Recommendations for First Time Adults

KCritter

likes cats
DH and I have been to WDW many, many times. This year, we will be taking my BIL & SIL (DH's brother and his wife) for the first time. We know they will love it, but it is their first trip there. We only have 3 full days, and I don't want to kill them by trying to do everything commando-style.

I've been trying to make a list of things I want to show them, but I'd like to hear others opinions. What would be your recommendations for "Not-to-be-missed" attractions for a couple of 30ish first timers?

Hi

In our humble opinion, these are the items not to be missed as two adults, no kids...we don't have any kids so it's always been that way!

1) Illuminations, on the deck of Rose and Crown...make PSs to ensure you'll be having dessert when the fireworks happen!

2) Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain at MK

3) Must do E-nights, as many as you can!

4) We're trying golf this time...if they are golfers, it appears to be a neat thing to do! We got a tee time at the cheaper golf course, only $20/person!

5) Monorail...most adult males need to do this!

6) Fantasmic is fun, we're trying the Fantasmic dinner package this time around.

7) The World Showcase (or, 'Drinking around the World' as my husband and I call it! ;) ) is fun to go walk around and see the pavillions, have a drink or two here and there...

8) Cirque de Soleil--have never done it, but I hear it is a must-do!

9) Pleasure Island--we really enjoyed the Adventurer's Club (you need to spend a little time here to get used to what is happening around you) and the Comedy Club

There are so many things to do! Depends upon your energy level. We tend to go early to get on some rides, then take a mid-morning/afternoon break when the crowds get busy to go back for a snooze. Then stay out later!

Good Luck!

Inga

Thanks, Inga!

I didn't think of the monorail as an attraction by itself, but you're right - it is must do for adult males. Sort of like a giant train set, maybe? Pleasure Island is a good idea, too.

My thoughts on must do's:

1. We'll be there at Christmas, so Candlelight Processional (if they ever put the dinner packages on sale.) We'll do Illuminations the same night we do CP. I think they'll really like all of Epcot, but I especially think Living Seas, Greenhouse tour & Honey I shrunk the audience in Future World and then wander World Showcase

2. Fantasmic - haven't decided if we want to do dinner package or not. Other MGM attractions - Osborne Lights, TOT & Rockin Rollercoaster (BIL only - SIL doesn't like fast rides). Hunchback show.

3. "Classic" MK rides - Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Small World, Tiki room. Spend some time marvelling at the Christmas decorations.

4. Haven't decided if there are any must do's at AK - but if there were, I say Kilimanjaro safari, Dinosaur and the Jungle trek.

Any other suggestions from adult only travelers out there?

Personally, I like AK so I'd add; Festival of the Lion King and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. I enjoy Maharajah Jungle Trek but I like Pangani even better. I love the gorillas.

I'm glad that you've listed Hunchback at MGM. I think it is a great show and so many people miss it.

Another MK attraction that I enjoy is Buzz Lightyear. Fun to do and it allows for a little friendly competition and bragging rights for the high scorer.

I always have a hard time giving "not to be missed" lists as I love and do it all!!

We are also going at Christmas time this trip. From what I have heard the Candlelight Procession is a must do! My father did this a couple years ago and still talks about it.

I was also going to suggest Buzzlightyear ride

We really liked the Animal Kingdom but you are time limited. You could proably do 1/2 day at AK and 1/2 Disney Studios. I would say the safari, the Lion King Show, and possibly It's tough to be a Bug. You could do all three in the morning and maybe even walk one of the trails.

Hunchback is my favorite show- a must do for us.

Have you thought about MVMCP? I have heard pretty special - we are considering it.

A couple of things to potentially add to your list...

Parades at MK - These are great spectaculars, even for adults. I would suggest SpectroMagic and the new parade (which is supposed to feature over 100 Disney Characters (may jog some childhood memories). Watch the parades in Fronteirland though, avoid Main Street at all costs.

COP - Good show and an opportunity for a nice break during the hot part of the day

MuppetVision - Hilarious movie and great attraction featuring the Muppets. Great for all ages (my personal favorite attraction at MGM)

Absolutely do an e-night if possible, it will add so much more time to your trip, as you can do most of your classics after hours.

Which park has e-nights and what dates and times are they? How can I find out?

E-nites are only at MK.

Here is a link with information about cost and dates.

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/eticket.htm">DIS E-nite Info</a>

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter