Resort Change by Disney

We were switched to YC from BWI but my son was hoping for Poly. Curious why they didn't auto switch you to YC. CM even said 'there is Stormalong Bay' which I don't think is even open right now.
I assumed it was because of the NBA. I wanted YC, but then heard that Stormalong was closed, so I was ok with the Poly switch. Now I just don’t know. I’ve been hanging on to this trip by a thread, but it may finally be time to let it go.

Yeah, annoyingly even pre-Covid when we went to Beach Club with our two year old one time we were put in a room with no daybed. I thought with 5 we would get a daybed room but Disney does not count 2 year olds for room occupancy because they expect you to use a pack n play. Well my large 2 year old (a week from his 3rd bday) wouldn't fit in a pack n play, so I spent an exhausting week getting kicked in the face all night by our little angel. Sorry--I agree it is a ridiculous policy.
Especially considering we're being moved from a room with 2 bathrooms and 2 separate sleeping areas. I actually just booked a backup off property. Really, there's no "perk" to staying on property anyways and I know our folks will be happier with more space. Since ME isn't doing luggage anymore, we were already considering renting a car, so this may end up being a very different Disney trip for us.

well I got the email about our Labor Day stay at the Poly. I guess I’ll deal with that tomorrow.

for people in an AoA suite curious about what options are being offered, depending on what you want you will get a different option every time you call.

We called three times today knowing that we would get different answers each time.

We got offered:
1. 1 BR Villa at Boulder Ridge
2. Deluxe Studio at Riviera
3. 1 BR Villa at Old Key West

All price protected which was...nice. But ultimately we didn't bite and take that offer.
The room in the suite booked a backup off property as PP mentioned that there really isn't a benefit to staying on site--which is true.

We may call back tomorrow to see if any other discoveries have been made

for people in an AoA suite curious about what options are being offered, depending on what you want you will get a different option every time you call.

We called three times today knowing that we would get different answers each time.

We got offered:

All price protected which was...nice. But ultimately we didn't bite and take that offer.
The room in the suite booked a backup off property as PP mentioned that there really isn't a benefit to staying on site--which is true.

Which other room types have 2 bathrooms aside from 2bed villas?

We got offered:

It is so odd on how different each CM is...I was only able to choose between cabins and a regular room at cbr to move from nemo suites. We said no thx. I think it's weird how picky they're being...just stick ppl. where they want within reason.

I am also at AoA cars suite aug 23-29 with 4 adults and 2 kids. Haven’t received an email. What do you think is being offered?

Editing: called today( so nervous) talked with a wonderful cast member. She confirmed that AOA would not be open for our trip. She then asked why we originally chose AoA for our resort. I mentioned the theming, the kids 15 and 12 still like Cars!!! They grew up with it. And then I mentioned the 2 bathrooms. The next best seller. I was on hold for about 15 minutes while she worked her magic. She came back with Kidani villa 2 bedroom with savannah view! Jaw Drop! Speechless! Amazing! Wishing everyone the same Disney Magic with your relocations!!!!

Last edited:
ok, so originally we had ASmu and was switched to AoA, but with them not opening for our stay I called was on hold for 3 hrs altogether with them trying to figure out what to do.
Dates Sept 5-8, kept same dates
ASmu to AoA, now Key West 2 Bedroom Villa!!
I'm so excited We've never stayed at a Deluxe before!!

I was being nice. She was abrupt and cut me off several times, regarding change options.

Did you take the survey after the call and give her 1s? My cast member was great and I did the survey and they asked about the cast member. It is a 1 to 5 scale but you can give them low scores if you feel like they were rude to you.

ok, so originally we had ASmu and was switched to AoA, but with them not opening for our stay I called was on hold for 3 hrs altogether with them trying to figure out what to do.
Dates Sept 5-8, kept same dates
ASmu to AoA, now Key West 2 Bedroom Villa!!
I'm so excited We've never stayed at a Deluxe before!!
Wow awesome for you. I have to move from Nemo suites and after only being offered cabins or 1 room at CBR...specifically asked about any villas with 2 bathrooms and was told it wasn't a comparable price match. I'm hoping to have better luck later, but man it's frustrating.

Remember a lot will depend on the resort dates and availability. Folks getting offered a "better" upgrade may just luck out because the normal "price match" for their resort is unavailable for the particular dates of their stay. Party size/ages is a big part of it too (e.g., a party of 5 in an AoA suite can be moved to many more places than a party of 6).

Wow awesome for you. I have to move from Nemo suites and after only being offered cabins or 1 room at CBR...specifically asked about any villas with 2 bathrooms and was told it wasn't a comparable price match. I'm hoping to have better luck later, but man it's frustrating.
Definitely try again, it was hard being on hold for so long, just put it on speaker as I got things done, lol... It was worth it,I was blessed, I got a great CM who was funny and nice and did everything he could to accommodate. Keep trying! 😉

So after thinking about it all night, I wanted to try somehow to get back to the Poly. I called and was told that any second moves wouldn't be price-protected since the Poly is a totally separate entity from Poly Villas. I understood if I wanted to move to a different resort altogether, but it would've been nicer for the CM to be a little more understanding that it's the same property and we'd like to continue staying there. She checked and there's nothing available for our dates anyway. I was maybe going to call back later to get a different CM if there was. BUT she did inform me that because we were moved twice due to resort closures (AKL, Poly), we'd be getting a $100 e-gift card upon check-in, so that's something to look forward to as well. Apparently, it's noted on your account if you had to be moved a second time and you're supposed to be given a $100 gift card for the inconvenience when you check-in, I'm assuming it will be emailed when your room is ready or on the morning of your arrival. She wasn't too sure as to when the e-gift card will be sent out, but I'll update in 15 days when we arrive at the Riviera!

Last edited:
We, too, got the "AoA will be closed in October" email. Our original reservation was at ASSports, and we were changed automatically. Do you think we will again be changed automatically? I don't really care where they put us, and I don't feel like spending hours on hold. Why and I being so flexible??? Because realistically, we will have to cancel this vacation anyway. Sad Face :oops:

So we were booked Labor Day weekend in a standard Poly room. I wanted to move to the villas side (we stayed there before and liked it) but the CM said it was not available. He then said let me check GFV and that was unavailable, too. He asked me to hold while he dug deeper. He came back to me with a GF 1-Bedroom Standard Villa that was price protected with my current rate. I couldn't believe it. It seems like a major upgrade and we have always wanted to try the GF. I said yes. However, now I am second guessing myself with the NBA stay and how that might impact our trip. I did know about the great blue wall when I said "yes" and I am fine with that. Has anyone recently stayed at Grand Floridian Villas and had a good experience? I am worried about the crowd level at the pool since only one will be open. Also, are you allowed to visit Poly right now without dining reservation? Are the boats from GF to MK running?

I am worried about the crowd level at the pool since only one will be open. Also, are you allowed to visit Poly right now without dining reservation? Are the boats from GF to MK running?
Yes you can walk or take the resort monorail from the GF to Poly. There have been reports of some resort launches being spotted but Disney has the following posted information concerning Transportation.

Transportation
  • Bus transportation is available from this Disney Resort hotel to EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Disney Springs area
  • Water taxis are not available from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park
  • Monorail transportation is available to and from Magic Kingdom park; monorail transportation is not available for EPCOT
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-grandFloridian

Dave

So we were booked Labor Day weekend in a standard Poly room. I wanted to move to the villas side (we stayed there before and liked it) but the CM said it was not available. He then said let me check GFV and that was unavailable, too. He asked me to hold while he dug deeper. He came back to me with a GF 1-Bedroom Standard Villa that was price protected with my current rate. I couldn't believe it. It seems like a major upgrade and we have always wanted to try the GF. I said yes. However, now I am second guessing myself with the NBA stay and how that might impact our trip. I did know about the great blue wall when I said "yes" and I am fine with that. Has anyone recently stayed at Grand Floridian Villas and had a good experience? I am worried about the crowd level at the pool since only one will be open. Also, are you allowed to visit Poly right now without dining reservation? Are the boats from GF to MK running?
We ate dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe, we walked around the resort and the pool area was not crowded at all. We did see the blue wall while eating and it honestly didn't ruin the ambiance of the restaurant. We then walked over to the Polynesian to look around the resort as it was where we were originally supposed to stay there during the first half of our trip. Since we were staying at the CR, we used the monorail and they don't check to see if you are staying when you get off the monorail. When we went to Riveria for breakfast we did use our car and the guard checked the list to make sure we had reservations. Later in our trip we rode the skyliner from HS bc our son wanted to try it out and we could have easily gotten off to walk around the Riveria, but we continued on to the Epcot stop. Our second half we moved to BWV since our second half stay resort was also closed. It ended up being a great experience trying out two resorts we probably would have never done on our own as we have our favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter