Rejected Offers Thread

That was my thought as well. Very focused on the price per point and not adjusting it for the banked points.

I get that as a buyer you are hoping it’s just a “bonus” but as a seller or their agent I would definitely not look at it that way.
When I am comparing the contracts I subtract $10 per 2024 points against a contract with only 2025 points.

200 points for 2024 listed at $95 I would
subtract $2000 if there were only 2025 points.

I really want to avoid paying 2024 dues.

I am searching the same contracts but do not care if they have 23 or 24 points.

I have not submitted any offers yet but have been tracking the Orange County deeds.

Since January there have been 8 contracts recorded that were below $90 per point.

Sounds like most of those were not stripped.

I think you said elsewhere that you are looking and bidding aggressively. To a degree I wonder whether sellers with stripped contracts don't necessarily want to entertain an aggressive bid. They are clearly using the points in some way, whether that is for themselves or renting them out. Whereas a seller with a double loaded contract/fully loaded contract may in fact be done with Disney and would be more willing to look at a lower offer. Sort of counterintuitive, perhaps. And I would also add that dues can be negotiable too.

A week ago I had no intention of buying resale, but out of curiosity started checking the recent prices and Saratoga started to look like a hard to pass opportunity for some SAP. I wanted a contract at $80, but could accept $85 for the right one. I finally got one accepted at $85 after some negotiations, but here are the unsuccessful offers:

SSR, davidhr, 160, offered $75, listed $95, 02/24
August 2023: 0
August 2024: 302
August 2025: 160
Never heard back. Was sold a few days later.

SSR, davidhr, 130, offered $75, listed $98, 02/24
August 2024: 104
August 2025: 130
Never heard back. Still available.

SSR, davidhr, 150, offered $80, listed $95, 02/24
September 2023: 0
September 2024: 300
September 2025: 150
Received a counter for $90 stating that was the minimum. Declined. Still available.

SSR, davidhr, 120, offered $80, listed $100, 02/24
August 2024: 120
August 2025: 120
Received a counter for $90. Sent a counter for $85, but never heard back. Contract sold that same day.

SSR, davidhr, 150, offered $80, listed $100, 02/24
August 2023: 300
August 2024: 150
August 2025: 150
Sent that minutes after being posted. Received a counter for $95. Declined and contract sold a few minutes later.

Seems $90 should be easily achievable these days. Lower than that is definitely possible with some patience. I know I could have found a seller that would have accepted $80, but the one I got for $85 was exactly what I wanted so I decided to go with it.

Lots of buyers seem to be paying asking price (or close to it), which is definitely too high.
Since January there has only been 1 SSR contract that sold at $80 per point.

I have not run todays data yet.

I think you said elsewhere that you are looking and bidding aggressively. To a degree I wonder whether sellers with stripped contracts don't necessarily want to entertain an aggressive bid. They are clearly using the points in some way, whether that is for themselves or renting them out. Whereas a seller with a double loaded contract/fully loaded contract may in fact be done with Disney and would be more willing to look at a lower offer. Sort of counterintuitive, perhaps. And I would also add that dues can be negotiable too.
I was going to start bidding in February but have not started yet.
I have a client that I billed and am waiting for payment. Then I will start.

I do not need the points until the end of this year so I can afford to take my time

Last edited:

There are a lot of SSR contracts listed at $90-99, my guess as I said before is that a loaded/double loaded contract is actually more likely to have a negotiable seller than a stripped contract.
That may be true. I looked for a loaded OKW contract for my UY that had been sitting on the market for 4mo. I offered at 20% off and asked the seller to pay the 2024 dues. All accepted without negotiation. Broker was surprised.

I guess that if the seller doesn't even want to rent out the o/s points then they probably just want shot of the contract at nearly any price. You just can't guess each seller's motivations.

BRV
ClaraOswald - 32 points, $81.25, $108, March 2024

I knew it was a longshot but wanted to give it a try anyway. It was through https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/ and the agent didn't let me know my offer was declined until I sent multiple emails, days later, asking for an update. She didn't contact me back until after the contract was sold. So I'm assuming someone must have offered asking or close to.

Made an initial offer on a 200 point SSR contract. Offered $81 per point. Was countered at $87. Listed at $95. No points until 2025.

I let the broker know there are other contracts I am interested in and will be making offers on other listings for now.

The broker was very professional and responsive.
Tom -
I got an SSR FEB 200 point contract in Nov with almost all 2023 points banked for $80 and no MF on the 2023 points so I think you should be able to at least match that since prices have dropped since then.

Tom -
I got an SSR FEB 200 point contract in Nov with almost all 2023 points banked for $80 and no MF on the 2023 points so I think you should be able to at least match that since prices have dropped since then.
I have been following your posts and that has helped me set my bid price. I have to be honest there are about 15 recorded deeds in January and February that sold for $80 to 89 per point. Many more over that. None for under $80. Most of those 14 were at or above 85.

If I recall you had been placing bids for several months and that will be my expectation.

No, fair, not everyone would want to. But arguably you can also rent for more than $15pp too which would offset the taxes. Just pointing out to anyone making offers that it does make a real difference whether a contract is stripped or not. My SSR contract was $80pp but was nearly double loaded so that brought down the price a lot. $85 is a very good price for 150ish points.
Curious how many points?

I have been following your posts and that has helped me set my bid price. I have to be honest there are about 15 recorded deeds in January and February that sold for $80 to 89 per point. Many more over that. None for under $80. Most of those 14 were at or above 85.

If I recall you had been placing bids for several months and that will be my expectation.
Of those that sold between 80 and 90 were they mostly large contracts? Curious to know how the 100s and under are faring.

Yes, Tom, you are correct. 8 months and 34 bids before a hit so it can take some time but I was not in a rush. Try to get a load contract if you can. For months, I was bidding on stripped contracts thinking I'd get a great price but no bites. Then I changed tactics to target loaded contracts on the advice of others. Motivated sellers seem to have loaded contracts. Good luck!

Yes, Tom, you are correct. 8 months and 34 bids before a hit so it can take some time but I was not in a rush. Try to get a load contract if you can. For months, I was bidding on stripped contracts thinking I'd get a great price but no bites. Then I changed tactics to target loaded contracts on the advice of others. Motivated sellers seem to have loaded contracts. Good luck!
Did it matter to you what the listed price was. There are so many over $115 I have not been considering

This is the way.
I only made 3 offers on 3 different loaded contracts and one was accepted same day, no counter. I would also recommend offering on loaded contracts that have been listed for around a month. It's likely these people haven't gotten any offers good offers yet and are willing to accept the first decent one that comes along.

This is the way.
I only made 3 offers on 3 different loaded contracts and one was accepted same day, no counter. I would also recommend offering on loaded contracts that have been listed for around a month. It's likely these people haven't gotten any offers good offers yet and are willing to accept the first decent one that comes along.
I will try that. Did you skip any that just had an unrealistic listing price?

I will try that. Did you skip any that just had an unrealistic listing price?
I would just offer what you feel is right no matter what the asking price is. I got an 80 point Poly contract that was listed at 155 and originally I offered $120 and we settled at $128 per point. This contract had 2024 full points on it. I think the key might be to find ones that have points available and have been sitting for awhile. The above contract had been on the market for a month.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter