is called?
It is normally a 2 hour return window. If it is a 1 hour, most CMs will still honour 2 hours. If you feel you will have a conflict when your BG is called, you can got to GET and ask if they can help you out with adjusting dinner reservation, Savi's etc.

I haven't heard of too many people who ended up having conflicts that could not be resolved due to the 2 hour return window.

7:58-8:01 stared at greyed out button and listened to all groups near us cheering (literally all other groups in the Starbucks seating area got them)

For future, I believe that's where the challenge happened. Once the app was reopened at 7:58, it should be left alone until 8:00:03 and then click 'find out more'. Clicking it prior to 8:00 seems to mess up the app.

your mistake was clicking on find out more before 8 and waiting for it to turn red. it will never turn red if you just wait for it.
as many others stated on this thread, and the first 2 posts, the best way is to open app a minute or 2 before 8, wait till clock hits 8, count to 3 then click find out more. if not red, click my status then join boarding group. if still grey, relaunch the app.

How do you do this?

Our similar story, customer service told us today was crazy busy and they were gone in less than a minute. At 8:01 they were full no backups. It was so busy we could not walk, we had lines to bathrooms. Really wish i had skipped this park. I kept reading people saying the same thing. We left early hit the pool at the resort. Its been a disappointing day. Really wanted to ride this ride. SRMF was a lot of fun but not worth the $400 it took to get in.

We did back to back Hollywood Studios days yesterday and today. Yesterday, I failed to get a usable boarding group. We left around 1. Our boarding group was eventually called, but the kids were done for the day and so we did not return to the park. Also, it was just a one hour window, and we might not have made it back in time anyway.

Today, we got BG 23, and rope dropped AS2 and TSM. Our BG was called while our middle son was beginning his Jedi Training just after 11:10, and the timing could not have been more perfect

After two successes and a failure (high number - never failed to get a group) at BGs, I will say that I am definitely a fan of 1) not using the park WiFi and 2) opening the app about 10-15 seconds before 8, then clicking Find Out More at 8.

I hope, so hard, that the process will be less stress-inducing someday in the near future, but I will say that we had a great time in Hollywood Studios despite the crowds.

Today would have been our 3rd DHS day. When the alarm rang at 6am we decided we wanted to sleep in. Glad we did. At 6pm they have just called BG 80. Dunno what's up with the ride today. We had 80 and 89 previously and were always called between 2 and 3. We surely either would have ended up with a BG that won't be called or no BG at all. So we made all the right choices for us :-) we've been on twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe we'll try again Thursday on our final Disney day.

Thanks for the report. Did you open the entire app after 3 seconds or was the app already open and you hit "Find out More" at this time?
I had force quit and opened fresh at 7:58, then minimized the app to watch the second hand on my clock app. I went back in with about 5 seconds to go, waited for the clock to hit 8, then did a slow count to 3.

Well, after reading this thread nearly every day since mid-December, it's finally our turn tomorrow to give it a go! We drove over 16 hours from Texas with 1 park, 1 day tickets for the primary purpose of riding RotR and visiting Galaxy's Edge. Our three sons (7, 9, and 13 years old) are huge Star Wars fans and very excited, but we've tried to help them understand there's a chance we won't be able to ride (but deep down I know I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm not able to get them on RotR). I must admit that after seeing how fast groups went the past couple days and how the ride performed, I'm feeling more nervous tonight than I was a few days ago. I've practiced quite a bit, and DW and DS13 have practiced a few days as well. I think we're as prepared as we could possibly be. We do at least have MFSR fastpasses and plan to rope drop Star Tours and ride it a couple times in a row while most others rope drop the headliners, so no matter what happens with boarding groups I'm hopeful my boys will have a good day and feel like they had a great Star Wars experience.

A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post their experiences here. All of the information has been massively helpful and as a result I'm confident that if we end up not being able to ride that it won't be due to any lack of effort or planning on our part. I'll report back when I have a chance tomorrow to let you all know what our experience was like. May the Force be with us!

Well, after reading this thread nearly every day since mid-December, it's finally our turn tomorrow to give it a go! We drove over 16 hours from Texas with 1 park, 1 day tickets for the primary purpose of riding RotR and visiting Galaxy's Edge. Our three sons (7, 9, and 13 years old) are huge Star Wars fans and very excited, but we've tried to help them understand there's a chance we won't be able to ride (but deep down I know I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm not able to get them on RotR). I must admit that after seeing how fast groups went the past couple days and how the ride performed, I'm feeling more nervous tonight than I was a few days ago. I've practiced quite a bit, and DW and DS13 have practiced a few days as well. I think we're as prepared as we could possibly be. We do at least have MFSR fastpasses and plan to rope drop Star Tours and ride it a couple times in a row while most others rope drop the headliners, so no matter what happens with boarding groups I'm hopeful my boys will have a good day and feel like they had a great Star Wars experience.

A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post their experiences here. All of the information has been massively helpful and as a result I'm confident that if we end up not being able to ride that it won't be due to any lack of effort or planning on our part. I'll report back when I have a chance tomorrow to let you all know what our experience was like. May the Force be with us!

good luck, and may the force be with you

Long time lurker, finally got my shot at ROTR today. Thought I’d give a recap as I really enjoyed reading these leading up to my trip.

I’m staying at Pop Century with wife and two kids, 7 and 9. We arrived at bus stop around 6:30. Already the line was fairly long. Considered calling a Lyft, but we stuck it out and made the second bus, which left around 7 I think. We were through security and tapped in by 7:30.

We were not planning on rope dropping anything, so we went up Sunset Boulevard and sat on the curb. My wife and I were both signed into her account on MDE. Both closed all apps. She was planning on a fresh start of the app about 10 seconds until 8:00 (based on some articles she had read). I opened mine up at 7:59, waited until 8:00 by iPhone time, counted 3 seconds and then clicked find out more. Join Boarding Group wasn’t active so I clicked My Status. I got the active button and everybody showed up. Got group 27. Kids immediately started screaming. Felt bad as I later saw some dejected people still looking at their phones a few minutes later.

Our Boarding Group was called as we were in line for a fast pass at RNR Coaster. We made our way back to the ride and found out it was down. Ended up going to our lunch reservation at Sci Fi at 12:30. Ride came back up while we were eating. Immediately went back after lunch and rode it. Amazing ride, everyone in my family was floored with how good it was.

At this point the down time and waiting for ROTR had screwed up our afternoon plans. We missed our Toy Story Mania FP and our MMRR was about to expire with a Droid Depot reservation 15 minutes away. Went to GET. CM there was able to switch the two FP’s to anytime FP’s. So we built the droid, then were able to do both FP’s after.

We ended up having a fantastic day. This was our first time back to WDW in 3 years. The growth at Hollywood Studios is amazing. I hope the experience for ROTR improves in the future as it was very stressful. We’re heading back to Hollywood Studios on Thursday. Hoping to ride again, but I’m so glad we made it today so some of the pressure will be off.

Hi

I’ll be going on Thursday, i will buy a ôe day ticket online with no magic band.
What is the opening time to retreive my tickets? From what i understood the email reservation doesn’t stand as an entrance ticket right?
Will it be possible to retreive my ticket on the morning, queue for the entrance, all that before 8am?

Also i will have to associate my tickets to my app right? Can i do that with only the email?
Cheers

Hi

I’ll be going on Thursday, i will buy a ôe day ticket online with no magic band.
What is the opening time to retreive my tickets? From what i understood the email reservation doesn’t stand as an entrance ticket right?
Will it be possible to retreive my ticket on the morning, queue for the entrance, all that before 8am?

Also i will have to associate my tickets to my app right? Can i do that with only the email?
Cheers
The ticket windows open one hour before park opening
If you have a ticket number you should be able to do that now and get some fps

Has anyone ever gotten a real BG while refreshing the app more than a few clicks? I believe the answer is no but others out on the intrawebs seem to be saying it’s a good idea. I believe it’s not but I’m curious if we know of anyone who has started refreshing the app before 8 am and gotten a BG that way.

Leave no stone unturned in the quest for a RotR BG. :joker:

Trying Skyliner (solo & no bags while family sleeps in) experiment this morning from Jamaica.
Official opening is supposed to be 7:30. In line now.
7:25 already loading people FYI
7:27 on board and in the air
7:31 off Skyliner at HS
Through security 7:33
7:40 in park and ready to try for BG.

I walked with no bags to the central Skyliner station (closest to Jamaica) and arrived there at 7:18 this morning. In park 22 minutes later.

YMMV but it was easily possible this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter