Ride Accessibility Program (RAP)

eticketplease

DIS Veteran
Is SeaWorld like Disney where I can just inform cast what is going on and then they can ask the individual needing assistance for clarification.

We were able to do that at Universal but now they seem to be wanting a note from a doctor.

It is not a problem if a note is required, I just would need to know if it is ok to show from my phone though the online medical record or if something would need to printed.

Regardless if documentation is or is not required, is it possible to do so in advance?

Both U & SW now participate in the IBCCES system.

basically, you apply to IBCCES, indicating which parks you plan on visiting. after you indicate your specific needs and share basic confirming info with them, you will receive a number.

you then contact the specific park.

Universal, will get back to you to discuss by phone pre visit. Note that many have reported here that they are quite disgruntled. Turns out even tho they did receive an IBCCES card; they weren’t approved for any accommodation at Universal that they were granted in the past. Others, were surprised when it was determined they were eligible for a higher level of assistance.

Last I heard SW, YMMV, SW is accepting the IBCCES card you will receive online, at their GS inside the park. They then extend a paper copy that lists the rides and attractions to which you need to get return times assigned.

many are complaining here of the process changing. However, once you do receive an IBCCES card, it appears to be a simple process to recertify it each year.

https://accessibilitycard.org/

the disability thread on these boards has an extensive sticky on IBCCES and many other threads asking specific questions.

General info on SW disability options:

https://seaworld.com/orlando/-/medi...hash=D904CE701376D005B15A41B79CC88687D858D348

Both U & SW now participate in the IBCCES system.

basically, you apply to IBCCES, indicating which parks you plan on visiting. after you indicate your specific needs and share basic confirming info with them, you will receive a number.

you then contact the specific park.

Universal, will get back to you to discuss by phone pre visit. Note that many have reported here that they are quite disgruntled. Turns out even tho they did receive an IBCCES card; they weren’t approved for any accommodation at Universal that they were granted in the past. Others, were surprised when it was determined they were eligible for a higher level of assistance.

Last I heard SW, YMMV, SW is accepting the IBCCES card you will receive online, at their GS inside the park. They then extend a paper copy that lists the rides and attractions to which you need to get return times assigned.

many are complaining here of the process changing. However, once you do receive an IBCCES card, it appears to be a simple process to recertify it each year.

https://accessibilitycard.org/

the disability thread on these boards has an extensive sticky on IBCCES and many other threads asking specific questions.

General info on SW disability options:

https://seaworld.com/orlando/-/medi...hash=D904CE701376D005B15A41B79CC88687D858D348
Thank you.

I had read the whole document before posting but it does not spell out if you needed anything with you or just inform the cast member of the situation.

"The following procedures will be of assistance when utilizing our Ride Accessibility Program throughout the
park:
1. Please enroll in our Ride Accessibility Program at the Guest Services counter where you will receive a
list of the rides and attractions and the requirements for riding and enjoying each. Once you have
enrolled in the RAP, you will be able to utilize our Special Access program.
2. Proceed to the ride entrance of the respective attraction with your RAP sheet and request a boarding
time from the entrance ambassador. "

If they did require documentation I wasn't sure if I could just show it on my phone or needed to bring physical paperwork.

Unfortunately the groupon for sea world has gone up now so we will be passing for now but maybe next trip we will be able to take advantage of it.

Thanks for pointing me to the IBCCES hopefully that will work when we attempt again!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter