Resort Housekeeping

But you're sort of paying to have it made for you. If they legit can't get someone into your room every day to do the housekeeping, they should make the rebate gift card standard issue upon arrival.

You're getting a more intensive cleaning before your arrival to make up for the scaled down cleaning during your stay. Honestly, do you really want someone in your room every day all up in your bed during a pandemic?

But you're sort of paying to have it made for you. If they legit can't get someone into your room every day to do the housekeeping, they should make the rebate gift card standard issue upon arrival.
But should they then add a charge or increase the nightly rate for the additional cleaning they must do in public areas and individual wrapping of supplies for in-room? It’s probably a wash. By putting info out now about what to expect, guests can decide if that is acceptable for their needs/preferences.

You're getting a more intensive cleaning before your arrival to make up for the scaled down cleaning during your stay. Honestly, do you really want someone in your room every day all up in your bed during a pandemic?
Not necessarily. But I would expect a rebate. And seriously. They should have been doing an intense cleaning before arrival already. Yuck.

I have my doubts this will ever go back to daily cleaning.

When we travel, Disney or otherwise, we typically don't have housekeeping come in every day anyway. Usually just when we run out of towels or when we feel the bathroom needs cleaning. Maybe I'm the only nutcase who prefers not to have a stranger in my room when I'm not. To clarify I'm not worried about housekeeping stealing anything of mine that isn't locked up. It's the part of cruising I don't like because they are in your cabin 2x a day! ;)

Regarding the security check: I remember Len Testa was staying in the Poly Bungalows. On the day he was checking out, housekeeping was performing their "security check" at 9am to find out when he would be vacating the room. Kind of crummy IMO.

When you charge $500 to $1000 + a night for a room. You expect daily housekeeping. Do you think if a real important person was staying at the GF. Paying $2000 for a suite. They would be told. You are only getting “ light” housekeeping. No room service food. ??

I just noticed something on the app. The option to decline housekeeping in return for the gift card had disappeared for a while. Well, now the option is back up but with no mention of the gift card. Darn ... I was looking forward to spending that money on Mickey bars :(

Personally, if I’m paying $500+ a night for a hotel room rather than a timeshare (paid that for timeshare so understood upfront no daily maids, but in a villa that’s fine), I would want daily maid service to make my beds, replace towels and toiletries, and vacuum (which unfortunately some places don’t daily). I’ve even done DVC rentals where I paid extra for it. I don’t think that’s out of the ordinary or “entitled”; I rarely pay more than $200 a night and save up for those trips. It is the new reality I guess, but I’m glad my only upcoming trip is a timeshare for 2 weeks end of September, using my leftover MVC points for the year.

$2500/night just doesn't buy what it used to!
Heck, no! In 1853, it would have bought a whole house in Brooklyn! https://247wallst.com/investing/201...-what-things-cost-in-america-1776-to-today/2/
When you charge $500 to $1000 + a night for a room. You expect daily housekeeping. Do you think if a real important person was staying at the GF. Paying $2000 for a suite. They would be told. You are only getting “ light” housekeeping. No room service food. ??
No idea on the housekeeping but since no resorts are providing (geared up for, staffing, ordering for) room service, yes, guests will be told "no".

When we evacuated from the coast last Sept and stayed at GDT, there was no housekeeping. They had someone on staff in case you needed something. Did not hear anyone complain and the place was full. Not an issue for us, we usually make our own beds and remove trash anyway.

I “hope” random security checks would continue in room locations that have prime view of probable target areas.
I’m not mentioning just Disney property but locations worldwide that intelligent security would be most aware of. So I am guessing a room with a view might be checked specifically.
Just another thought but the skyliner nearest Speedway Gasoline Station at the turn near Boardwalk always makes me nervous!
I’ve probably seen to many movies with huge explosions but if my skyliner ever gets stuck near Speedway ...

If I'm going to the parks with thousands of people, a single person wearing a mask, using cleaning products does not worry me. If they're going to cut services to my room, I shouldn't be paying full price or I should at least continue to get the gift cards they've been giving for years. There are some changes they're making that don't have a thing to do with safety. Cutting out daily housekeeping is one of them. It's a money saver. That's it.

Oh my lord, you should see the whining and moaning about this on facebook. It isn't a good look for the entitled people complaining. :rolleyes2
How is complaining about losing a service you are paying for yet still paying for it, entitled? My room was upwards of $800 a night. "I'll live" is not the bar I set for what I should or should not expect.

Last edited:
How much you want to bet the NBA players are getting daily maid service? I'll bet my AP that they won't be expected to take care of making their own beds, putting away towels and emptying their trash cans if they get filled up.

How is complaining about losing a service you are paying for yet still paying for it, entitled? My room was upwards of $800 a night. "I'll live" is not the bar I set for what I should or should not expect.
People knew there would be changes made across the board when Disney reopened. People insisting strangers enter their room every single day to repeatedly touch their linens during a pandemic that hasn't gone away, is bizarre. With new cleaning protocols in place, there is no way housekeeping can service every room daily.

If people are unhappy with the change, they were given plenty of notice to cancel or stay somewhere else.

If people are unhappy with the change, they were given plenty of notice to cancel or stay somewhere else.

Could we just get a sticky at the top of the page saying "If you don't like it, you don't have to go?" Then maybe people could just stop saying it. It is not news that you are not required to go to WDW. It's bizarre to me that anyone thinks saying that is revealing something unknown to anyone. I also think it's bizarre that people would be comfortable mingling with thousands of people from all over the country for 8-12 hrs a day, yet object to a single person being in their room cleaning for 15 minutes. Weird. But if they did, they could always opt out of housecleaning and let those who want the get the services they paid for done. After all, you don't have to use it if you don't like it. You won't get the gift card anymore, but what the heck, no big deal.

But here we go with the answer to that: If a business does something I think is wrong, I can choose to accept it or not give my money to them. If I choose not to accept, I can also complain about it and let others know what my experience is, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Could we just get a sticky at the top of the page saying "If you don't like it, you don't have to go?" That maybe people could just stop saying it. It is not news that you are not required to go to WDW. It's bizarre to me that anyone thinks saying that is revealing something unknown to anyone.

But here we go with the answer to that: If a business does something I think is wrong, I can choose to accept it or not give my money to them. If I choose not to accept, I can also complain about it and let others know what my experience is, and that's exactly what I'm doing.
Yes, we know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter