RIP Citrus Swirl, end of an era at Magic Kingdom

Is there anywhere else on property that still sells the citrus swirl? It’s the DH and mines favorite frozen treat.

At stands throughout boardwalks at the Jersey shore, a company named Kohr’s sells soft serve that includes an orange flavor. You can get it all orange or orange/vanilla swirl.

Either way, it’s good, but it’s not comparable to the citrus swirl that was sold at MK. It is nowhere near as refreshing.

It’s really a shame that if they are discontinuing the real Citrus Swirl. It was a tasty and unique treat.

Last edited:
Hooray we were the trending post for The Daily Fix on Monday!

Pete, however, is not a fan of the citrus swirl.

Returning in May after a 4 year hiatus.... so where are the Dole whips sold now in MK? I think when I was last there was before Skipper Canteen construction. thanks.

I tried a Citrus Swirl for the first time last year and found it way too tart. I was expecting it to have more of a creamsicle-like flavor profile so I didn't really care for it.

After trying the goodness of a Dole Whip for the first time, I also had my first and last Citrus Swirl. That "From Concentrate" bitter orange flavor should be against the law in Florida.

Same place as always, Aloha Isle.
But, the Aloha Isle is now adjacent to the Tiki Birds where Sunshine Tree Terrace used to be and Sunshine Tree Terrace is now where Aloha Isle was originally located. They swapped locations back in 2015.

pBrYA7V.jpg

(This cracks me up!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter