RideMax Users Thread (FAQs Linked in First Post!)

Couple of questions.

I just bought Ridemax but haven't donwloaded it. I don't know if it will let me install it on my work PC and then again on my home PC. I'd also like to use it with my wife's iphone but that won't be until closer to our arrival date (Late May).

I'm thinking I bought the software too soon. I saw it lasts for 90 days but that doesn't mean I can view up to 90 days right now, right? People are saying the months data doesn't come out until ~45 days before the month starts???? :confused3

It is true that you will not be able to work with your dates until about 6 weeks before your trip. However, your subscription does expire 90 days from date of purchase, so if these 2 do not mesh, you need to contact them and work it out. I believe they are easy to work with. When I used them 2 years ago, there was a rule about downloading it on multiple computers, but I don't remember the rule now. Also, back then phones weren't using all the apps and stuff, so I'm sure he's accounted for that now. I would email and ask. He'll get you set up!

Thanks. I did send an email earlier about putting it on more than one PC. I didn't figure the "90" day deal out until after I sent the email. I have been waiting to purchase/downlaod it because I didn't want it to expire before we go (or during our trip). I wanted to go ahead and start planning but then I just now read that May's data isn't in there yet.

Thanks. I did send an email earlier about putting it on more than one PC. I didn't figure the "90" day deal out until after I sent the email. I have been waiting to purchase/downlaod it because I didn't want it to expire before we go (or during our trip). I wanted to go ahead and start planning but then I just now read that May's data isn't in there yet.

A good rule of thumb is that around the 15th of the month, 2 months prior, dates are available. So for May, that would be around March 15th. For June, it would be April 15th. It isn't always the 15th, but usually mid-month.

Would you mind posting again and let us know the rule on how many computers you can download on?

Thanks!

When I used it last summer it could be downloaded to 2 computers and there was also a beta version of a web-based version that doesn't need to be downloaded, I remember just having to enter a login code provided when I paid. It had a few kinks, though, and I found the Windows version much easier to work with.

Now the site says "ALL subscriptions include access to the Windows,
Web (including Mac) and mobile versions of RideMax."

Sorry, forgot to update.

His response about usig it on 2 computers was

Yes, our license allows you to install RideMax on two computers, as long as you or the immediate members of your household
are the only persons using the program. Just use the same download instructions for both machines.

I replied and asked about the iphone but haven't heard a response. I assume it would use the "web based" version but not sure.

Wouldn't the iphone would use their "mobile version"?

I am SO not a fan of making ridemax plans without the late fastpass option!! It has me getting one FP for a whole freakin day at MK March 24.... and waiting in 30-plus minute lines which has never happened in my itineraries before.

I really wish that WDW would not change the late arrival policy but it sounds like that ship has sailed.

Anyone making plans for March who has some thoughts on making the best plans without late FP arrival? Advice is appreciated.

The RM blog made it sound like very little difference in waits, but I am finding it to be much diff than my typical experience planning a trip during 9 crowd levels.

Sydnerella's Mama

I am SO not a fan of making ridemax plans without the late fastpass option!! It has me getting one FP for a whole freakin day at MK March 24.... and waiting in 30-plus minute lines which has never happened in my itineraries before.

I really wish that WDW would not change the late arrival policy but it sounds like that ship has sailed.

Anyone making plans for March who has some thoughts on making the best plans without late FP arrival? Advice is appreciated.

The RM blog made it sound like very little difference in waits, but I am finding it to be much diff than my typical experience planning a trip during 9 crowd levels.

Sydnerella's Mama

I feel for you...
You will have to keep us posted on how it works once your there and in the park.... And how the new (not so fun) FP system is working ....

Sydnerella's Mama

I bet the reason for the big difference is that you are going during Spring Break and probably "10" days. Maybe the example they used was on slower days.

I bet the reason for the big difference is that you are going during Spring Break and probably "10" days. Maybe the example they used was on slower days.

Exactly, which makes for a weak comparison. I am not happy, but it is more abt disney than RM. Though I am not as confident in the programs predictions under fastpass use only during the window. How do they know wht my 1 hur wiindow will be, easier to predict when it mght begin. But fit the ride in after at anytime vs fit rides around a small specific .window. bummed!

Now I need help! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions but right now I'm wondering 2 things. On arrival day, we are getting to MK about 1. I want to grab a FP to see Mickey and make ears at Le chepeau. Then I was planning on the 2:15 Dream Along qith Mickey and 3:00 parade. No matter what I do, I can't get the 2:15 show. It always sends us to 1 after the parade.

Also, for Epcot or any day really, if you are ending your day with a meal, how do you put that in? For instance, 4:30 adr and then leaving. Do you just put your last ride time as what, shortly before the adr?

Thanks,
Megan

Under Plan options, you can pick the time of the show you want so it will build the plan around that (or tell you it can't be done)

Now I need help! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions but right now I'm wondering 2 things. On arrival day, we are getting to MK about 1. I want to grab a FP to see Mickey and make ears at Le chepeau. Then I was planning on the 2:15 Dream Along qith Mickey and 3:00 parade. No matter what I do, I can't get the 2:15 show. It always sends us to 1 after the parade.

Also, for Epcot or any day really, if you are ending your day with a meal, how do you put that in? For instance, 4:30 adr and then leaving. Do you just put your last ride time as what, shortly before the adr?

Thanks,
Megan

Re your ? abt Epcot - put your ADR time in for a break at the correct time and restuarant giving yourself an hour to eat or so. Put the time that you will get on your last ride during the middle of the ADR break that you have scheduled - the break should override the end time - and see if that works. If not play with a 4:15 PM end time - it wont let you get on a ride if your scheduled break cannot be made on time.

Sydnerella's Mama

ok, I'm having an odd problem. I did multilple plans for each park about a week ago. Our trip is in two weeks. I did multiple plans just in case we don't make it for rope drop, I wanted a back up plan for each park. I went back to my plans to rename them, so that I can easily tell them apart. To do this, I click on modify plan, then changed the name, then clicked on "make my plan", and several times, it comes back with "there are too many attractions to fit in the time alloted". A week ago, it worked just fine, with the same number of attractions, on the same days. All I wanted to do was rename the plans, and I did not add any attractions. What's going on?

Thanks,
Megan

Yea I know what you mean I have tried that several times and they just won't let it happen.... but I have to say from experience it is going to be real hard to arrive a 1 and make a 2:15 show on any day that is probably why the planner is giving you a hard time.... :)

-M

ok, I'm having an odd problem. I did multilple plans for each park about a week ago. Our trip is in two weeks. I did multiple plans just in case we don't make it for rope drop, I wanted a back up plan for each park. I went back to my plans to rename them, so that I can easily tell them apart. To do this, I click on modify plan, then changed the name, then clicked on "make my plan", and several times, it comes back with "there are too many attractions to fit in the time alloted". A week ago, it worked just fine, with the same number of attractions, on the same days. All I wanted to do was rename the plans, and I did not add any attractions. What's going on?

I have very little experience using it and lots of questions myself but the first thing that popped in my head was could the crowd level have increased so dramatically that wait times are increased to the point you can't fit them all in now? Dunno. Maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck.

Another suggestion: maybe shoot them an email. I just purchased it Friday, emailed a question Saturday and received same-day response.

Re your ? abt Epcot - put your ADR time in for a break at the correct time and restuarant giving yourself an hour to eat or so. Put the time that you will get on your last ride during the middle of the ADR break that you have scheduled - the break should override the end time - and see if that works. If not play with a 4:15 PM end time - it wont let you get on a ride if your scheduled break cannot be made on time.

Sydnerella's Mama

I put the last ride time in the middle of the ADR and that worked like a charm. Thanks!

Under Plan options, you can pick the time of the show you want so it will build the plan around that (or tell you it can't be done)

Thank you. I had only used the web version and that option doesn't appear to be on there. But I tried the software and was able to do it. Thanks again!
Megan

I know that the Ridemax subscription only lasts 90 days and I'm cutting it close. It's 91 days from now until the end of our vacation, including that last day. Should I wait to purchase? I'd like to play around with it tonight :)

I have very little experience using it and lots of questions myself but the first thing that popped in my head was could the crowd level have increased so dramatically that wait times are increased to the point you can't fit them all in now? Dunno. Maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck.

Another suggestion: maybe shoot them an email. I just purchased it Friday, emailed a question Saturday and received same-day response.

THanks. I'll try that. I'm not sure that the crowd level predictions have increased, since touring plans have not changed their levels much, but I'll find out. thanks for the e-mail tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter