Recent experience with accessible Minnie vans??

SarahInMN

Drink your wine with a cheerful heart
Hi all-
I’m looking for recent accessible Minnie van information. We need to get 4 people and one ECV from YC to Riv for dinner. I know we could take the skyliner but to minimize my in-laws worries about timing we want quicker transportation. We need to take the ECV because we snagged a hard to get FP post dinner at DHS.

As far as I can tell the accessible Minnie van is the best bet. Is that still the case?

How far in advance can we reserve the Minnie van? I’ve seen 4 hours and a day listed as answers to this question from 2018 but couldn’t find current data.

How “on time” do they run? If we pre reserve pickup at 430pm is that time request reliable?

thanks in advance!!

They are pretty much right on time; however, assuming no break downs, the skyliner will be substantially faster for that route.

As for how far in advance for the accessible Minnie Vans, last time we were there it was 2 hours, but have heard it may be one hour now.

And no matter which transportation option you use, if you are delayed due to an issue with the transportation that isn't your fault, ask them if they can extend the FP time, they can usually change it to a use any time FP in such circumstances. Obviously if you intentionally plan things too close, that's your issue, but if you are on the transportation well in advance and it breaks down, then that is a different story.

Thanks for the information! My in laws I think would be too nervous about being late for dinner if we took the skyliner to Riv from so I think it will be a Minnie van. It’s good to know they run on time although it’s a bummer if they can only be reserved one hour on advance. Guess we’ll find out!

Thanks for the information! My in laws I think would be too nervous about being late for dinner if we took the skyliner to Riv from so I think it will be a Minnie van. It’s good to know they run on time although it’s a bummer if they can only be reserved one hour on advance. Guess we’ll find out!
again as I say if you plan on something others are going to use the same plan what happens if one is not available when you need? would you still have time for another form of transportation?

again as I say if you plan on something others are going to use the same plan what happens if one is not available when you need? would you still have time for another form of transportation?
We should - we would request pick up an hour before dinner so if they can’t pick us up we’d have a 2 hour (or potentially more if the request can be made more than 1 hour ahead) lead time to take the sky liner. And my in laws may just have to be anxious about it.

I've ridden the Minnie vans as a wheelchair-user and, to be honest, if any other method were practical I'd use that instead. You have to request them pretty far in advance of when you need them, and even then you might have to wait. My husband and I took one to and from the Contemporary from Caribbean Beach and it took forever. We waited outside while so many other people got their Lyfts and Ubers, and that was putting in the request when we were still in the middle of dinner. Definitely go with the Skyliner.

I just used an accessible Minnie Van this past Tuesday. They can only be requested 1 or 2 hours in advance. I can’t remember exactly but I know it was no more than 2 hours. I was flexible with my timing so I did not pay that much attention. They were on time, but loading took longer than anticipated because the lift was not working properly.
I know you said your in laws would be nervous about the timing but, I’m my opinion, the skyliner would be the way to go. I never had to wait to board and the station is close to YC and the Riviera is the first stop after EPCOT.

Thanks for all the input! I will try to sell them on the SkyLiner to get to Riv and consider accessible Minnie van if all else fails!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter