Review of the Kona Cafe

Thanks for pointing it out - I sometimes/usually lump coffee shops and kiosks together with counter service in my head! :)

I think deetman was pointing out that Coral Isle Cafe was a coffee shop in the traditional meaning of the word....a very casual restaurant that served meals all day long. It occupied the same space that Kona does now. In fact, the breakfast menu is very similar as I recall. It now offers Kona coffee and no longer serves pink leilanis:( but otherwise breakfast is pretty much as it was.

Not coffee shop a la Starbucks!:D

Oh, ok, thanks for the help, both of you. I'm not always clear on all of the history :/

What's a pink leilani?

Pink leilanis were made with pureed strawberries, oj, a little grenadine and crushed ice. They were great...refreshing and very pretty. Not as heavy as smoothies.

Loved reading your review, as I always do! You should think about putting together a book! There aren't any that give indepth reviews of meals for Disney (that I have ever seen!). I keep putting your reviews into documents for me to have to refer back to! Thanks so much for taking the time to post pictures and write such awesome reviews!

Great review as always! One of these days you should try Boatwrights for breakfast and compare their breakfast calabash to Kona's. I sampled my DH and the cheese sauce seemed thick, but it was our first calabash experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter