• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Just got off of the phone with a CM after a 30 minute hold. Originally scheduled at AoA little mermaid room 8/30-9/4 and was switched to CBR. I was expecting a much more complicated process to switch, or at least a longer hold so I was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed at CBR so I am excited for something new!
Kinda kicking myself...I booked Pop Century for my August trip but was considering AoA. Would’ve been nice to be moved to CBR, lol.

I am booked at All Star Sports for early November. I wonder if I should call or just wait?

For those that were switched, were you moved at no additional cost to you?

I am booked at All Star Sports for early November. I wonder if I should call or just wait?

For those that were switched, were you moved at no additional cost to you?
DD and I had an ASMo stay in early November, I called a few weeks (month?) back and was switched to Pop at no additional cost (as long as you don't change your dates.)
I don't remember exactly, but say something like "I'm still planning to come on (date) but my resort won't be open."

Some CMs might try to give you a price adjustment. It happened to me with our August family stay, one CM kept trying to move me from WL to a DVC with a price increase. Then when I wanted to explore AoA suites as an option, she quoted me an additional $200. I ended up taking it (had been on hold most of the day at this point and was tired). Overnight I thought about it and was not happy since it came to a ridiculous amt per night when I looked at our original WL rate.

So I called back the next day. I called GS directly and that CM was surprised I got charged, and she fixed things for us and refunded that $$ and moved us to Poly. (Of course that got changed today :) ).

I'm on hold now. It will be interesting to see where they move us to. We book AoA because we need the separate sleeping area and 2 bathrooms. I will make sure to relay that to the CM!

tell me your secrets! What's the guest service line? or do i have to call in and ask to get transferred?
I started calling the VIPassholder line since I've had great luck with it in the past, but it was giving me the whole spiel about annual passes, refunds, cancellations, blah blah blah. So I remembered about the lovely direct GS 7866 number. I normally would've just waited and asked to be transferred to GS, but my trip is in 2 weeks and I didn't want to risk not having a comparable room. After being moved from AKL, to Kidani, to Poly, I wanted something really great so I gave 7866 a call.

As with last time, I was offered CR Garden Wing and "nothing else" was available to offer me price protection (Note: I feel like all "price-protected" rooms at CR are Garden Wing because I did see online that the main building is available). But then the CM noted that room wasn't comparable at all to what I had as it was significantly less of a value than Poly Lagoon View. Sooo that's when he asked for my preferences and we scored Riviera!

Some CMs might try to give you a price adjustment. It happened to me with our August family stay, one CM kept trying to move me from WL to a DVC with a price increase. Then when I wanted to explore AoA suites as an option, she quoted me an additional $200. I ended up taking it (had been on hold most of the day at this point and was tired). Overnight I thought about it and was not happy since it came to a ridiculous amt per night when I looked at our original WL rate.

So I called back the next day. I called GS directly and that CM was surprised I got charged, and she fixed things for us and refunded that $$ and moved us to Poly. (Of course that got changed today :) ).
I called today since BWI reopening is now to be decided. CM put me on hold, said she was going to 'check prices'. Wait, what? She came back and gave me YC at same price but if she hadn't I just would have waited and called back. The CMs are so variable.

I called today since BWI reopening is now to be decided. CM put me on hold, said she was going to 'check prices'. Wait, what? She came back and gave me YC at same price but if she hadn't I just would have waited and called back. The CMs are so variable.
So true! Was this a GS CM? It seems as though the keyword they use now is "comparable" when looking into price-protected rooms. According to my CM, a main tower room at CR isn't comparable to my lagoon view at the Poly, and a standard villa isn't comparable to it either 🤷‍♀️ Oh well! I'm looking forward to staying at the Riviera and even booked a September stay at CR because this 40% AP discount is such a good deal.

i'm a little annoyed that they don't have a comparable solution for moving people in a family suite at AoA. The reason we booked a family suite is because there will be 4 adults (in their late 20's) that are all big guys. They don't want to share beds if doable (3 beds in the family suite and they are bringing an air mattress) but mainly the two bathrooms is a biggie for them.

The CM that picked up said they could move to caribbean beach 5th sleeper.....isn't the 5th sleeper for a child?
Or move to one POP room. One pop room is a fraction of the size to a family suite, with only two beds and one bathroom.

not to mention that the price for a family suite is MUCH higher than one standard room at pop.

I have been transferred to Guest Services. Hopefully there is something that is comparable.

I am on the phone now. I told them I absolutely need a room that has a separate sleeping area ... or else two rooms at Pop. There is no way they are cramming me into one room when moving from a suite.

I am on the phone now. I told them I absolutely need a room that has a separate sleeping area ... or else two rooms at Pop. There is no way they are cramming me into one room when moving from a suite.
Yes exactly. I have 6 ppl (3 adults, 1 child and 2 toddlers in pack n plays). I can't fit 2 pack n plays in a studio.

For the people calling right now, have the phone CMs now been updated about the changes? Specifically, if you are at BWI or AoA which now have no opening date, are they able to move you right now?

I called about a hour ago and my CM was trying to convince me that BWI was still opening October 1. Apparently she hadn’t been informed so she couldn’t help me.

For the people calling right now, have the phone CMs now been updated about the changes? Specifically, if you are at BWI or AoA which now have no opening date, are they able to move you right now?

I called about a hour ago and my CM was trying to convince me that BWI was still opening October 1. Apparently she hadn’t been informed so she couldn’t help me.
Well, when I spoke with GS, he told me that they were literally just informed of the change when everyone else was but he was aware of it and happily moved me, price-protected.

We’re booked for AOA 8/24-8/30
Sitting on hold 13 minutes and counting. Didn’t get the all circuits busy or expected wait time message. Hoping that is good sign. Will update with results.

Split stay with Poly and CR starting in August for honeymoon. Called at 11:00 to switch our Poly (garden view) and was speaking with a CM about 45 minutes later. Originally offered CR garden room for our first half of our stay and I said we are already staying at CR and am not interested in changing within the same hotel. Then was offered a one bedroom villa at Boulder since I also said a king bed was a must. Slight increase in price but oh well...

But I can at least confirm CMs are now aware and switching.

Just got the email from WDW that Poly Village won't be opening. Here's the text if anyone is interested:

"We hope you’re looking forward to your upcoming vacation as much as we’re looking forward to having you here. Unfortunately, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is no longer planned to be open on the dates of your visit. We understand the inconvenience this may cause––especially if your plans had already been changed before.
Please accept our sincerest apologies and know how much we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We’re happy to reaccommodate you at one of the Disney Resort hotels that will be open during your stay. We’ll reach out within four weeks of your arrival date to discuss the Resort and room type options available to you and to assist with modifying your Disney Resort hotel. Of course, this will happen at no additional charge and no action on your part is required at this time. In addition, this modification will have no impact on other vacation experiences you may have booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.
Thanks for your patience as we all learn to navigate these times together.

To view the latest list of Disney Resort hotels currently open and all experience updates, click here."

I'm on hold now. It will be interesting to see where they move us to. We book AoA because we need the separate sleeping area and 2 bathrooms. I will make sure to relay that to the CM!
Please report back :) We're in the same situation. We really don't want 2 separate rooms, but I don't even know what to ask for at this point. Argh...this trip has been so much work... currently on hold as well. Hoping there's something that'll work out.

Well, when I spoke with GS, he told me that they were literally just informed of the change when everyone else was but he was aware of it and happily moved me, price-protected.

Thanks! I just called and was moved to a BCV studio, and even saved a little in the bargain. I will miss the BWI but am still very happy with this move. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter