Resale or direct

I am sorry that you didn’t find it acceptable. I will add, though, that what you needed,,,financial information via email...isn’t something that they do. I get you were not comfortable with phone calls but I do believe that you would have gotten more of what you wanted had that type of conversation with a guide had been possible.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Yeah I get that. It's not that I am uncomfortable with phone calls lol Ive spent half of my life on the the phone perhaps thats to my detriment here. It's more I don't want to call every time I have a question nor do I see the necessity. Again not asking for exact numbers just generalities ie how close are the costs on two fifty point contracts as opposed to one 100 point contract. Is it $50 more? A $100? Is it double? idk and it boggles my mind that they can't just email me or "chat" me the answer. There is no logical explanation for it since I would assume the final paperwork and contracts can be and are executed via email.

If anyone has recently purchased a 50 point AKL contract direct I would be interested in hearing how much you paid in closing costs as I have been able to deduce through research that costs on a 100 point contract are around $480.

Yeah I get that. It's not that I am uncomfortable with phone calls lol Ive spent half of my life on the the phone perhaps thats to my detriment here. It's more I don't want to call every time I have a question nor do I see the necessity. Again not asking for exact numbers just generalities ie how close are the costs on two fifty point contracts as opposed to one 100 point contract. Is it $50 more? A $100? Is it double? idk and it boggles my mind that they can't just email me or "chat" me the answer. There is no logical explanation for it since I would assume the final paperwork and contracts can be and are executed via email.

If anyone has recently purchased a 50 point AKL contract direct I would be interested in hearing how much you paid in closing costs as I have been able to deduce through research that costs on a 100 point contract are around $480.

Disney does not email contract. They only deal with hard copy. I also think closing costs are based on total purchase price, not number of points because the county tax seems to be based on that,,,at least that is how I see it in my paperwork.

Disney does not email contract. They only deal with hard copy. I also think closing costs are based on total purchase price, not number of points because the county tax seems to be based on that,,,at least that is how I see it in my paperwork.
Ok that helps. Thank you. I thought our guide had indicated being able to e-sign the paperwork but I could have been confusing that with a resale contract to which we had put in an offer ... With the help of owners here and on other sites, I have figured out that a split contract would not be double the closing costs than if it were left as one bigger contract. Still dont think it should be necessary for me to comb the owners boards for information that they could easily give me in a few seconds. Policy or not that sucks and it has affected our will to own direct points. Though inadvertently, Disney's policy might have actually SAVED us some money for a change! :)

Feel free to shoot me the name of a pro-active guide along with email contact info ..........In addition to the guide who we toured with I have tried 2 others via the DVC chat we have hit the trifecta in unresponsiveness. I never thought trying to spend thousands of dollars with a company would be so difficult. :)

This guide was great. I got no pressure . . .

Chris.mansour@disney.com

We are in the process of closing on 200 points at riviera. I asked them to break it into 2-100 point contracts. My guide said that I would pay closing costs on each contract. Each contract would have the same closing cost as if I just did a single contract. The closing costs on each contract were a bit under $600 for each contract. There are title fees, transfer fees, doc prep fees etc. My guide said that the closing costs (doc fees) increased by $30 per contract when the resort prices changed at the end of last month.

Edit:
For clarification, 1-200 point contract will be about $600 to close. 2-100 point contracts will be 2x600=$1200 to close.

Last edited:
I just looked at my previous contracts and the closing costs went up by about $38 for each contract. Spread across the various categories but mostly the doc preparation fee increase ($30). I had them redo the contracts with the new incentives that came out because it saved us a couple hundred bucks, which is why I know the numbers for both.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Ok that helps. Thank you. I thought our guide had indicated being able to e-sign the paperwork but I could have been confusing that with a resale contract to which we had put in an offer ... With the help of owners here and on other sites, I have figured out that a split contract would not be double the closing costs than if it were left as one bigger contract. Still dont think it should be necessary for me to comb the owners boards for information that they could easily give me in a few seconds. Policy or not that sucks and it has affected our will to own direct points. Though inadvertently, Disney's policy might have actually SAVED us some money for a change! :)

Pretty much everything is e-sign. You will have one portion at the very end that you will need to sign and get notarized. It is 2-pages.
The contract will come through DocuSign.

We are in the process of closing on 200 points at riviera. I asked them to break it into 2-100 point contracts. My guide said that I would pay closing costs on each contract. Each contract would have the same closing cost as if I just did a single contract. The closing costs on each contract were a bit under $600 for each contract. There are title fees, transfer fees, doc prep fees etc. My guide said that the closing costs (doc fees) increased by $30 per contract when the resort prices changed at the end of last month.

Thank you for the information. So your closing costs if you kept the purchase as one 200 point contract would have been around $1200? I got some guides recommended here by other owners so I may try again to buy direct once I forget how ticked I am with how it's gone so far. Thanks again

Pretty much everything is e-sign. You will have one portion at the very end that you will need to sign and get notarized. It is 2-pages.
The contract will come through DocuSign.

Interesting. I have never had documents done that way buying from Disney. Always sent hard copies.

Thank you for the information. So your closing costs if you kept the purchase as one 200 point contract would have been around $1200? I got some guides recommended here by other owners so I may try again to buy direct once I forget how ticked I am with how it's gone so far. Thanks again

Sorry, I'll go back and edit the post. The closing cost on 1-200 point contract is about $600. The closing cost on 2-100 point contracts is about $600 EACH. So if you split it into 2 contracts, you will pay double the closing costs.

Edit: Just to clarify I never did see the ACTUAL closing costs on a 200 point contract. I am just relaying what my guide told me.

Last edited:
Interesting. I have never had documents done that way buying from Disney. Always sent hard copies.

It may depend on where you are located, but we (spouse and I) just signed our e-docs and are planning to get them notarized this weekend.

After talking to the guide:
Points showed up in our account.

The guide sent us the password for docusign emails and gave them verbally (apparently that was important). My spouse and I had unique passwords (probably so they knew who was signing)

We both received 2 DocuSign emails to our own email accounts. 1 for each contract. At the end of each one, there is a portion we had to print off to go have signed with a notary.

We received 2 emails from Fedex. 1 for each contract. It contains the return shipping label to send them back.

We got a backpack in the mail about a week after talking to the guide with some magnets and other promotional material.

Overall, it has been pretty seamless. I don't think guides know the specifics on your numbers until they actually have the contracts written up. I also think they don't want to get too specific because people have a tendency to try and hold people to EXACTLY what was said. On the DVC site they have a general cost estimator that includes closing costs, but that definitely doesn't get into splitting into multiple contracts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: Added more information.

Last edited:
It may depend on where you are located, but we just signed our e-docs and are planning to get them notarized this weekend.

We received 2 DocuSign emails. 1 for each contract. At the end of each one, there is a portion you print off to go have signed with a notary.
We received 2 emails from Fedex. 1 for each contract. It contains the return shipping label to send them back.

We got a backpack in the mail about a week after talking to the guide with some magnets and other promotional material.

Im in NY. But my guide sent all paperwork with the backpacks and magnets. Good you were able to do it that way!

It may depend on where you are located, but we (spouse and I) just signed our e-docs and are planning to get them notarized this weekend.

Points showed up in our account.

The guide sent us the password for docusign emails and gave them verbally (apparently that was important). My spouse and I had unique passwords (probably so they knew who was signing)

We both received 2 DocuSign emails to our own email accounts. 1 for each contract. At the end of each one, there is a portion we had to print off to go have signed with a notary.

Overall, it has been pretty seamless. I don't think guides know the specifics on your numbers until they actually have the contracts written up. I also think they don't want to get too specific because people have a tendency to try and hold people to EXACTLY what was said. On the DVC site they have a general cost estimator that includes closing costs, but that definitely doesn't get into splitting into multiple contracts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: Added more information.

Thank you again, that is very helpful. Much appreciated.

I know many have said that the guides don't want to get too specific but I still don't get that reasoning. I assume these costs are pretty much fixed and the only variable would be the # of points in a contract. Seems to me they would know exactly how much the closing costs on a 50 point contract at a given resort would cost, don't see the difference if they give that to me via email or they tell me via phone call, one way or another I would need to know exactly how much I am agreeing to spend before I ever say "Deal". Maybe I'm missing something. We placed an offer on a resale contract last night so their "policy" most likely cost them a sale.

Thank you again, that is very helpful. Much appreciated.

I know many have said that the guides don't want to get too specific but I still don't get that reasoning. I assume these costs are pretty much fixed and the only variable would be the # of points in a contract. Seems to me they would know exactly how much the closing costs on a 50 point contract at a given resort would cost, don't see the difference if they give that to me via email or they tell me via phone call, one way or another I would need to know exactly how much I am agreeing to spend before I ever say "Deal". Maybe I'm missing something. We placed an offer on a resale contract last night so their "policy" most likely cost them a sale.

Congrats! No one knows why, but that is Disney policy. I’m going to venture most will end up calling and end up getting what they need so the policy isn’t really a big deal for most. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter