Resort Change by Disney

I’d wait. The AS resorts are the cheapest on property, so any move is an upgrade in terms of price. It looks like the plan is to move is the Pop or AoA. There could be some moves elsewhere later on, but those will probably be if the other Values book up. With the matrix that came out yesterday, the CMs are mostly just plugging into the applicable substitute, so calling now is unlikely to alter where you end up.

If you had a different resort booked, especially if it was a specialty room type, it would make sense to call now while there’s still inventory to get you the closest match or upgrade. Even if you were at ASMu in a family suite, I’d say to call before all the AoA suites were assigned to others.

But I don’t think hours of being on hold is worthwhile in your case, especially when you have so much time left to be able to call at a less busy time. In addition to making things easier on yourself, waiting until things die down will let those who urgently need to get through for July and August to get through a little more easily.
I would call. I had all star sport booked for November 29 - December 5th and called yesterday. I was moved to pop century at no charge. I was afraid if I waited I would be out of luck later or they would change the policy of having no charge. You could wait in hopes of getting something better than pop century, but i wanted to secure my spot even if I didn't get a huge upgrade.

You can try the 800-848-6413. Option 3 is for IT helpdesk and Option 4 is for all other inquiries. It usually always goes through. You may be in queue for 2 hours but it has worked for me the last 2 days. The message even states they are focused on modifications for guests arriving in 2020.
You are Awesome!!! Got into system on first call. Currently on hold, but better than 'all circuits busy now.' I have a July 19-24 at POFQ and want to figure this out without being moved to the FW Cabins, which is all they offered yesterday. FYI: message has been updated to indicate reservations in 2021 can now be modified as well. (Why in the world would they expand it before more 2020 people were taken care of is beyond me!)

Last edited:

I don't feel bad for Disney having to upgrade people, it is their fault for not opening up all of the resorts. Especially since they are giving the Disney Springs resorts the same priority to the parks as those actually staying on property. Disney should be upgrading people who choose to stay with them instead of an off site hotel. just my opinion
Exactly, I totally agree!! That's why I didn't feel bad pushing for a better deluxe resort. I just think they're only able to give certain rooms in certain sections to guests who need resort changes. It totally sucks but it kind of makes sense when you think about how there are room blocks depending on the offer used (Rack, Discount, AP, FL Resident, etc.). They tried telling me that "everywhere else" at CR and Riviera were completely unavailable after offering me only 1 room-type. They're only given certain rooms to work with when it comes to moving guests around, and now they have that matrix in place to make moving guests around even harder.

You are Awesome!!! Got into system on first call. Currently on hold, but better than 'all circuits busy now.' I have a July 19-24 at POFQ and want to figure this out without being moved to the FW Cabins, which is all they offered yesterday.
I called last night and I was also scheduled for POFQ Riverview. They moved me to CBR preferred room with price protection but mine is for October. I know others who also were offered FW Cabins and they told the CM that it was not comparable to POFQ and they could not do all of the walking in FW. The CM ended up giving them a bump to deluxe with price protection so I hope you get the same deal. I have now seen where Disney is not making internal transfers due to call volume so I hope you can get to the right CM that can help you! Fingers crossed!

Ok so which number are people calling this morning and having the best success? Is the magic number burned?

Exactly, I totally agree!! That's why I didn't feel bad pushing for a better deluxe resort. I just think they're only able to give certain rooms in certain sections to guests who need resort changes. It totally sucks but it kind of makes sense when you think about how there are room blocks depending on the offer used (Rack, Discount, AP, FL Resident, etc.). They tried telling me that "everywhere else" at CR and Riviera were completely unavailable after offering me only 1 room-type. They're only given certain rooms to work with when it comes to moving guests around, and now they have that matrix in place to make moving guests around even harder.

I understand the inability to open all resorts, but they should be accommodating the needs of people who need to move better. I was only given the FW Cabins as an option for POFQ which I declined. I am not requesting a top-tier resort, but I do want an experience similar to what I booked. If I can't get something today I will just wait and see if they offer better in a week or two. Fortunately, I can cancel the whole thing if I don't like what they offer. (Schedule doesn't make rebooking later an option for me.)

I understand the inability to open all resorts, but they should be accommodating the needs of people who need to move better. I was only given the FW Cabins as an option for POFQ which I declined. I am not requesting a top-tier resort, but I do want an experience similar to what I booked. If I can't get something today I will just wait and see if they offer better in a week or two. Fortunately, I can cancel the whole thing if I don't like what they offer. (Schedule doesn't make rebooking later an option for me.)

And that is completely reasonable. The only other moderate that was open at my time was CBR. We have stayed there a few times and had bad experiences. I do not wish to ever stay there again, especially since the rooms are cheaper then what I paid for at POFQ. I was very nice but said that I refuse to stay at that resort again and would prefer anything else. The cast member was very nice and got me Boardwalk, which opens back up 2 days before I arrive.

Oops sorry, I should've worded it better. They only gave me 1 room-type at CR and Riviera and tried telling me all other rooms for the WHOLE resort were unavailable, which is really hard to believe. I wonder if you called after the new matrix was implemented.

IT took 2 hours and 45 minutes on hold but I was able to change ASMovies to Pop Preferred room for July 13 to 17 for no charge.

I was wandering if anyone else saw this on their reservation. We originally had POFQ from Sept. 22-29 with DDP. When DDP was cancelled it was removed and credited back to us. Last night I spoke with GS about getting a resort change and they moved us to a Caribbean Beach Preferred room and now on MDE it says we have the Deluxe Dining Plan?

We have the same. We called yesterday and was moved from FQ to CB and it also says now a deluxe dining plan.

You are Awesome!!! Got into system on first call. Currently on hold, but better than 'all circuits busy now.' I have a July 19-24 at POFQ and want to figure this out without being moved to the FW Cabins, which is all they offered yesterday. FYI: message has been updated to indicate reservations in 2021 can now be modified as well. (Why in the world would they expand it before more 2020 people were taken care of is beyond me!)
It doesn't make any sense. Until everyone who needs to make changes for this year due to closed resorts are taken care of, stop letting 2021 schedule theirs. Not to mention the fact of people still struggling to make park reservations. SMH. It has been a stressful few days for sure!

Good luck today everyone! My resort change took a total of over 15 hrs over 2 days. Ended yesterday. Don't stress out and give up and don't go insane over the hold music.
I am in the same boat...bailing (lol) I have invested 12 plus hours so far - over 2 days. I am currently on hold, again...fingers crossed!

Thank you, the “price protection” aspect does make me feel better. AoA will not be open when I’m there next month. Pop is the only value resort that will be, so it’s safe to assume that’s where they will be putting a majority of the All Star folks for now. Which like you said, anything would be an upgrade as far as price goes. I’ve stayed at Pop my last two trips, and I’m excited for the Skyliner.
Sorry, I should have noticed that AoA would not be open yet. (It is open when I'm going, so had it in mind.) As someone else who replied to you mentioned, 7 days before check-in seems to be the "deadline" to get things straightened out by. Be sure to get your TA working on it by then; and if you really want Pop and the Skyliner, let her know that and encourage her to call as soon as she can. Let us know how you make out.

P.S. If Pop wasn't big enough to accommodate everyone already booked into it and the All-Stars for your dates, I think they'd have opened up a second value resort. (Edited to add this P.S.)

Last edited:
I would call. I had all star sport booked for November 29 - December 5th and called yesterday. I was moved to pop century at no charge. I was afraid if I waited I would be out of luck later or they would change the policy of having no charge. You could wait in hopes of getting something better than pop century, but i wanted to secure my spot even if I didn't get a huge upgrade.
I specifically asked for Pop for November 29 but was told value and moderates weren't available for those dates. I wonder if maybe I am not allowed to switch resorts and dates (currently booked at All-Star Music), but a mid-October vacation isn't as appealing with no Halloween party or Eat to the Beat concerts.

I specifically asked for Pop for November 29 but was told value and moderates weren't available for those dates. I wonder if maybe I am not allowed to switch resorts and dates (currently booked at All-Star Music), but a mid-October vacation isn't as appealing with no Halloween party or Eat to the Beat concerts.
Maybe the CM at that time was misinformed? I had a CM on Monday that told me the Poly wasn't opening in the time for my trip, when it was already announced to open the day I check-in. Called back yesterday and I was able to be moved to the Poly, no problem.

Looks like they have done away with the $10/night mousekeeping decline gift card, my checkin process for 2021 just says I can have every other day or decline. No mention of credit now. Is this the wording that is on the 2020 reservations still?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter