Resort Change by Disney

I hope you're right. I'm terrified I just threw all this money out the window. We rented from Daves DVC, literally just finalized the reservation just 3 days ago. The fine print reads "In the even that the resort is closed or you're unable to travel, no refunds, credits, or modifications will be allowed. No exceptions." Should I have any hope at all?

There is a huge thread about issues with David’s on the DVC forum. But, I don’t see Disney closing down. There is a renter who just checked in and when she got there, she was sent to Kidani

I dont think you will be without a room as the owner can’t cancel you...but, you may not see the change if Jambo is closed in your MDE if they were not able to talk to the owner.

There is a huge thread about issues with David’s on the DVC forum. But, I don’t see Disney closing down. There is a renter who just checked in and when she got there, she was sent to Kidani

I dont think you will be without a room as the owner can’t cancel you...but, you may not see the change if Jambo is closed in your MDE if they were not able to talk to the owner.
I wonder what we should do then? Will my confirmation number remain the same if we change resorts, and then I could call and find out what resort we are staying at now? I don't want to run the risk of flying there and not having a room. Plus we take the magic express and I wouldn't even know where to tell them to take us. I really don't even care where we stay at this point, I just don't want to be out the money.

I wonder what we should do then? Will my confirmation number remain the same if we change resorts, and then I could call and find out what resort we are staying at now? I don't want to run the risk of flying there and not having a room. Plus we take the magic express and I wouldn't even know where to tell them to take us. I really don't even care where we stay at this point, I just don't want to be out the money.

Contact David’s...MDE updates with a change immediately. Nothing you can do because DVC will only talk to an owner....not even to David’s.

Unfortunately, until you check in, it’s in the owners hands...

There phone lines aren't accepting incoming calls due to volume. I emailed them at 10:30 this morning but haven't gotten a response back, hopefully soon though. I really appreciate all your help!

Question- please direct me if this is the wrong thread. Has anyone at a closed resort received their magic bands? I ordered two a few weeks ago (not complimentary) and still haven't received a shipping notification. I still haven't been moved from POR (third party issue). We check in 7/16. Estimated delivery is 10 business days before arrival... which would be next week. TIA!
I’m not in a closed resort, but I check in 7/10 and my bands shipped today. Assuming they’re doing them in order, I think yours should ship soon!

Last edited:
SO after much internet research, I found that I would not like staying at Kidani so I called back asking to be moved and they did move me to WL Boulder Ridge Villas. I am much happier staying somewhere that will offer QS.
Awesome!! Exactly what I did when it came to dining. I choose Jambo since it's the main building and has QS, it didn't sit right with me to be at Kidani when all my bf and I eat is QS, so I was happy when GS offered to move me elsewhere. Enjoy your trip!

This happened to @Tinkerbelle83 and we anxiously awaited her arrival. They had her name on a list at magical express and took her to Kidani.

Sort of off topic but since I can’t get through the phones.... does anyone know the room only hotel cancellation policy currently? We check in July 3rd and I am wondering when I have to decide. I thought it was 5 days but can’t find anything

Sort of off topic but since I can’t get through the phones.... does anyone know the room only hotel cancellation policy currently? We check in July 3rd and I am wondering when I have to decide. I thought it was 5 days but can’t find anything
From the Disney website:

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020.

Our TA finally got through! They offered her deluxe studio at Riviera and deluxe studio at AKL Kidani. I panicked! I chose Kidani. Taking our 2 special medical needs foster dudes so I though the Savannah view would be fun for them. Hope I chose ok! Too late now!

Good choice!
Thank you. I was really nervous! I was “hoping” for a 1 bdr at AKL Kidani ( both boys are in pack and plays, even though they are older for medical safety reasons) but I know that was a pipe dream. Lol. They live animals, so that’s what sealed the deal, the Savannah view. Plus, we can walk them around in their strollers and look at the animals. They love to go to the pool ( which was why we picked YC for SAB) they can’t stand independently, but the zero entry and shallow part there will be perfect for them to sit and play in!

Our TA finally got through! They offered her deluxe studio at Riviera and deluxe studio at AKL Kidani. I panicked! I chose Kidani. Taking our 2 special medical needs foster dudes so I though the Savannah view would be fun for them. Hope I chose ok! Too late now!
We loved our studio at Kidani last year! In the request section, put near elevators, the hallways are LONG and being close to the elevator is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter