READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love DHS, but not sure about 4days worth! Lol. But it would be great to have multiple tries at Rise, MFSR, Slinky, and MMRR. Are you then doing 2 days starting at MK and 1 each AK and Epcot?

1 day at MK plus the Boo Bash after hours, 2 days at AK, 1 day at Epcot. Mostly, I want to feel like I get enough rides on Rise more than anything else. We've never ridden MMRR either (of course), so both of those are high priority. Being at BWI, it should be easy enough to pop in for our Rise BG whenever it's time and then leave to go elsewhere if we want (assuming it's after 2:00). We gave up our AP's in favor of a partial refund, so we're all on regular PH tickets this time around.

Should be noted that my son and nephews (ages 21, 19 & 18) thought they did not need to practice since they are more "tech savvy" than the "older adults" and the "older adults" were the successful ones because we practiced, and practiced, and practiced.
Yay! This may be the first post I can remember where the older adults were more successful than the young’uns! :rotfl:

Have you been able to score a spot? How many times did you have to try? I have read that "experts" recommend doing multiple days in HS to increase your chances. Has anyone done so and still not gotten on the ride? I'm trying to keep my expectations in check and not get too excited about it, 😄

They are tough. It's a small sample size, but I am 1 for 2 at 7am and 1 for 1 at the afternoon time. I would recommend at least 2 studios reservations to make sure you get one, and more if you have a longer trip with parkhopper tickets. It also gives you chances to ropedrop Smuggler's Run, Slinky Dog, and Tower of Terror on separate days.

My tips for getting passes:
1. Use your cell service, not Disney wifi, and get to an area where you have 4G or better signal.
2. Close all apps on your phone except Disney.
3. Using a separate phone, pull up an internet clock.
4. With 1 minute to go, open the app.
5. With 10 seconds to go, click "Join Virtual Queue".
6. If you're too early, pull down on the screen to refresh.
7. Click the prompts as fast as possible. Everyone in your party will be loaded in by default.
8. Have multiple people try. If someone gets it first, the later people will just be locked out and it won't hurt you.
9. Take screenshots as soon as it tells you the number and if the app errors out. If the app crashes, guest relations might be able to help.

Hard was when you had to be in the park to get a BG. Waking up at 4am, getting to HS at 5 only to line up at the gates to get in by 6:30. That was hard. :) Thank goodness Starbucks was wise to open up very early back then!

It was a pretty impressive scene to witness, it would go eerily silent right before the BGs opened, then split seconds later you would hear cheers, then in about 10 secs sighs....

They are tough. It's a small sample size, but I am 1 for 2 at 7am and 1 for 1 at the afternoon time. I would recommend at least 2 studios reservations to make sure you get one, and more if you have a longer trip with parkhopper tickets. It also gives you chances to ropedrop Smuggler's Run, Slinky Dog, and Tower of Terror on separate days.

1. Use your cell service, not Disney wifi, and get to an area where you have 4G or better signal.
7. Click the prompts as fast as possible. Everyone in your party will be loaded in by default.
8. Have multiple people try. If someone gets it first, the later people will just be locked out and it won't hurt you.
9. Take screenshots as soon as it tells you the number and if the app errors out. If the app crashes, guest relations might be able to help.

GREAT tips, thank you!

Hard! At least for me. Even with doing all the same things- following all known tips- I am two for two. Actually, I have never gotten it myself. My friend got it for us one trip and my husband got it another.

Near impossible. The virtual booking system is out before you press the button. They need a better way, I think a lottery would be better. You sign up and get picked from all of the signups for that day.

We were at DHS last February right before the pandemic and were able to get into ROR every time we tried (3-4 times). I know there were different rules then, but has something else changed? Fewer vehicles?

I’ve got a BG every time I’ve tried (5-6 times) by following the huge thread on the boards referenced above that explains all the tips and
how to practice.

Thank you to everyone here for all the great advice! We got a boarding group all three of our days reserved for Hollywood studios , 1st day group 14, 2nd day group 11 and 3rd day group 5! Join,join,join method, using Disney WiFi at Old Key West:)!!

I practiced for a few months and came up with a few tips that I hadn't seen mentioned at the time. I have tips with pics on page 865. I've tried 3 times and gotten BG 1,1, and 2. If you study the tips in this thread you should get a BG every time.

This is a perfect guide. So many people that don’t get a group and claim it’s impossible start checking at 7:00. If you aren’t refreshing a few seconds before 7am, you already missed it. Also if you’re staying on Disney property step outside your room or onto a balcony to improve your cell signal. At the Riviera I got 2 bars in the room but four on the balcony and milliseconds really matter.

We’ve literally never not got a boarding group, although some times we get higher ones.

BG 7 on first ever attempt!!!! Thank you for all the tips and advice. My sporadic practices paid off today.

For data point purposes: used Disney resort wifi, iPhone 12 Pro. No using time.gov or anything fancy, just stayed on AT-AT until my phone’s clock turned 7am. No refreshing but shortly before 7 I did click join just to cache the page.

Edit: did this inside my room at YC, didn’t step onto balcony. Was in bed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter