RideMax Users Thread (FAQs Linked in First Post!)

In addition to what Michelle said, there is a "Discovery Island Trails" in the RideMax list of available attractions, which is intended to cover the area around the Tree of Life.

I just got a subscription so may not have figured out all the tricks yet. Trying to figure out how to use Ridemax and schedule in participating in Jedi Training Academy. If I include JTA as an activity I want to do, it seems to slot it into an available time period, more as an observer than as a plan to participate. Am I doing something wrong or is the system not set up for this?
Thanks.

I just got a subscription so may not have figured out all the tricks yet. Trying to figure out how to use Ridemax and schedule in participating in Jedi Training Academy. If I include JTA as an activity I want to do, it seems to slot it into an available time period, more as an observer than as a plan to participate. Am I doing something wrong or is the system not set up for this?
Thanks.

Because particpation is random/unknown until you are there it is best to run RM with a few different time options. To sign up for JTA you should arrive before Rope Drop and dash quickly to Sounds Dangerous or wherever the CM at the gate tells you the sign up is occurring - it has changed over the months I have followed it. (March was at SD)

Once you get a time, you need to arrive back about 30-minutes prior to your scheduled time near or at Sounds Dangerous for a tutorial-heard the cats.

So for RM itins I do this:
I dont select a JTA show - Instead I put it as a break in that area for the whole time and label JTA (as opposed to Lunch). So since we planned to arrive for RD I ran itineraries with the first couple show times. For the 11AM show the break began at 10:30 in that area and finished at 11:35 in that area - to allow time for congrats/pics/etc before moving on to the next ride.

Wondering how Ridemax is doing now with the changes to the Fastpass system.. Any users out there who have had recent trips got feed back??

We were at WDW May 9-16, and used ridemax mostly for MK. It worked fine for both our evening visits and morning visits.

We did notice that we had to spend a lot of time watching the clock. The most FAQ was "what time is it?"

The crowd levels were around a 4-6 that week. It would be interesting to hear how the plans work on really jammed days.

Probably June 15 give or take a day or 2, dates are typically released 6 weeks before the beginning of the month in question.

They're very good at responding to emails so if you send the an email they'll probably send you one notifying you when they've posted the new dates.

Have fun playing with Ridemax and planning your trip!

I am wondering if it is taking longer to post August because they are needing to make changes to the program to correct issues cause by the enforcement of the fastpass rules. I am waiting for September so I hope they get August posted before I am hoping they would have September up.

I am wondering if it is taking longer to post August because they are needing to make changes to the program to correct issues cause by the enforcement of the fastpass rules. I am waiting for September so I hope they get August posted before I am hoping they would have September up.

I emailed and asked. He said August should be up this week. They have been busy with DL Carland touring plans.:eek:

Wondering how Ridemax is doing now with the changes to the Fastpass system.. Any users out there who have had recent trips got feed back??

I'd like to know too. I have used ridemax on each of our last 6 trips and I don't feel right of we don't have the plans. I haven't been there since last August so I am wondering what it's like now with the new FP rules. Any input would be appreciated :)

See my reply a few posts up about ridemax and the new Fp enforcement.

We also used plans at AK, and they were ok, except we saw for the first time FP lines that were longer than the stand-by at safari.

I'm a big Ridemax fan but I decided not to use it this trip. I ordered it but kept waiting and waiting for Aug hours.

Then I realized that the only park we would use it would be at MK - the others are a no brainer for planning based on our ride choices. We're planning 2d at MK so we'll see and do what we want without going commando. :wizard:

mwerner2 said:
See my reply a few posts up about ridemax and the new Fp enforcement.

We also used plans at AK, and they were ok, except we saw for the first time FP lines that were longer than the stand-by at safari.

The RM plans over spring break did not work as well in mk. Lots of criss crossing and close calls with times. It was insanely busy comp to our other SB trips tho. And enforcement was new. I really dislike enforcement. Too much crossing the park.

Just wanted to let everyone know Ridemax now has Dec dates up and has now included the FLE into the program :) starting Dec 6 with BOG open for Nov 19

Forgive me; I haven't read the whole thread. We are going in January and I understand Ridemax won't have those dates up for a while. Do you think I could purchase now and do some "what-ifs" looking at days, say in December, with similar crowd levels as those when we'll be there?

Forgive me; I haven't read the whole thread. We are going in January and I understand Ridemax won't have those dates up for a while. Do you think I could purchase now and do some "what-ifs" looking at days, say in December, with similar crowd levels as those when we'll be there?

I myself have a hard time waiting and would buy early just cause...

But really waiting is just fine Jan dates will be up mid Nov if you can wait that long to play with the program.

Here's hoping the DL version will get updated soon. It's trickier with DL since they only announce their schedule 6 weeks in advance, but the RM software seems to be regularly 2-3 weeks behind the DL schedule so leaves less time for advance planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter