Resort Hopping

correct.....Sept 2020, dec 2020, may 2021......last 3 trips have had no problem resort hopping by walking or using Disney transportation. Guards "may" turn you away in a car, but I did not try that, as the only time we drove to another resort we had ADR in place.

What if you are not staying at a Disney owned resort? We are at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek which is technically on property. Going in three weeks.

What if you are not staying at a Disney owned resort? We are at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek which is technically on property. Going in three weeks.

If you are driving, they usually require you to have a reservation of some sort for dining. Some resorts are stricter than others.

Using Disney transportation it’s not an issue. Some resorts currently limit ordering from certain restaurants to those staying there.

The problem with using Disney transportation is that it takes so darn long. And as far as having a confirmed reservation, what if you just want to go to a new resort for CS food? When we stayed at OKW, we used to drive over to POR to eat in their food court regularly, since Goods to Go is so limited. But we're not going to use up 1 1/2 hours each way for that. Hate to see that end.

Never had a problem visiting any Disney resort as long as we were staying on site. Just scan your MB and show your ID.

The problem with using Disney transportation is that it takes so darn long. And as far as having a confirmed reservation, what if you just want to go to a new resort for CS food? When we stayed at OKW, we used to drive over to POR to eat in their food court regularly, since Goods to Go is so limited. But we're not going to use up 1 1/2 hours each way for that. Hate to see that end.
Made it from Saratoga to Riviera via bus to HS and skyliner to RIV at about 7pm on a Friday. From the time we arrived the bus stop at SSR to getting off the skyliner took 32 minutes (timed it out of curiosity). Granted it wasn't a busy time, but wasn't bad for Disney transportation. We mobile ordered some food at Primo Piatto and had a nice dinner outside at one of the tables by the bocce ball court, so I'd assume getting food at POR shouldn't be a problem, but driving in may be dififcult.

POR might be one of the few where they'd let you drive and park at the resort since it's not a 'walkable' or 'Skyliner' resort. Most other resorts will not let you park if you're not a guest of the resort or have an ADR due to tight parking restrictions. Some folks like the convenience of parking at Beach Club in the morning, walking back after fireworks, and then driving to their own resort. Allowing that could eat up the parking for Beach Club guests very quickly. Using Disney transportation (or ride-share) eliminates the issue of non-guest parking.

I will say, the times we've been told we cannot park at a resort, if we use and pay for valet, they have let us in. But I think that's up to maybe $35 now? I think valet parking has returned again.....

We will drive to a resort if we have an ADR there.
Otherwise, they have really tightened up security and may not let you in to just look around, like they used to. This is very true at the Boardwalk area.
I would take a bus/skyliner/monorail to the resorts you want to visit. There is no hassle going in and looking around this way.

Never had a problem visiting any Disney resort as long as we were staying on site. Just scan your MB and show your ID.
Used to be but they’re really cracking down now - especially at DVC properties and ‘walkable’ to the park resorts

We drove over to POR just the over day while staying at RIV and we told the guard at the gate we were there to get beignets. He said welcome back and enjoy and let us right back n after scanning our MB so I don’t think it’s a problem to go there. They were just as yummy as ever!!

POR might be one of the few where they'd let you drive and park at the resort since it's not a 'walkable' or 'Skyliner' resort. Most other resorts will not let you park if you're not a guest of the resort or have an ADR due to tight parking restrictions. Some folks like the convenience of parking at Beach Club in the morning, walking back after fireworks, and then driving to their own resort. Allowing that could eat up the parking for Beach Club guests very quickly. Using Disney transportation (or ride-share) eliminates the issue of non-guest parking.

I will say, the times we've been told we cannot park at a resort, if we use and pay for valet, they have let us in. But I think that's up to maybe $35 now? I think valet parking has returned again.....
Using ride-share is not a guarantee. In October, we used Uber to go from OKW to Beach Club and we were turned away at the guard shack. We were going to walk through and enter Epcot through the IG because we needed to stop at Guest Services and activate our military tickets first. We had no intention of parking or utilizing any resort amenities, we were simply "passing through". The guard stopped our driver and made him turn around and exit. This was around 10am on a Wednesday.

(....we simply had our driver drop us off "next door" at the Swan and he dropped us off there at the front door without a problem. It was a much longer walk, but we had a lovely tour of the BW area and now my friend is actually planning a stay there for next year!)

Last edited:
Using ride-share is not a guarantee. In October, we used Uber to go from OKW to Beach Club and we were turned away at the guard shack. We were going to walk through and enter Epcot through the IG because we needed to stop at Guest Services and activate our military tickets first. We had no intention of parking or utilizing any resort amenities, we were simply "passing through". The guard stopped our driver and made him turn around and exit. This was around 10am on a Wednesday.
Even more strict at times than I realized. Seems like BC/YC and BLT are the strictest (although I don't have any actual data to back that up!). They would be the most convenient to walk.

We drove over to POR just the over day while staying at RIV and we told the guard at the gate we were there to get beignets. He said welcome back and enjoy and let us right back n after scanning our MB so I don’t think it’s a problem to go there. They were just as yummy as ever!!

Perfect! Thanks.

Even more strict at times than I realized. Seems like BC/YC and BLT are the strictest (although I don't have any actual data to back that up!). They would be the most convenient to walk.
Especially BLT. We have taken Uber's to MK several times, and each time the driver has gone into the Contemporary so we could get the walkway over to the park. The driver typically tells the security CM at the guard shack that we have a dining reservation, and a couple of times the driver has even told us before we drive up to answer "Yes" if the CM asks us to verify that story. I've heard that they are now checking reservations electronically now and you can't just tell them you're there to eat anymore.

Especially BLT. We have taken Uber's to MK several times, and each time the driver has gone into the Contemporary so we could get the walkway over to the park. The driver typically tells the security CM at the guard shack that we have a dining reservation, and a couple of times the driver has even told us before we drive up to answer "Yes" if the CM asks us to verify that story. I've heard that they are now checking reservations electronically now and you can't just tell them you're there to eat anymore.
Yes, we've definitely had our MBs scanned to verify a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter