Reviews from our stay 9-15 thru 9-19

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
DH, DD (11), DS (9), and myself.

SIT-DOWN MEALS:

Wed. night - GRAND FLORIDIAN CAFE. I had the Signature Sandwich which was a delicious club made with brown sugar turkey and sundried tomatoes. DH had steak, he said very good. DD had the main dish caesar salad which came without meat, although the menu said served with chicken or shrimp. She didn't specify, so they brought her a plain one, she said it was very good. DS had chicken fingers (at this, and just about every other meal!). The best part of the meal was the small sampler sizede desserts. Just right! We tried the Tiramasu, the key Lime Tart and the Chocolate Mousse cake. Service: A, Food: B

Thursday lunch - SAN ANGEL INN. This was a pleasant surprise! Seems Dissers either love it or hate it. Add us into the 'love it' pile. I had the Plato Mexicano, all different things like a spicy steak soft taco, a shredded chicken burrito, and a vegeatable quesadilla. DH ordered the steak (you'll see a trend here. LOL!), that came with the shredded chicken burrito, and refried beans. DD had the soft shell beef tacos which she loved (not too spicy for her). DS, chicken fingers! All meals came with a tasty guacomola. Maybe I liked this so much because of the Frozen Margarita I had that was as big as my foot! And the setting is just beautiful. Service A, Food A

Fri. breakfast - 'OHANA. Gotta love that pineapple bread! Skillet had small Mickey head waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, country biscuits. A small bowl of fruit was served with the pineapple bread. Character interaction was excellent. Our server was gone for a long time. We were going to ask for more bread and bacon, but decided to head out. Service B minus, Food B minus

Fri. night - NARCOOSSEE'S. Simply wonderful! We were seated in the very first booth so we couldn't see the fireworks, but DD and I went out to the deck to watch them (making sure not to block those sitting in the restaurant!). I had the Roasted Red Snapper, which came with zucchini strips and seasoned corn. It just melted in your mouth! DH ordered the filet with 'oscar' on the side, which was a crab dish. I think it came with potatoes. DD just felt like buttered pasta, and DS had (*sigh*) chicken fingers. I had the almond-crusted cheesecake for dessert, DS had a brownie sundae, DH had vanilla ice cream, and DD had the berry pyramid with sorbet. Service A, Food A plus.

COUNTER SERVICE MEALS:

Casey's - MK: Awesome hot dogs and corn dog nuggets.
Pizza Planet - MGM: Very good pizza, thick crust style.
Columbia Harbour House - MK: We love that tuna sandwich (although I hate the chips they serve with it, they're like broken glass!).
Yakatori House - Epcot: We love the Tonosama Combo plate and DD loves the Udon soup. DS just likes the chop sticks!
Lottawatta Lodge - Blizzard Beach: Food only passable here, but you're so hungry from all the swimming (or in my case, floating) it's fine. We all had the chicken wrap sandwich which came with Lays potato chips (yeah!).

It wasn't until we were flying out that I realized we didn't have one Mickey bar or one Dole Whip!

Thanks for the wonderful reviews! :D I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a Mickey Bar or (my favorite) a Dole Whip though. It sounds like you'll just have to go back! ;)

DW and I like the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbor House too, but we were able to substitute carrots for the chips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter