Red Space Magic not tradeable after this weekend

A little off subject I know forgive me:

IMO, I have always thought it very insensitive to have a shop that required special skills to enter anyway. I have always thought this is wrong.

OMG, it is a game for kids (of all ages) let everyone shop !!!

I guess I should return it to my friend. Today.

I borrowed one from my friend SuperSweetGIRLL. I have to give it back to her before Monday.

its an unusual move for pretty much every reason that was covered in this thread.

The only thing I can think of is that it was a mistake and they are "undoing" it.

But, after a week it still seems odd doesnt it? LOL

Ok what the blue tea heck is VMK thinking.

This is exactly the reason there are scams today and will be tomorrow.

Most everything I would have said has been said(can not restrain myself), to me it does not matter if it was a mistake and they meant to make it no a trade item from the beginning

It is so wrong and a move in the wrong direction!!!

vmk should be making things less valuable not setting things up to become more rare!

They have just made this item out of reach of most all players and players who can not get to the Parks before it is retired.

1. You will either have to be gifted this item by a friend

2. You will have to buy the card/code from a Auction market

3. You will have to be a member of a VMK forum that allows trading and trade for a code (bad bad idea - you give your items only to find out when you enter the code it is already used)

4. You will have to give out personal info in the game to arrange a way to meet a person outside the game to exchange code.

GOOD GOSH VMK again what the heck are you thinking!

I am trying to be supportive of VMK staff and their decisions but things seem to be going from bad to worst.

Bans for minor infractions and others who should be banned permanently or a least given a serious ban(over 2 hours)are still playing the game.

Poor judgment and no forethought given to the release of items and/or the trade ability of items.

Like many have pointed out all this will do is increase the Resell value of this item on the secondary auction market. Increase the value of this via trade in the game and set things up for MORE trade scams!

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Ah well, no magic for me.

I never knew you could use it to get to the inner-space shop.

Ah well.
Ill have to wait when I go to Disney which is..oh..thats right..never. >_<

It is a bad move on vmk's part. There are many players who can't play the games on their pc's. This means they will never HAVE space magic to enter the shop. As far as scamming people out of rare items, I don't think making this magic non-tradeable is going to stop scams. There will always be someone trying to take something from others.
I hope this isn't a precedent for future in-park quest items. -sigh-

I agree with Mal (I know, right?).

This is just going to force people who can't go to the parks to trade codes on fan sites like this one. Code trading is way more open to being exploited by scammers. I usually try to see VMK's perspective on decisions like this. However, if this is fixing some problem I'm afraid that it's creating another.

That being said, does anyone have a red space suit magic code they want to trade? :rotfl:

Thanks a lot VMK. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why don't you go and just shoot me in the foot as well?

Sorry, but as much as I want to, I don't have the money to go to the parks!
Neither do a lot of other people that play.
What about the kids that play, but their parents can't afford to go to the parks? They are now alienating these kids away from Disney. Aren't you trying to get these kids hooked on Disney? Don't you want them to want to go to the parks when they are adults and can then possibly afford to go?

Keep on going, VMK. You're going to shoot your own self in the foot. :sad2:

I'm very opposed to a non-tradeable quest item. While I will have no problem getting to a park and doing the quest, there are so many who do not have that luxury.

Ok what the blue tea heck is VMK thinking.

This is exactly the reason there are scams today and will be tomorrow.

Most everything I would have said has been said(can not restrain myself), to me it does not matter if it was a mistake and they meant to make it no a trade item from the beginning

It is so wrong and a move in the wrong direction!!!

vmk should be making things less valuable not setting things up to become more rare!

They have just made this item out of reach of most all players and players who can not get to the Parks before it is retired.

1. You will either have to be gifted this item by a friend

2. You will have to buy the card/code from a Auction market

3. You will have to be a member of a VMK forum that allows trading and trade for a code (bad bad idea - you give your items only to find out when you enter the code it is already used)

4. You will have to give out personal info in the game to arrange a way to meet a person outside the game to exchange code.

GOOD GOSH VMK again what the heck are you thinking!

I am trying to be supportive of VMK staff and their decisions but things seem to be going from bad to worst.

Bans for minor infractions and others who should be banned permanently or a least given a serious ban(over 2 hours)are still playing the game.

Poor judgment and no forethought given to the release of items and/or the trade ability of items.

Like many have pointed out all this will do is increase the Resell value of this item on the secondary auction market. Increase the value of this via trade in the game and set things up for MORE trade scams!

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

What I want to know is:
If Yavn and the vmk hosts read these forums as some people claim, why do they do things to P.O. the vmk players? This just does not make any sense to me. If yavn and the hosts are reading the forum to see what people think wouldn't they **TRY** to do things to please the players and not to upset the players?

I'm thinking that VMK needs some kind of an "player advisory board" made up of members of different Disney forums like DIS to tell them when their ideas really stink.

Well i am glad i found out now, we are going to the parks next week and was planning on giving away the extra 'red suits' that we got on the quest!!
:( bummer.

What I want to know is:
If Yavn and the vmk hosts read these forums as some people claim, why do they do things to P.O. the vmk players? This just does not make any sense to me. If yavn and the hosts are reading the forum to see what people think wouldn't they **TRY** to do things to please the players and not to upset the players?

I'm thinking that VMK needs some kind of an "player advisory board" made up of members of different Disney forums like DIS to tell them when their ideas really stink.

I think that is an excellent idea, and since I am on their Black list right now I will not be waiting for that invitation. ;)

I really think that some of the decisions being made are poor CS and really do not add to the "MAGIC" or the DISNEY FEEL of the game and it is just cutting off their noses to spite their face.

Well i am glad i found out now, we are going to the parks next week and was planning on giving away the extra 'red suits' that we got on the quest!!
:( bummer.

You can still gift just not the magic it will have to be the codes.

This decision does not effect gifting, unless it is in game gifting.

Well I guess I will never see this Red Space Suit for me...I just do not understand why they are doing this. Couldn't they have at least explained why they are doing it. :confused: :sad2: :confused: :sad2: :confused:

I really think that some of the decisions being made are poor CS and really do not add to the "MAGIC" or the DISNEY FEEL of the game and it is just cutting off their noses to spite their face.

since when has VMK had "Good" Customer Service?

since Day 1 VMK has had the worst customer service I have ever seen, from any company. Toontown customer service is EXCELLENT, SUPERB, and possibly the BEST I have ever seen. How do two closely related divisions in the same company vary so wildly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter