Requesting a room and fax?????

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
hello, I have found out from these boards that you should fax 4 days before, for your request. Does anybody know what I should do? We are resort hopping and will be staying PO-FQ from June 18-22, which will be no problem to fax. We are then going over to WL. We will be already there, so how will I fax WL 4 days before?? Should I go ahead and fax from home 7 days out or will I be able to use a fax somewhere down there?? Or would the best thing to do is call 4 days out while i am there????? thanks for any info...... Corvair

Go ahead anf fax them before you leave home.
I faxed my request to the WL a week before we left and I got everything I requested.
Have fun!

Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

Thanks for the info, where was your room located at WL?? What kind of request did you make?? Great to know I will just fax 6 days out...corvair

We had booked a courtyard view.
So when it came time to fax my request I said something like this:
"Our family is making its second trip to WDW and are so looking forward to staying at the WL. If possible, we would like to request a with 2 queen beds, on an upper floor with a view of the main pool. We would also love to be in the north wing (wing closet to Roaring Forks)"
The only thing I didnt mention (because I didnt know) was that we wanted an "open" balcony. We had a "closed" balcony (Room 6005). It was a agreat view, you just had to stand up to see it! It was fine though, I mean we got everything else we wanted!
Good luck.
Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

When you fax in your request is it acceptable to ask for an upgrade like that?

For example..If im booked in a standard view room is it pushy to ask for a pool view room? And how would yuou do it and not sound pushy?

That view at WL is not an upgrade. The resort is roughly hoseshoe shaped with the pool and lake in the middle. Almost any courtyard view is a pool/lake view in some way.

You can always ask about an upgrade when faxing but you'll do much better asking when you arrive.

Thank You goldenoldie

SO what do I do...just say "Is there any chance of an upgrade?" and smile real pretty?

Yes, I should clarify.
My room wasnt an upgrade. We had booked a courtyard view. But when they built the Villas, I had heard that a courtyard view can now also be considered a view of the Villas pool.
We really want to be facing the main pool, so that is why I specified that.
I think for an upgrade, you would have to ask that in person when you check in. I would not get my hopes up, but it never hurts to ask!
Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

Thanks for the help... I will fax from home 7 days out.. Should I also call from down there 4 days out to make sure???? Or should I just go with the flow?? We have two DD that will be at the pool most of the day, I want to be sure we get near the pool so I can keep my eye on them... We are paying for courtyard but as you said that can mean by the villas... Someone also metioned that could be up at the lobby..... I would like near the end so I can be by the steps....Jburke,,, any advise for what to say for that room location??? Since you have stayed there you have an idea about the resort... I have been posting on WL post but no response....I think I will say , Southwing inner courtyard third floor ,,,but what is the end of the U called??? Lower courtyard or just near the end by the steps???? Thanks for your help... I did not requet when I booked and will be there in 5 weeks... I am going to call and add to my ressie now and then send fax later. Any thoughts about name of room location ,,,,,, Thanks Corvair

I would not bother calling. Just send the fax and hope for the best.
As for what to request, I would definatley specifiy what wing you want to be on (we preferred the north because its near Roaring Forks and the boat launch)
I am not sure about the stairs.
Our room 6005 was at the very end of the wing, but you need to walk back the whole floor to get to the elevator. I never tried going down the stairs since it was the sixth floor, but I assume we were right above where the exit stairs would be on the ground level.
I guess the end of the "U" would be called near the lake/beach.
Is there a reason you would prefer the stairs?
If you choose the south wing it would be a shorter walk to the pool.
So basically just amke sure you state which wing you want, a view of the main pool and what floor (lower or higher) I think the higher would have a more unobstructed view.
Let me know and I will try to help more!
Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

Thanks,,,, I would rather be by the steps so my kids do not have to go in the elevators all day long.. We hang at the pool in the afternoon and they are in and out of the room all day... I think I am requesting south wing so we will be closer to the pool. I would like to sit on the balcony and see the kids in the pool... I think I will request third floor, I do not want to be to high up... The roaring forks in close to the pool right??? So south wing by the pool should also be close to RF. Thanks for all the great help. I did not request any thing when I made my ressie, I think I will add my request to that and then fax before we go... thanks,,,Corvair

Roaring Forks is close to the pool, in fact there are steps right out of it to get to the pool.
It is closer to the North Wing, to get to it from the south wing you would need to walk across part of the lobby.
Both north and south I would say are equal distance to the pool, I think the south has a more unobstructed view.
As I said I never tried the stairs, so I really dont know how to get into the stairwell.
Also in your request make sure you specifiy what types of beds (2 queen or queen with bunk bed.). Also smoking or non-smoking.
Hope I helped!
Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

JBurke, you said from south side I would have to go across part of the lobby to get to Roaring Forks, Can I get there by walking past the pool in the courtyard? i thought I could get there from the pool? Thanks,,,from the pictures I have looked at it does look like the south side you could see better...Corvair

Do you have your request listed in your room confirmation? If you do, it is not necessary to send a fax. You might be taken as beening pushy (from what I've read here).

I've never sent a fax for my room request, and have always received what I wanted. My personal trick is to arrive early to check in.

I arrived last year at the CR at 8:30am and got the room I wanted 11th Floor, last room down the hallway towards MK. Perfect view of the fireworks! It was our anniversary and I had it all listed in our room confirmation. My only complaint was the room had 2 queen beds, we asked for 1 king. I phoned front desk and they said it was a family resort with only 22 king beds in the whole place. They indicated they chose view over bedsize, which was fine with us afterwards.

The year prior, we stayed at the Swan and had a room w/balcony facing Epcot. We were perfectly located in the middle of the hallway to face Epcot head on. You could not have asked for a better location. During breakfast one morning, my DH complained to the wattress that our room was a little noisy since a child above us wakes up at the crack of dawn and plays on the balcony. She got the manager to try to relocate us (we were just chatting, not really demanding a room change) The Manager came over to us and indicated to my DH that we have the best room location and there was no better place to move us. She gave us our breakfast free due to our noisy wake up call that morning.

I found they are very good with giving you what you want as long as your not asking the impossible. I've never asked to be upgraded to club level or anything like that. My requests were always more location/view oriented within the level that I've already paid for.

goofygal. Hi, thanks for info. No I did not request anything when makeing ressies. I am paying for courtyard. Some people say courtyard at WL can be many different places. I want to request near the main pool.. So you just requested when making ressies and did not fax? It sounds like disney tries to honor request if possible. I was going to go to AK and then check in late afternoon, I think I will check in before we go to AK in the morning..thanks,,,Corvair

Oh YES YES YES check in BEFORE you hit the parks!!!

We always do and I truly believe that's how we get the location we ask for.

I would call and get your room location request on your actual room confirmation info. That's the first thing they look at when you check in. At least your info will be right there in the computer - I personally think it's "safer" than a fax. A fax can be lost, but if your in the computer they can't miss it.

Hope it all works out!

Yes, you can get to Roaring Forks from the outside too!
I dont think its pushy to send in a fax. I know when I made mt phone ressies, I didnt specifiy anything except maybe a non-smoking.
I would definately check in as early as possible to better your odds at the room you want.
Even if you dont get it, you wont be too disappointed. Its such a beautiful resort :)

Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter