READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so interesting because we got there about 30 min earlier and we were off SDD by 7:30. We also booked all early FP+ and had pretty much done the whole park by noon. The crowds were large and the lines during EMH (75min for SDD) were crazy- but the planning and advice from these board helped A LOT! I felt I knew what to expect and had a great day. (We got a nap too- which I think really helped my 10 and 14yr old boys- lol!)
Now I get to try EMH/RD for animal kingdom and the FOP crazy tomorrow! Hoping for as good of luck.
I am so grateful I got a fastpass for FOP (even though it's for 7pm) for my trip in February. At least I know, barring technical issues, I should get to ride it, and don't need to worry about RD or anything. That's one less worry.

Sayhello

Tonight's edition proudly presented by...The Muppets!
poe36.gif

Now here's Sam Eagle to introduce what you've all been waiting for:
View attachment 466493

View attachment 466495

Now back to your regularly scheduled list of questions:
- Which is better, Wi-Fi or Data?
- Does everybody need to be at the park to join a BG?
- Does the ride operate during EMHs?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I can’t express how much I love this and the chart. Thank you!

I’m so grateful for this thread!!! With lots of planning and lots of luck we had a fantastic day. (Today - technically yesterday as it’s after midnight)
5:55-ish at Riviera bus stop
6:17 on bus
At park, stayed to the right after bag check - teens commented that we’d found the “soft spot” in line because we were moving way faster they others
6:36 in park
Headed to sunset to rope drop RNRC
Party of 10, everyone trying using various methods
I stood up on the curb, not too crowded around me, Verizon data. I had the app open before 7 but waited until 5 seconds after 7 (shortly after announcement) and then clicked Find Out More
Join Boarding Group was red
Boarding Group 19!!!!
I told the rest of my group that I got it and it was so eerie because nobody else was talking- but slowly the cheers started moving through the crowd - such a cool experience
Ride went down, stuck on 18 for a while- we had 19 and got in line as soon as the line opened up, we got lucky with the timing as we were just walking by
Once bands were scanned we did not stop walking until the experience started
THANK YOU to all for such a fun, informative thread!!!

It’s almost 1am, but I have to share my experience, this board is awesome and I can’t express my appreciation 😊. So here goes! Sunday MLK weekend...
* left AS.Sports room at 5:30am, just 2 adults, 2 kids
* after getting coffee, snack etc, called an Uber. This is where we just kinda assumed the worst case scenario. We get bounced from driver to driver, everyone is about 20 mins away, once they are 7 mins away, another driver gets assigned. By 6:15, we are still at the resort! Not sure if the bus will be better or still stick with it. We already paid for the ride share, so we stick with it. Finally someone comes and we are off
*dropped off at 6:20
*LOTS of people there, we had bags, but got through security and stayed right for the magic band tapstiles (no fingerprints)
* inside the park at 6:26
* by now I figured rope dropping and popular ride is a bust, but we decided to just be a lemming and head to GE side. We might as well see how it goes and who knows what/ where we will be for boarding group.
* we wait patiently- I had my husband run through “drills” on the app a few days ago! I’m the main app user so he had a learning curve!
* 6: 45, we turn off WiFi - side note it was extremely spotty anyway. We were standing near the frozen singalong theater. Lots of people in front, we couldn’t see the front of the rope line. Even more people behind us! We both launched the app to check our location to ensure the system knows we are in the park
* 6:55, we split responsibilities, he will hit my status and keep refreshing, I will toggle back and forth on home screen and find out more screen.... I did tell him to keep going if someone in our group doesn’t show up as “in the park”, and also told him that if you get the “processing circle”, go back to reload..
* oh, we both have Samsung galaxy s9 plus, on Verizon data
* announcement comes, I ignore and at 7am, we get to work, I’m toggling and my husband for the circle, he didn’t go back but closed the app completely and relaunched!
* He got in immediately- BG 10!!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. We kinda just stood there in shock.. of course mr novice gets it while I’ve scoured this board for weeks 😂
* at 7:06 they were doing backup groups!
* we decided to just stay with the pack and got in line for MFSR. Out BG got called at 7:18am. By then we were deep in the MFSR line. We decided to stay in line, it was good we did. After the ride, we went to RotR. No delays, we had completed both rides by 9am.

it was a surprise cause when we didn’t get to the park before 6:15, I just assumed the main rides weren’t going to happen and RotR is just luck etc.
the ride was great, I felt there was a lag in calling the BGs, so maybe I missed a part of the ride? Honestly don’t know. The kids want to try again later this week, will report how that goes. I think I was in shock we were actually there to be able to process the ride!
Anyways, hope this helped!
cheers, zia

Tonight's edition proudly presented by...The Muppets!

Now here's Sam Eagle to introduce what you've all been waiting for:

View attachment 466495

Now back to your regularly scheduled list of questions:
- Which is better, Wi-Fi or Data?
- Does everybody need to be at the park to join a BG?
- Does the ride operate during EMHs?

Seriously awesome....thank you! :)

I find it funny so many people complained that HS was opening too early and now that it’s possibly going to open later now the complaints are it will be too crowded 😂😂

We are going on 2/6 and I'm still hoping for the 9am opening. I'm an early bird at home and I will wake up by 6am naturally on vacation, but we are at Ft Wilderness and I like to cook breakfast at the camper. So that would be nice if we don't have to drive over until about 8am and could still do a leisurely breakfast first.

When people say, “the announcement came at 7”, what are they talking about? Meaning at HS, there is an audible announcement that the park is open, etc? Or is there an “announcement “ on your APP?

When people say, “the announcement came at 7”, what are they talking about? Meaning at HS, there is an audible announcement that the park is open, etc? Or is there an “announcement “ on your APP?

It’s an audible announcement throughout the park. Surprisingly loud from my experience, at least where we were on Sunset Blvd.

Left Disney Springs resort at 6:35 via Lyft, someone didn't want to get up today.

Got to HS about 6:50. DH went bag check, kids and I did no bag. Son got held up tapping in, partly due to the person in front of us. Took him 4 attempts and I had them double check he was in.

By 6:59 we were walking toward the intersection.

Announcement about something at 7, took a few seconds beyond for my app to be ready. Happy to be BG 23 when I thought for sure we should just give up since we'd be in a back up group.

It’s an audible announcement throughout the park. Surprisingly loud from my experience, at least where we were on Sunset Blvd.

it actually reminds me of Hunger Games and the reaping day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter