Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Dislike

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
Teenagers are left out of this equation and will continue to buy on the unregulated black market. In the states where it has been legalized you can only shot at the dispensary at 21. I don't know for certain the age limit in Canada but I would be willing to bet it is also 21. The unregulated black market remains after legalization unless we are willing to open legal pot up to anyone who enters a dispensary no matter their age.

Most of Canada it will actually be 18 or 19 years of age, the same as the drinking age in that province or territory. Except for Quebec, which I believe will be 21 years old. Sure there will be a black market for anyone underage, isn't there always? However, I strongly believe most people of legal age will shop in a dispensary or other more regulated market and those are the people we are talking about here.

Another thought.

Probably been said. But if we regulate the quality of the drug, we can guarantee that it isn't laced with third party intoxicants which can cause severe reactions.

Teenagers are left out of this equation and will continue to buy on the unregulated black market. In the states where it has been legalized you can only shot at the dispensary at 21. I don't know for certain the age limit in Canada but I would be willing to bet it is also 21. The unregulated black market remains after legalization unless we are willing to open legal pot up to anyone who enters a dispensary no matter their age.

I believe it is 18 for one province out West, 19 all other provinces, and will be 21 in Quebec

Most of Canada it will actually be 18 or 19 years of age, the same as the drinking age in that province or territory. Except for Quebec, which I believe will be 21 years old. Sure there will be a black market for anyone underage, isn't there always? However, I strongly believe most people of legal age will shop in a dispensary or other more regulated market and those are the people we are talking about here.

I believe it is 18 for one province out West, 19 all other provinces, and will be 21 in Quebec

Drinking age in Manitoba is 18. Cannabis use will be/is 19.

Last edited:

At one point prominent psychiatrists were hopeful that they could engineer a test to see if a user was allergic. You see, if you're allergic, you are very likely to suffer a psychotic breakdown, not unakin to schizophrenia, an AWFUL illness. It's even got a name - Cannabis Induced Psychosis. Sadly no test was ever formulated. Basically if you're a carrier, using is dicey to say the least. If you're normal, it's safer than booze or tobacco. I can't remember the ratio of allergic to normal (I hate those terms) but it's something frightening.

And yes, I have seen the psychiatric wards where these users have ended up, in some London Psychiatric Institutions. It can be horrible to see. One patient - we'll call him J - was VERY far gone, an extreme example. He was on 900mg Clozapine and even that wasn't cutting it (Clozapine is a be all and end all antipsychotic medication, the most powerful out there it is considered). But he was angry and delusioned. His mother would visit him with food and he'd smash it against the wall. He thought the orderlies were out to kill him. He saw things in the dark and heard people talking about him.

It's hard to be objective about Cannabis use when you've seen that.

However, I strongly believe most people of legal age will shop in a dispensary or other more regulated market and those are the people we are talking about here.
It in no way covers the 12-17 users who are still forced to the black market. Should their use remain illegal or should it be regulated? Alcohol use is open to much younger ages outside the US and Canada.

At one point prominent psychiatrists were hopeful that they could engineer a test to see if a user was allergic. You see, if you're allergic, you are very likely to suffer a psychotic breakdown, not unakin to schizophrenia, an AWFUL illness. It's even got a name - Cannabis Induced Psychosis. Sadly no test was ever formulated. Basically if you're a carrier, using is dicey to say the least. If you're normal, it's safer than booze or tobacco. I can't remember the ratio of allergic to normal (I hate those terms) but it's something frightening.

And yes, I have seen the psychiatric wards where these users have ended up, in some London Psychiatric Institutions. It can be horrible to see. One patient - we'll call him J - was VERY far gone, an extreme example. He was on 900mg Clozapine and even that wasn't cutting it (Clozapine is a be all and end all antipsychotic medication, the most powerful out there it is considered). But he was angry and delusioned. His mother would visit him with food and he'd smash it against the wall. He thought the orderlies were out to kill him. He saw things in the dark and heard people talking about him.

It's hard to be objective about Cannabis use when you've seen that.

I have read countless studies and done mountains of research pertaining to cannabis user and have never heard of what you are talking about. This sounds like something out of refer madness.

Could you possibly cite anything backing what you are talking about? I'm genuinely curious.

It in no way covers the 12-17 users who are still forced to the black market. Should their use remain illegal or should it be regulated? Alcohol use is open to much younger ages outside the US and Canada.

IMO, regulated and heavily.

I have read countless studies and done mountains of research pertaining to cannabis user and have never heard of what you are talking about. This sounds like something out of refer madness.

Could you possibly cite anything backing what you are talking about? I'm genuinely curious.

It's from all walks of life. The stories of wards and "J" are personal experiences and very sad. My uncle dying was just sad and unfortunate. Cannabis Induced Psychosis is an established medical condition. The test for Cannabis allergens was pioneered by Professor Robin Murray of the Maudsley Hospital of London but sadly fell flat on its face. I believe I'm right in saying that a good friend of mine who passed away recently, an eminent London Psychiatrist, Dr. John Cobb, was jaded in Cannabis allergies. And he KNEW what he was on about. The Royal College of Psychiatrists will back me up here.

I wrote an article about Cannabis use and the risks - and advantages - to taking it in my blog - http://www.cocoa.uk.com/blog/?p=153

I do not know if there is a connection or not, but the Opioid problems seems to much worse on the east coast where the marijuana laws are much tougher than the west coast.

Also, now that the cities collect taxes (and the taxes are huge) I think you will be a much greater incentive to shut down illegal growers, funny how that works

If you hear people talking I feel like I’m the only one against it but there are a few votes so I guess I’m not alone.

I feel like as of tomorrow everyone will be stoned around me and nothing will be the same again.

I am not a user and most likely won't become one tomorrow just because it's legal. I don't think much will change come tomorrow. It's still illegal to drive under the influence, you can't smoke it out in public here because you can't smoke or vape in public places. I just see current people that use it having legal places to obtain it and not having to worry about being in possession of it. I think really not much will change at all.

I am not a user and most likely won't become one tomorrow just because it's legal. I don't think much will change come tomorrow. It's still illegal to drive under the influence, you can't smoke it out in public here because you can't smoke or vape in public places. I just see current people that use it having legal places to obtain it and not having to worry about being in possession of it. I think really not much will change at all.

I agree with you. The only thing likely to change is the people who use it will now have safe and legal places to obtain it and not have the threat of enforcement.

I agree with you. The only thing likely to change is the people who use it will now have safe and legal places to obtain it and not have the threat of enforcement.
And maybe a few people that were on the fence about using it for medical reasons feeling less apprehensive do to so now, with legal status and more freedom to obtain it. My mum has arthritis and fibromyalgia. She got a balm that helps and discussed with her DR but still unsure of taking it in other forms even with a card for medical use. In her mind even with the card the stigma was still there. Removing that will help many, and I have been in support for medical use years.

And maybe a few people that were on the fence about using it for medical reasons feeling less apprehensive do to so now, with legal status and more freedom to obtain it. My mum has arthritis and fibromyalgia. She got a balm that helps and discussed with her DR but still unsure of taking it in other forms even with a card for medical use. In her mind even with the card the stigma was still there. Removing that will help many, and I have been in support for medical use years.

It's not legal where I live but I am able to use CBD oils now that are. I've never been a marijuana user in the past but I can tell you the benefits from the CBD oil I use has made me a firm believer. I hope it will be legal here in my state one day.

It's from all walks of life. The stories of wards and "J" are personal experiences and very sad. My uncle dying was just sad and unfortunate. Cannabis Induced Psychosis is an established medical condition. The test for Cannabis allergens was pioneered by Professor Robin Murray of the Maudsley Hospital of London but sadly fell flat on its face. I believe I'm right in saying that a good friend of mine who passed away recently, an eminent London Psychiatrist, Dr. John Cobb, was jaded in Cannabis allergies. And he KNEW what he was on about. The Royal College of Psychiatrists will back me up here.

I wrote an article about Cannabis use and the risks - and advantages - to taking it in my blog - http://www.cocoa.uk.com/blog/?p=153

That's actually pretty interesting stuff. I listened to a few interviews with him and he's piqued my interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter