Resort Advice Needed - Family of 6 from AUSTRALIA!!!

You would save money renting points for a 1BR, but you would trade flexibility. Most point rentals are final transactions - once booked, save via separately purchased trip insurance, the transaction is final and cannot be changed, cancelled or moved. The 1BRs that natively sleep 5 (beds for all) are at OKW, AKV, VGF and BLT.

I would not recommend 5+pack and play at Boulder Ridge or BWV in a studio. You would be tripping over one another. It's legal, but I do not know that it would be pleasant, and if you had an infant trying to sleep at times others weren't, it would definitely be inconvenient.

Of the weeks you list, October 19-26 will be least busy, but still busy. The other two weeks are holiday weeks and will be packed.

I vote AoA family suite Nov 3-10th. Why you ask?...

1.It is 1st time for your family, your children will be in awe of the decorations, the pool, the food court. Food Court is the best one on property. You will love it...( But I guess any resort you pick you will love it!
2. The week between parties, MNSSP and MVMCP, is relatively slower that normal. I was able to get 6 fast passes on the Tuesday at MK of that week.

No matter what you pick,resort or date, you are going to be amazed how cool WDW is! ( Yes, I have drank the cool aid)

If proximity to parks is more important, the DVC studios you've listed will provide that. If this is the direction you want to go, I would first think about which parks you want to visit most (if EP/DHS, I would do BC.
Just to mention BCV studios are not available for the week through DVC points so only option if doing that would be a cash reservation if still available. One bedroom villas are still available however and this resort is great for walking to epcot absolutely and within walking distance to DHS (though possibly not so much for your littler ones)
Most of the studios for that week at DVC resorts through points are already gone or only available partially. Even at AKV Kidani only the savanna view studios currently have availability.
I agree with previous posters that I would not be able to survive a week in a studio with my own 3 kids and my DH; me and the kids probably alone but DH likes his own space. Only you know though what is best for your own family. There is also restrictions on number of people booked through DVC per room type and lots of the studios say they only accommodate 4 people. I don't know how easy it is to exceed that through a cash reservation since we have only booked on points and have only stayed in 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villas with 3 kids so not exceeding allowed numbers where we have stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter