Reservation Credit....question

melana

DIS Veteran
if this isn't the place to ask. I apologize.

I have an almost 360.00 room/reservation credit from switching a one night room only stay from the Contemporary to All star Sports.

When I called WDW to see if I could get that refunded to the gift card I used to book the CM said I couldn't and after check out it would take 7 to 10 days to credit back to the card. he said I could purchase a gift card in the amount at the gift shop and charge to my room account.

I was just wondering if this was true and if anyone has done it before. I had counted on using the money for the rest of my trip.

You won't be able to use your MB to purchase a Disney gift card. At least I wasn't allowed to at the BC gift shop last year. I had to use an actual credit card or cash.

If that credit is on your room account, when you charge with your MB, it should just deduct from the credit.

See, I am switching to BLT the next morning for the rest of my stay. They said they couldn't transfer the amount to the other reservation since it was DVC and renting points.

It's really no biggie, I was just wondering if what they told me was really true. It sounded too good to be true. Would have been sweet to be able to use the $$ this trip.

I wonder if I could cancel the room and get the refund back to my card and then just rebook??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter