Relaxation, Disney Style, PTR. ~*TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED! 9/18 Pg. 155*~

I'm so excited! :cool1: You want to know why??? Because we'll be at WDW at the same time and funnily enough, at the same resort! Well, we're staying at POFQ but same diff. So that means you're stuck with having to meet me! :rotfl:Dave is still trying to convince me to stay at POR but I really like POFQ. Anyways, congrats on the weight loss, you guys look great! Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip. Oh, and how do you have over 15,000 posts when we joined at the same time? :confused3

~Beka~

We stayed at POR several times (even back when it was Dixie Landings), and I absolutely LOVED it. We stayed in the mansions a few of those times, too. I am so glad you get to stay there!

Hello LL! I'm so glad you are going to Disney again! Guess what I'm going the exact same time!!!! I would love to have a DIS meet. I'm actually staying at ASMu! Hope to meet you! (Check you PM! I sent you a long one! :rotfl:) I'm so excited! I'll be keeping up with you for sure!!! (I hope to start my PTR this weekend!)

I stayed in Magnolia when I was at Riverside! It is very pretty...and the evil little man at the desk who made me cry on my birthday is gone so I'm sure you'll be all good! :)

Yup, I think POR is "the one" for you! I have to say that you are rapidly turning me into a fan as well! I'm so excited for your trip and all the planning. So what about dining?? :hyper: I go in Oct and my ADR date has already hit so I know you can make reservations. What about F&W... when does it start? Will you get to see any of it? So many questions! But most of all just excited you and Marc will get to relax Disney style!!!

I think this may call for a new Vera... :rolleyes1 Does she have a relaxing pattern? ;)

So what about dining?? :hyper:

I think this may call for a new Vera... :rolleyes1

Yes, I want to know all about your bag delemas, your dinning. . .everything! I love your PTRs! You write so well and have so much to say! Can't wait. . .can't wait!

Oh. . .btw. . .where are the lists???:lmao:

Riverside is a wonderful resort. It is by far my favorite moderate! I love the relaxation Disney style mantra....that is our summer trip too!

As for planning... I like it too much too. I love to plan for others and plan a trip or two ahead for myself!

Hi LL... First of all, kudos to you and Marc for your hard work on your weight loss. Truly awesome. I'm happy for your trip and you get to stay with Marc at POR! Can't wait to hear the details. popcorn::

Hi!!! Joining in on your PTR fun! Congrats on all of the weight loss, that's great!

We went to Disney May 09 for the first time and we're going back in september too. We'll also be at POR from 9/18-9/27! We are sooo excited. I just keep looking at the pictures and cannot wait to be there. We are staying in the Alligator Bayou section because we are a family of 5!!!! Maybe we'll see you around.

You didn't surprise me one bit with your resort selection.
Somehow I knew you would find your way back to POR!
I'm so pleased that you are going back in September with Marc!:goodvibes

I totally understand about falling behind on my trip report, I have trouble keeping up as well. I have such a short time to finish it up because school is almost out and we are going back sooooo soooon!
I'll be relying on your lists to pack this summer so could you get going please?
:worship:

Yeah! I love your PTRs and TRs. Can't remember if I posted much. Your attention to detail is second to none. I remember several times pointing little details out to my husband at Disney that I knew came from you. You encouraged us to explore the countries of Epcot more than we normally do. It is still the hardest part with little kids!
I am so excited you are staying at Riverside. It is beautiful. I know we will get there in the future as we are now a family of 5 and they are the only mod that can handle that. The first time I stayed at POFQ I explored Riverside a ton. We stayed at Disney for 5 days and did not go to a single park-my DH had a conference and I just tagged along with our 4 month old. We hung out at several different resort pools (back when you could do that) It was so fun! In fact the last time we stayed at POFQ we requested and got the building closest to Riverside so we could walk to each lobby and pool just as easily.
Congrats on your weight loss. What a journey. I'm doing WW and am getting there. Slowly. I know myself enough to know that the surgery would not be a good option for me but seeing your results is inspiration that I need to kick it into high gear!

Awwww LL sooo happy for you that you have another trip around the corner!! :hug: Sorry I am late but I had a very good reason ;)
Need to go back and catch up with you and the rest of my subscriptions :goodvibes
Oh....and yes I was forever looking up at light fixtures...you really got me checking!! :rolleyes1

Tracy

What? You mean people plan Disney trips without changing resorts a million times??? :eek:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I think Riverside and you were meant for each other!!!
Yes, yes they do. Not very often on the DISboards though! :lmao:

I agree. Me & Riverside belong together in a big puffy heart.

LL & POR 4 Eva. :rotfl:

Just because you aren't changing resorts, doesn't mean there won't be many versions of you itinerary, right??

Looking forward to them all! We loved POR when we stayed there for a very short trip in 2008. I'd definitely stay there again. We were in a mansion - I think it was Parterre (?) Place. Pretty easy to get to the bridge and cross to the main building.
There will PROBABLY be many versions of my itinerary. But would you believe...I forgot to print it out from my work computer and don't have a copy of it at home!? :scared1: I think I remember it though so I might be updating later.

I think we should plan on seeing lots of itinerary changes since I think the there will be no changes on the resort front. ;)
I will do my best to give you lots of changes! ;)

I'm so excited! :cool1: You want to know why??? Because we'll be at WDW at the same time and funnily enough, at the same resort! Well, we're staying at POFQ but same diff. So that means you're stuck with having to meet me! :rotfl:Dave is still trying to convince me to stay at POR but I really like POFQ. Anyways, congrats on the weight loss, you guys look great! Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip. Oh, and how do you have over 15,000 posts when we joined at the same time? :confused3

~Beka~
That is so cool! I liked POFQ in January but something about Riverside just spoke to me. I think I was a Southern Belle in a former life and I need to stay there. :lmao:

I have no life so I DIS all the time. Or I should say I used too. The last few months I haven't been on as much.

We stayed at POR several times (even back when it was Dixie Landings), and I absolutely LOVED it. We stayed in the mansions a few of those times, too. I am so glad you get to stay there!
I really better get a mansion room. If not, I feel bad for the poor CM that says NO to me. :rolleyes1

Ooooh Riverside, how awesome!! Sept should be great weather... :goodvibes
I really can't wait to be at Riverside lounging by the pool with a Pina Colava in my hand. Sigh. :cloud9:

Hello LL! I'm so glad you are going to Disney again! Guess what I'm going the exact same time!!!! I would love to have a DIS meet. I'm actually staying at ASMu! Hope to meet you! (Check you PM! I sent you a long one! :rotfl:) I'm so excited! I'll be keeping up with you for sure!!! (I hope to start my PTR this weekend!)
I got your PM! I will be posting my itinerary soon. I can't believe how many people are going at the same time!

I stayed in Magnolia when I was at Riverside! It is very pretty...and the evil little man at the desk who made me cry on my birthday is gone so I'm sure you'll be all good! :)
Do I know this evil little man story? Because if not, I'd like to hear it. :rolleyes1

Yup, I think POR is "the one" for you! I have to say that you are rapidly turning me into a fan as well! I'm so excited for your trip and all the planning. So what about dining?? :hyper: I go in Oct and my ADR date has already hit so I know you can make reservations. What about F&W... when does it start? Will you get to see any of it? So many questions! But most of all just excited you and Marc will get to relax Disney style!!!

I think this may call for a new Vera... :rolleyes1 Does she have a relaxing pattern? ;)
I think so too. I have a feeling that after POR I might not want to stay anywhere else ever again. :rotfl:

Yes, I have the dining to post about too. I have made ADRs but I'm thinking of adding ONE more. :rolleyes1 I have to do some more research first thought.

No, new Vera. I promised Marc I wouldn't go crazy shopping since he's the one working hard to pay for this trip. I do have small-ish shopping list though. :rolleyes1

Yes, I want to know all about your bag delemas, your dinning. . .everything! I love your PTRs! You write so well and have so much to say! Can't wait. . .can't wait!

Oh. . .btw. . .where are the lists???:lmao:
The lists will be coming, I promise! Thanks for saying I write well, that means a lot. :goodvibes

Riverside is a wonderful resort. It is by far my favorite moderate! I love the relaxation Disney style mantra....that is our summer trip too!

As for planning... I like it too much too. I love to plan for others and plan a trip or two ahead for myself!
I remember the trip from...two years...did you stay at POR or POFQ? I remember reading about it. Relaxation is going to be a big part of this trip. I don't want to be stressed while in the parks. I want to relax and refresh!

I think I've gotten too efficient at planning because it doesn't take as much time anymore and then I get bored and find things to tweak. :upsidedow

Hi LL... First of all, kudos to you and Marc for your hard work on your weight loss. Truly awesome. I'm happy for your trip and you get to stay with Marc at POR! Can't wait to hear the details. popcorn::
Thanks! We have been working really hard.

Hi!!! Joining in on your PTR fun! Congrats on all of the weight loss, that's great!

We went to Disney May 09 for the first time and we're going back in september too. We'll also be at POR from 9/18-9/27! We are sooo excited. I just keep looking at the pictures and cannot wait to be there. We are staying in the Alligator Bayou section because we are a family of 5!!!! Maybe we'll see you around.
Wow, another one going at that time! How cool. I love looking at the POR pictures, they put a smile on my face.

You didn't surprise me one bit with your resort selection.
Somehow I knew you would find your way back to POR!
I'm so pleased that you are going back in September with Marc!:goodvibes

I totally understand about falling behind on my trip report, I have trouble keeping up as well. I have such a short time to finish it up because school is almost out and we are going back sooooo soooon!
I'll be relying on your lists to pack this summer so could you get going please?
:worship:
I'm really happy to be going back with Marc, we need this trip.

You are going back VERY soon. Don't you have a permanent packing list on your fridge by now, Anita? :laughing:

Yeah! I love your PTRs and TRs. Can't remember if I posted much. Your attention to detail is second to none. I remember several times pointing little details out to my husband at Disney that I knew came from you. You encouraged us to explore the countries of Epcot more than we normally do. It is still the hardest part with little kids!
I am so excited you are staying at Riverside. It is beautiful. I know we will get there in the future as we are now a family of 5 and they are the only mod that can handle that. The first time I stayed at POFQ I explored Riverside a ton. We stayed at Disney for 5 days and did not go to a single park-my DH had a conference and I just tagged along with our 4 month old. We hung out at several different resort pools (back when you could do that) It was so fun! In fact the last time we stayed at POFQ we requested and got the building closest to Riverside so we could walk to each lobby and pool just as easily.
Congrats on your weight loss. What a journey. I'm doing WW and am getting there. Slowly. I know myself enough to know that the surgery would not be a good option for me but seeing your results is inspiration that I need to kick it into high gear!
I tell myself at least 5 times a week to kick it into high gear, it's a constant battle that is for sure.

I'm really excited that POR is where we are staying, I can't wait to show it to Marc. He loved Wilderness Lodge so I know he'll appreciate the lushness and tranquility of POR too. I just can't wait!

Awwww LL sooo happy for you that you have another trip around the corner!! :hug: Sorry I am late but I had a very good reason ;)
Need to go back and catch up with you and the rest of my subscriptions :goodvibes
Oh....and yes I was forever looking up at light fixtures...you really got me checking!! :rolleyes1

Tracy
Yes, you did have a very good reason. :rotfl: The light fixture curse has struck another victim. Muhahahaha!

Hiii! Just found your PTR and joined!
popcorn::
Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Another POR go-er!! That's our resort too (well one of them) and I"m uber excited to get to experience this relaxation you fondly recall!! Yippee!

LL

We stayed at POFQ when we went two summers ago. We have stayed at POR 4 times though... twice with Hannah, our honeymoon and I stayed there when it first opened with my parents. I love it, much more that POFQ... but FQ won out since I was pregnant and needed the small resort and simple bus service too. I love the gift shop at Riverside, it is the best at any resort I have ever visited or stayed at, and the food court is top notch too!

Let's see, I have about 101 updates running through my head and I don't know where to go first. :rotfl2: How about a random jumble of thoughts update!

Random Jumble #1
I had to do some errands today. I've been looking online for a new bathing suit. I don't want to spend a small fortune on one because I know that by next summer I'll need a smaller one. I have been looking at the tankinis. Let me tell you I don't think I've owned a two piece bathing suit since I was 5. No worries, there will be NO skin showing but I had some luck at Target. They had this cute top on sale for $10! You just can't beat that. Then I went to Walmart where I had saw online they had bottoms for $10 but they weren't in the store so I'm just going to have to order them online. I'm very excited, a whole bathing suit for just $20! I tried on the top and it's a bit tight but I know I'll lose more weight between now and September so it will be fine. I can NOT wait to be at the pool.

Random Jumble #2
I have already made my ADRs but I'm thinking about adding a breakfast. I really want to meet Ariel and I know her grotto is closed at MK and I don't think she has any other greeting areas out in the parks, right? I'm pretty sure she is at Akershush and Cinderella's Royal Table. Is there one that she is at more often? I'd hate to go and miss her. I'm leaning more towards Akershush at this point but the money for breakfast makes me pause...I know I can use my dining credits there but I don't know. Thoughts?

Random Jumble #3
I went to the bookstore today and bought a new book. Okay, two new books. Both Disney of course. The first one is for reading.

colorcompanion.jpg

It is beautiful! Not a whole lot of new information but I love seeing the pictures.

The second one I have already read but it's more for ...cutting the pictures out. It's Birnbaum's Official Guide. Which leads me to...

Random Jumble #4
I'm making Marc a countdown, hence the need for cutting up a book. It's okay, I've made my peace with it. Plus I know all the information. I just want the pretty pictures. With me going to school and Marc working 2 jobs we are not going to see each other all that often. So I thought a nice daily countdown to remind him why we are working so hard would be a nice thing. I'll take pictures when I'm finished.

Random Jumble #5
I want a new camera. In order to do this I'm going to have to sell my old camera. If you remember, I didn't even bring my big fancier camera (Canon Powershot S5 IS) to Florida in January. It's heavy and bulky. While I love it and it takes wonderful pictures, I don't find myself using it as much as the little point and shoot we have. I'd like to sell my bigger one and the point and shoot and get a better smaller camera. I really want that new sony cybershot one that does the sweeping panoramic photos. I was playing with it at Walmart today and it is so COOL. I can just imagine all the wonderful Disney photos I could take with it. I have to do some more research though first.

Random Jumble #6
I've started to make a shopping list for what we need for this trip. I'm trying to keep it to a minimum.
*Sneakers for Marc
*Sunglasses for Marc
*Pins for trading (this will be the majority of my souvie shopping)
*Bathing Suit for Leslie
*Black Teva Mush Flippies
*Blister Products (Plan on ordering those soon, getting EXACTLY what I got for January)
*Double Layer socks for Leslie
*Clothes (Hoping if we slowly stock up our summer wardrobes then this won't be a horrendous amount of money)

I'm still debating if I want new sneakers. Mine are still in good shape and I'll wear mostly flippies and sandals this summer so I'm hoping I don't have to get another pair. The clothes worry me the most. I have no capri pants at all for this summer. We bought Marc some summer clothes a few weeks ago but who knows if they will last until September with how quickly he is losing weight. I'm just going to have to keep my eye out on sales.

So there you have it, a gigantic random jumble of my thoughts, complete with a list. ;)

Another POR go-er!! That's our resort too (well one of them) and I"m uber excited to get to experience this relaxation you fondly recall!! Yippee!
Oh yes, I fondly recall that relaxation. I can't wait for it. :banana:

LL

We stayed at POFQ when we went two summers ago. We have stayed at POR 4 times though... twice with Hannah, our honeymoon and I stayed there when it first opened with my parents. I love it, much more that POFQ... but FQ won out since I was pregnant and needed the small resort and simple bus service too. I love the gift shop at Riverside, it is the best at any resort I have ever visited or stayed at, and the food court is top notch too!
I think I'm going to love POR even more than POFQ as well. Jen and I explored the gift shop at Riverside quite extensively and I couldn't believe how HUGE it was. I just loved it. I can't wait to explore the Riverside grounds even more. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter