• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Relaxation, Disney Style, PTR. ~*TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED! 9/18 Pg. 155*~

I'm here! I'm spotty about keeping up these days with the new job but will do my darndest! 75 and 95 pounds, WOW! that is so outstanding!!!!!!!

Yay! I'm glad you posted a heads up on FB; otherwise who knows how long it would have taken me to realize you have a PTR going :rotfl: So glad you are going back, and I'm super excited to be reading another LL PTR :goodvibes You and Marc totally deserve this after all your hard work; you guys look amazing!

WOOT!! A LL TR!!! And I'm first YAY!!!!! So excited for both you and Marc! You both totally deserve this trip especially after all the great changes you guys have made in your lives!!!
Thanks! We have been working hard!

I am here!!! First page, second person! Woo hoo! :banana:

So excited that you and Marc are headed back!
We are both really excited, it's all we can talk about.

I'd like to join in, too, Leslie. I've read all your reports, just haven't posted much. :goodvibes
Thanks for reading my past reports. Glad to have you on this one too. :goodvibes

I am here! I really enjoyed your and Jen's last PTR and TR!! :goodvibes

Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss success to both you and Marc!
Thanks for joining in. Thanks on the weight loss, it's been hard work but totally worth it.

I'm in!

You guys totally deserve this trip after your hard work with your surgeries. Pace yourself with the free dining! :goodvibes
Oh there will be pacing. I know we won't eat all of our meals most of the time. It's just too much food for us but it's free dining so you can't really pass that up!

Oh Boy! I love your trip reports... and PTRs! :yay:
Thanks!! Welcome!

I'm here!!! So happy for you to get to go again!!
You both are doing so great! I see a picture behind Marc with Mickey on your wall!!
Oh yes, that is my Disney picture collection. :rotfl:

I call Shenanigans!

You said this very weekend that you were NOT going back anytime soon ;) :rotfl:
I know! I honestly didn't think we'd be able to go but then on Monday I saw that Free Dining was released and we talked and decided that with Marc's new part time job we could make it work. Yay! I did not mean to mislead you. :laughing:

WOO HOO for the 1st page!!
I KNEW you wouldnt be able to wait to start your PTR until this weekend!! I made a facebook comment and came right here and what do you know...:thumbsup2
I know. I'm impatient like that. :rotfl:

NO WAY!!!! Totally here girl!
Woo Hoo! Glad to have you!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited, LL!!!:cool1:
Thank you!!

Super excited for you. I have missed your planning and versions of trip plans!
I've missed planning, I really have. It's a sickness. I've gotten too good at it too because I keep staring at what I have planned and no new versions come to me! :scared1:

I'm here! I'm here! :cool1::cool1:
Thanks for finding me!

Woo Hoo, count me in. Wish we could go in September. We are doing free dining in August before DS starts back to school. Cant wait to read all your planning!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Oh, bummer! I really want to meet you. Sniff Sniff.

Welcome!! I'm still trying to keep up with your TR. It's hopeless. :rotfl:

Yay!!! Another LL PTR! Can't wait to hear all about it! :banana:
Hey! How are you?

Thanks for the heads up on FB that you had started this or it would have been months before I found it on my own! :goodvibes
You are welcome! :goodvibes

I'm here! I'm here! So excited for you guys! :)
Thank you, we are uber excited.

Very exciting news! I had to laugh that free dining and "tipped the scales" were in the same sentence. Seriously though, I am happy you are going back with Marc. Can't wait to read ALL the versions of the plans!
Yes, I chuckled to myself when I reread that before I posted. I decided to keep it in because it fits. :rotfl:

I'm here! I'm spotty about keeping up these days with the new job but will do my darndest! 75 and 95 pounds, WOW! that is so outstanding!!!!!!!
Oh, I totally understand. I'm so behind on the PTRs/TRs that I read it's not even funny!

Yay! I'm glad you posted a heads up on FB; otherwise who knows how long it would have taken me to realize you have a PTR going :rotfl: So glad you are going back, and I'm super excited to be reading another LL PTR :goodvibes You and Marc totally deserve this after all your hard work; you guys look amazing!
Thanks for finding me. We do deserve this trip and I'm glad that we are celebrating this way. :goodvibes

I LOVE your TRs & PTRs! I'm so happy you started a new one. :goodvibes
:yay: Yay for starting school, too! That's awesome!

It's time for a Trip Down Resort Memory Lane. I realized while typing this out that while traveling to Disney I have NEVER stayed at the same place twice.

This will be my 4th time staying on property. Marc has stayed on property for his two trips. I figured we’d do a little walk down memory lane, though I don’t have any pictures from the older trips. You can thank my Dad who refuses to take his slides and make them into prints. I can give you his phone number so you can yell at him. J

My 1st Disney trip was in April 1988. I was 5 ½. We drove down in a motor home with my Grandparents and Uncle. We stayed a campground that had a Yogi Bear statue out in front.

yogi.jpg

I remember little from this trip except seeing a Mary Poppins topiary, my autograph book, riding the skyway and of course coming down with the chicken pox and missing the last day at Disney. While I had fun at the campground, it’s not something I wish to repeat.

Marc’s 1st Disney trip is similar to mine. He went in 1995 when he was 14, it was the summer before his freshman year in High School. He went with his family, Aunt & Uncle, three cousins and one of his cousin’s friends. They drove down and stayed at Ft. Wilderness in their pop up campers. Bad idea in August. No air conditioning. Not something Marc wishes to repeat.

Disney27s_Fort_Wilderness_Resort_an.jpg

My 2nd Disney trip was in November 1995 when I was 13. (Isn’t it funny that Marc & I both went in the same year!?) We stayed at a friend’s timeshare in Kissimmee. We rented a car and drove to Disney. It was a great resort where we stayed. I thought I was the height of sophistication when I got my hair cut at the resort. We went during Thanksgiving week and apparently we were shut out of Disney on Thanksgiving Day. I have no recollection of this at all. My parents must have done a good job of distracting me because I don’t remember this at all. My mom said we had reservations in France for dinner but we ended up having Subway. I thought it was neat that we had Subway on Thanksgiving.

My 3rd and 4th Disney trips were with my ex so I will gloss over those. My 3rd trip was in February 2003. I was 20. We drove down with my former sister in law and brother in law. It was the trip from H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS. Complete with a meltdown in the Sea World parking lot, which resulted in lots of tears and yelling between my former sister in law and myself. Not fun. We stayed at Courtyard Marriot on that strip in Orlando. We took a bus to the parks. We visited Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I loved the pool where we stayed and thought the glass elevator was classy. It was this trip that it really clicked that Disney actually had resorts. The 4th trip was for my ill-fated Honeymoon with my ex was in July 2005. I was 22. It was an awful horrible trip. We did stay at a very nice hotel though, The Sheraton Safari.

SheratonPoolBig.jpg

Great place. I’d recommend it to anyone. Best beds EVER. Really cool pool slide that is a python. The thing I didn’t like was the bus service, it was very limited to Disney and was hard to plan our time. But then again this was when I didn’t even plan out my park days ahead of time!

Moving on…My 5th Disney trip and Marc’s 2nd was in September 2008. I celebrated my 26th Birthday and Marc was 27. The link to the Trip Report is in my signature. It was the best Disney trip. We had a blast. We stayed 4 nights at Pop Century and 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge. Pop Century was good. Not a place I wish to stay again until I have children but that’s just me. I did love the bus service. Wilderness Lodge was amazing. So relaxing. It’s where I fell in love with Disney boats. Staying at WL was a dream come true for me. I love it there and can’t wait to stay there again someday.

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

2869134960_2d7eb7356c.jpg

My 6th trip to Disney was in May 2009, where I met Jen. We stayed at All Star Music in the Broadway section. I like All Star Music but I wasn’t overly thrilled with the bus service but I knew that going in. It wasn’t a great trip for me due to all those stupid blisters I had to deal with.

551248785_aa38R-M.jpg

551245841_eLihy-M.jpg

My 7th trip to Disney was this past January and it was a near perfect trip. Again, I traveled with Jen. We stayed 4 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and then 2 nights at Saratoga Springs. POFQ was splendid. Relaxing, pretty, charming, just perfect. You can’t beat the boats to Riverside and DTD. The bus service was good for me too, the little bit I used it before Jen arrived. Saratoga Springs was beautiful and we had a gorgeous Downtown Disney view. I can’t imagine staying there without a car though. It is HUGE.

DisneyJanuary2010020.jpg

DisneyJanuary2010023.jpg

Which…finally leads us to my 8th trip and Marc’s 3rd trip.

Where did we want to stay? Truthfully, there wasn’t even a discussion. I knew where I wanted to stay and that is Port Orleans Riverside. I absolutely fell in love with Riverside back in January. It is beautiful and peaceful and just the kind of tranquility I need after busy days in the parks. I’m excited that I’ll be able to use the boats to Downtown Disney again. I can’t wait to swim in the pools. I really just can’t wait. It’s going to be wonderful. I’ve planned some downtime at Riverside as well. I want this to be a nice balance between Park Touring and Relaxation. Hence the title of the PTR, “Relaxation, Disney Style.” I’m not one to go vacation at the beach and sit and read a book all week. That is why I love the balance of Disney. I can go go go at the parks and then come back and relax at the resort.

I’ve requested a room in the Mansion section of the resort but I think I want to request a room in the Magnolia Mansion. It seems to be pretty centrally located. Plus when Jen & I went on our carriage ride in January it was the prettiest of the mansion buildings to us.

*Photos Courtesty of PortOrleans.org
PortOrleans-0170-Oct2007.jpg

PortOrleans-0008-June2004.jpg

PortOrleans-0082-May2006.jpg

PortOrleans-0146-Oct2007.jpg

PortOrleans-0148-Oct2007.jpg

There will be NO resort changes during this PTR. I’m very happy with our selection.

I'm in!!!

I still need to finish my January TR!! :rolleyes1 So I can start my PTR! UGH!

Can't wait for all your plans!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Has driving around WDW withe Jen convinced you to get a car this trip?

Woo Hoo for POR! They have such pretty grounds over there. I'm sure it's going to be perfect for the 2 of you.

POR POR!! You'll have to take a lot of pictures for me so I can get a really great idea of the resort before I go in October WOOT!!!!

I'm in!!!

I still need to finish my January TR!! :rolleyes1 So I can start my PTR! UGH!

Can't wait for all your plans!!
I'm so excited for you that you are going back in December. That will be so much fun!

A new LL PTR! What a fabulous surprise! :thumbsup2

I believe you, 100%... I remember you gushing about POR on your last report! :lovestruc

Kathy
I'm still pretty surprised myself! :lmao: I'm still in the "I can't believe we are going" haze.

Yes, I did gush. There wasn't even a question of where we were going to stay. I knew it had to be POR.

Guess we will just have to wait until you make that trip to Texas to see Jen and then we can have a Dis meet!!:thumbsup2
Yes, that is so true!

I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Has driving around WDW withe Jen convinced you to get a car this trip?
Thanks for joining in! Jen has totally spoiled me with the car rental thing. I'm really worried about the POR buses but that is another whole update!

Woo Hoo for POR! They have such pretty grounds over there. I'm sure it's going to be perfect for the 2 of you.
They are gorgeous! I can't wait to stay there and swim!

POR POR!! You'll have to take a lot of pictures for me so I can get a really great idea of the resort before I go in October WOOT!!!!
I will do my best! :upsidedow

What? You mean people plan Disney trips without changing resorts a million times??? :eek:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I think Riverside and you were meant for each other!!!

Just because you aren't changing resorts, doesn't mean there won't be many versions of you itinerary, right??

Looking forward to them all! We loved POR when we stayed there for a very short trip in 2008. I'd definitely stay there again. We were in a mansion - I think it was Parterre (?) Place. Pretty easy to get to the bridge and cross to the main building.

I think we should plan on seeing lots of itinerary changes since I think the there will be no changes on the resort front. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter