Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Dislike

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
FTR, I’m a grumpy old bat who disdains the use of any substance for the express purpose of intoxication or getting high. And unlike a nice glass of wine or cold beer that can be enjoyed in moderation, does anybody really choke back that disgusting-smelling skunk weed recreationally for any reason other than to get a buzz? :sad2:

People get a buzz from wine and beer too.

Well also you don’t have to choke back smoke to use THC , I use edibles and vape ( THC vape has very little “ smoke “ ) and it has no smell or taste really . I don’t like the smell of flower marijuana but some actually enjoy the smell .

Well also you don’t have to choke back smoke to use THC , I use edibles and vape ( THC vape has very little “ smoke “ ) and it has no smell or taste really . I don’t like the smell of flower marijuana but some actually enjoy the smell .

This might be a stupid question in this day and age but no matter the "smell" of marijuana, can somebody still get a buzz off the smell like back in my day??

I have a family hx of schizophrenia so this is a concern of mine for my kids. I know very little about this, but CBD is in the news a lot lately and I wonder if removing the THC component carries with it the same risk. Now that CBD is being used clinically I would think the data would show one way or the other.

A major player in the psychosis field is the STRENGTH of the dose. There are some modest strength strains out there and some insane, blow-your-mind formulations. Skunk I think it's called?

I suppose on balance I'm for the legalisation of Cannabis. As I have said, emotionally I am against it. It took my Uncle Roger, it took the livelihood of so many people I know. But, in cold logic, it makes sense to legalise.

I believe you are right on the ball. Additionally, I believe the cannabis oils are great for chronic pain. The oils have none of the hallucinogenic properties with many of the medicinal sides.

I'm always looking for something that may help my sister. It's so sad that drugs can cause a permanent state of psychosis.

This might be a stupid question in this day and age but no matter the "smell" of marijuana, can somebody still get a buzz off the smell like back in my day??

It’s called a contact high ;)

It’s never happened to me but it can happen

Um, yeah - I didn't say otherwise. The point I was trying to make in that quote is that while somebody might have a glass of wine or a cocktail simply as an enjoyable beverage without becoming altered, in RECREATIONAL marijuana use isn't the "buzz" the recreational part? :confused: Who smokes it RECREATIONALLY without that end in mind? Do tell, I'm open to being educated...

Last edited:
You can’t really get buzzed by being near someone vaping ( or it would take a lot ) it’s not actually smoke coming out it’s vapor but flower yes you can .

I believe you are right on the ball. Additionally, I believe the cannabis oils are great for chronic pain. The oils have none of the hallucinogenic properties with many of the medicinal sides.
Not so , I have my MMJ card and there is many products extremely high in THC and the THC along with CBD does help with many issues .

Not so , I have my MMJ card and there is many products extremely high in THC and the THC along with CBD does help with many issues .

All I know is that my brother vapes the stuff for excessive anxiety and panic and it seems to be doing him some good :)

I find it interesting that the most accurate and even-handed facts /most damning information comes from someone who's in favor of legalization!

Other facts I'd add:
- It's impossible to ignore the fact that crime and violence are connected to drugs. We can say marijuana is a "soft drug" and it's "like alcohol", but I'm not aware of people shooting each other over whiskey in dark allies.
- Even if a person isn't addicted to a given drug, it can still ruin his life (or other people's lives). Don't we all know a couple adults who live in their parents' basement and do nothing but play video games and smoke dope? Drugs can kill motivation ... and drug convictions can prevent people from getting jobs. Don't we all know someone who's wrecked a car while high? I know a family who were ALL badly injured /lives changed forever because they were hit by an unlicensed 15-year old driving high

You are actually making the exact opposite point you think you are.

Do you know why people are shooting each in dark alleys over drugs, because the are illegal (and I have never heard of this over weed). Portugal has shown a massive decrease in drug related crime by decriminalizing ALL narcotics 14 years ago.
Back in Prohibition times, people were shooting each other over alcohol as well. Legalizing allows people to do it safely and removing the dangerous gang component.

By taking the gangs out if the equation means that kids arent dealing with dealers who will try to promote harder drugs.

Another large part of drugs social harm, comes from the criminal conviction, means people csnt vote, have problems getting jobs because of it on their record. Decriminalization/legalization also takes care of that.

Dont we all know of someone who has wrecked a car while high? Actually no. But drunk drivers are constantly causing harm.

Every issue you have raised above, can as easily be applied to alcohol. Some people are addicted to alcohol, some people arent addicted to alcohol but drink enough to effect themselves and others, ruining their life-should we criminalize alcohol?

Well yes, because if you are smoking pot you kind of have to possess it

:rotfl2:

Um, yeah - I didn't say otherwise. The point I was trying to make in that quote is that while somebody might have a glass of wine or a cocktail simply as an enjoyable beverage without becoming altered, in RECREATIONAL marijuana use isn't the "buzz" the recreational part? :confused: Who smokes it RECREATIONALLY without that end in mind? Do tell, I'm open to being educated...

Yes, like alcohol the amount consumed will effect how "buzzed" you are. A joint shared around a couple of people will be a similar effect to having a glass of wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter