Refurbs bumped to 2025

Some of these are long overdue. I’m surprised how slow they are taking these, given the fact owners pay for them and there isn’t a lot of other major investment happening in the parks that we know about.

Ouch - 2025 for AKV means 9 years between the soft goods refurb & the full refurb & those villas at Jambo really need a refurb., we had to move villas 2 weeks ago because the spa tub had a maintenance issue they couldn’t fix & we weren’t willing to stay 11 nights in a villa w/ a non functioning spa tub or even showering in it w/ the black gunk that housekeeping couldn’t clean.
Our second villa was w/out the black gunk in the tub, but the furniture looked so worn & the wallpaper was peeling away from the walls & those mattresses in the hidabed sofa were never very comfortable & are even worse w/ 7 years of use.
Here’s the chart showing when last refurbs were https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/feature-articles/5196-dvc-resort-refurbishment-tracker - AKV should have been done this year to stay w/ the 7 year ‘normal’ schedule, to bump it out to 9 years is ridiculous.

I thought BLT was going to start later in 2024 with completion in 2025. It’s slated for one year.

AKV does need the refurb but...you think they're gonna screw it up and ruin the ambiance and charm that makes AKV...AKV? Right now BWV is so bland and themeless and I know DVC is hearing it from the owners. I almost feel like it's better to have it pushed back because maybe by then whoever is in charge of making hotels look like a Marriott will have been replaced by someone who "gets it"? Just trying to be positive about this one as AKV is a home resort.

AKV does need the refurb but...you think they're gonna screw it up and ruin the ambiance and charm that makes AKV...AKV? Right now BWV is so bland and themeless and I know DVC is hearing it from the owners. I almost feel like it's better to have it pushed back because maybe by then whoever is in charge of making hotels look like a Marriott will have been replaced by someone who "gets it"? Just trying to be positive about this one as AKV is a home resort.
I totally agree with this, we need the theming while looking deluxe.

Bummer that the BLT and AKL refurbs are bumped to 2025.

I won’t be staying there until they are done.

The slides said 2025, but the presenter said 2024 for BLT.

I believe DVCNews story mentioned they will start on BLT in 2024 and finish in 2025. Guessing they did a follow up question after the meeting. If I remember correctly, the story indicated the tower makes the rehab more difficult so it will take longer than other resorts.

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter