Regional fast food that you just have to have when you get close to it?

That has been our go to when visiting Az these last 10 years or so. I have since tried Shake Shack and I believe I actually prefer their burgers and the fries are hands down better than In n Out.
Steak and Shake is 10% better than In n Out. My closest Steak and Shake is 2 hours away. I will admit we will drive there for Mother's Day or my birthday. :lovestruc Last time we went was Reno Comi Con. The perfect ending to a perfect day!!!!

I'm with you, except for me, it's pizza in Italy. Every little corner shop sells it, and any pizza you get, anywhere in Italy, is worlds better than the best pizza in the US. I think it's the tomatoes grown in the fertile, volcanic soil. I'm sure the atmosphere helps, too.
OMG yes. Hubby worked in Northern Italy for some time last year and I was able to go visit for about 3 weeks while he was there. I've been saying ever since we came back...what I wouldn't give for some real Italian pizza. Nothing compares, even when advertised as true Italian style, nope.

fry bread tacos from any of the small stands outside San Xavier del Bac mission south of Tucson
Is this fry bread in the shape of a taco shell? I'm Ojibwe and have never seen fry bread that could do that. Up here all Indian Tacos are more like tostadas with everything piled on top.

This does remind me though. In Denver, bison taco from Tocabe. Second best fry bread I've ever had, after my Grandmothers.

When we lived in Ohio, only Dorothy Lane Market sold Taylor Pork Roll. Now that we are back in NJ, we can get it all of the time. You would be surprised at how often we send it to friends who live away from NJ now!

Is this fry bread in the shape of a taco shell? I'm Ojibwe and have never seen fry bread that could do that. Up here all Indian Tacos are more like tostadas with everything piled on top.

This does remind me though. In Denver, bison taco from Tocabe. Second best fry bread I've ever had, after my Grandmothers.

They’re not taco shaped. But called tacos anyway. 🙂

I live in Washington State, I don't get hush puppies around here. I LOVE HUSH PUPPIES!
Always have to order them at Columbia House.

P.S. Growing up with a Southern Mom, I thought every meal was served with gravy.

Now i need to go up to Denver and get a bison taco-best fry bread taco ever!

My kids love Chipotle which we do not have here. We try and find one if I’m the USA. Closest to us would be Minnesota.

Same with steak and shake.

Pal's Sudden Service in Tennessee (a Big Pal, frenchie fries and a vanilla shake yum!)

Whataburger, Izzo's, Raising Canes, Pei Wei - love them all.

When we lived in Ohio, only Dorothy Lane Market sold Taylor Pork Roll. Now that we are back in NJ, we can get it all of the time. You would be surprised at how often we send it to friends who live away from NJ now!
How could you mention Dorothy Lane Market without mentioning their killer brownies?! Lol. Those brownies are the only reason I make the drive to go there.

We have a Culver’s about 40 minutes away. We do go there a few times a month. We have a Freddy’s closer, but prefer Culver’s.

We love to stop at Zaxby’s on our way to WDW. We do not have one here. We do have Raising Cane’s and Chick-fil-a. Both have huge drive thru lines everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter