Relaxing at the Beach Club

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I checked into a 1-bedroom at the Beach Club Villas yesterday (March 2) for 8 nights, ready for another take it slow and relaxing vacation. I'm on the 5th floor facing the quiet pool.

Last night, I had a nice meal at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. I think this is an under-rated place where I can grab a meal without an ADR. I love the Green Goddess salad, and the Cabernet-braised Short Ribs with Corn Risotto were great.

This morning, I had a nice breakfast at Kouzzina. I enjoyed the Waffle with Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, Honey, and Chopped Pecans.

Hmm, I seem to be focused on food, eh? Luckily, the Flower & Garden festival starts Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to the new food booths. I walked around World Showcase this morning and it looks like the Food & Wine festival.

This trip, I plan on doing less table service and more counter service (Boulangerie Patisserie, etc).

I didn't bring my Nikon Camera, so this won't be a photo trip report. However, I may take a snapshot or two with my iPhone.

Below are a couple shots from this morning's chilly walk around World Showcase. Not particularly terrible for a phone.

Epcot France by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot China by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Those are still a couple of nice pictures for just a phone. I'll take whatever I can get from you. Thanks for the update. Enjoy your trip.

Great to see another of your TRs. Always enjoy your narrative and especially your pics. DW and I are staying at BCV for the first time during F&W this October. We have a studio reserved but will try and upgrade to a 1br using our BWV points at 7 months. Any pics or opinions you have on room location at BCV will be greatly appreciated.

I took another stroll around World Showcase. It felt more like January then March.

I had a ham and cheese on baguette sandwich at Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie (boy, was it crowded) in France, and followed that up with some School Bread at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway. I think that kind of negated the benefits of walking around World Showcase.

It is supposed to warm up here over the next day or two. I can't wait.

Have they set up the same type of booths for the F&G food marketplaces as they do for the F&W festival? I think this is a great addition to the F&G festival, assuming the portions and prices are similar to F&W.

Enjoy your stay Mike. Thanks for posting the photos. Very nice! I hope it warms up soon.

Love to see another TR! I can't wait to hear about the F&G Festival upgrades!

Wonderful photos. Is the fifth floor, quiet pool view fairly quiet? Last year, after 11 trips to BCV I got my first quiet pool view. It's now my favorite view. However, it was a solo trip, and this time I'll be with DH, who's a very light sleeper. However, perhaps the cold weather means the quiet pool's been fairly "quiet":rotfl::rotfl:

It warmed up a bit today, and tomorrow it is supposed to be mid to upper 70's.

I spent most the the day inside Epcot, including a nice dinner at Le Cellier. I had the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Moosehead Pale Ale, and the Mushroom Filet Mignon. The service tonight was fantastic and the food was great.

Epcot Canada by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Have they set up the same type of booths for the F&G food marketplaces as they do for the F&W festival? I think this is a great addition to the F&G festival, assuming the portions and prices are similar.

The booths look just like F&W. I can't wait until Wednesday to try some of the items.

Wonderful photos. Is the fifth floor, quiet pool view fairly quiet? Last year, after 11 trips to BCV I got my first quiet pool view. It's now my favorite view. However, it was a solo trip, and this time I'll be with DH, who's a very light sleeper. However, perhaps the cold weather means the quiet pool's been fairly "quiet":rotfl::rotfl:

It's been very quiet so far. However, I've had this view before with screaming kids below.

It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day today! The high will be between 77-79 degrees.

I am looking forward to the start of the Flower & Garden festival tomorrow.

Here are some snapshots from the iPhone this morning.

Epcot 1 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot 2 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot 3 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Thank you for the pictures, we are going for 6 nights at the BC on March 14 and your pictures are a great fill in. If you get a chance go to the St Patrick celebration (Raglan Road) this weekend in DTD We went last year and it was very entertaining. I believe it is going on for two weekends this week and next.
Enjoy your trip!

I love your pictures, and can't wait to hear about F&G activities!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I have never seen pictures taken with a phone look so good - very nice!

The Flower & Garden festival has kicked off. I was the very first guest at The Smokehouse at the American pavilion.

I had the pulled pork slider with cole slaw, followed by the smoked beef brisket with collard greens and jalapeño corn bread. Both were yummy

Epcot: The Smokehouse by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot: The Smokehouse by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Is it too early in the day to be enjoying some German beer? I'm over at the Bauernmarket drinking some right now.

We stayed at BCV over Thanksgiving last year. We were on the first floor facing the pool. (our favorite location) It is no longer called the "quiet" pool :rotfl: I cant remember what they are calling it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter