Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With talking about reliability, let’s not forget that Indy doesn’t have a stellar record yet we love it none the less. Additionally, on a trip back in Feb of last year, POTC was down for nearly the whole week and that’s been one of the most reliable rides over the years.

We are 3 days into a ride that is as cutting edge as it gets. There are bound to be growing pains. I was caught in the queue for the 2nd breakdown and enjoyed an hour relaxing before the line moved again. I’m ok with that. I would have preferred that it not breakdown, but in the end, I got to ride it today before having to get back on a plane to Seattle, so I’m grateful and happy, not upset.

RSR had its fast pass rushes in the beginning. Star Tours had the longest line ever at opening. This is just how it is at first. Couple years from now, it’ll all normalize and people will be looking to the next big thing.

At some point, you have to wonder if they will just scrap the trackless vehicles and carve a track into the darn thing.

The tech behind this ride is clearly not ready for prime time.

Okay maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re getting at here but trackless ride vehicles have been around a lot longer then ROTR. TokyoDisney and Hong Kong Disney both have well loved trackless rides. This really isn’t a new system. New to US Disney yes. New overall? No

Admittedly I don’t know how opening for those went. But point is I don’t think they’ll be abandoning trackless

At some point, you have to wonder if they will just scrap the trackless vehicles and carve a track into the darn thing.

The tech behind this ride is clearly not ready for prime time.

Trackless has been done for a while in the overseas parks.

Without getting into detail because of spoilers, I’ve gotten the impression the issue is getting all the moving parts and different systems to work at the same time?

The ride's reliability is a complete and utter disaster. I agree with some insiders who believe that it will be a recurring issue for the duration of this attraction. I am beginning to doubt whether they will ever be able to operate it like a regular attraction, since it seems like there is no rhyme or reason to when or how many times it's going to crash each day. Every time there appears to be some improvement at WDW, there's a horrible day where the ride takes two steps back, and after 6 weeks of operation, the improvement in getting more people through is minimal.
We don't know that really. There was an anecdotal CM report today in this thread that most of the problems so far have been caused by guests. This sounds a lot like RSR did at first, which also had a lot of guest related problems as I recall.

At what time did they stop taking BG yesterday? 8pm? I'm group 80 and I'm not liking my chances

Im not sure about yesterday but WDW never keeps them open until closing it feels like. I think usually it’s around two hours before? So if that’s accurate they’ve still got a few more hours to 10. Good luck. Hope you get called

Okay maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re getting at here but trackless ride vehicles have been around a lot longer then ROTR. TokyoDisney and Hong Kong Disney both have well loved trackless rides. This really isn’t a new system. New to US Disney yes. New overall? No

Admittedly I don’t know how opening for those went. But point is I don’t think they’ll be abandoning trackless

This trackless system is not the same one in use at the other, existing Disney trackless rides.

Imagineering essentially outsourced the trackless tech for this ride. An outside company provided it. This is why there have been SO many issues getting all the systems/sensors to synch up.

This trackless system is not the same one in use at the other, existing Disney trackless rides.

Imagineering essentially outsourced the trackless tech for this ride. An outside company provided it. This is why there have been SO many issues getting all the systems/sensors to synch up.
It’s very similar. Technically, the trackless rides in Tokyo aren’t Disney either as those parks are owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company.

My understanding was that they outsourced the previous trackless ride systems to one company who had experience doing it and decided to do it in house this time and it bit them in the ***.

Trackless has been done for a while in the overseas parks.

Without getting into detail because of spoilers, I’ve gotten the impression the issue is getting all the moving parts and different systems to work at the same time?

From what I understand a lot of this ride requires the internet to be functioning at minimal levels. I have some friends of friends with knowledge and they said that the main reason WDW opened first was because they had less internet issues. DL has spotty internet as we all know and evidently that plays a part in ride functionality. I dont know anything myself, I am just parroting what someone said to me so it is 2nd or 3rd hand hearsay.

I vaguely recall rumors about Disney having a dispute with the company that did those trackless rides and then parting ways right as ROTR was about to get off the drawing board so Disney had to make their own?...

Considering how awesome they are at IT this a total shock they would have trouble building a trackless ride system and software from scratch. /s

I’m kinda surprised at some of the negativity in this thread. i much prefer disboards to other unarmed forums because it usually airs on the positive side.

the ride is complex. Ground breaking. Yeah so maybe it’s reliability is never super stellar and that’s exactly why they use the BGs.

I would much rather have spend my day enjoying disneyland and not getting to ride ROR due to downtime instead of spending hours in a line and not getting to ride ROR.

From what I understand a lot of this ride requires the internet to be functioning at minimal levels. I have some friends of friends with knowledge and they said that the main reason WDW opened first was because they had less internet issues. DL has spotty internet as we all know and evidently that plays a part in ride functionality. I dont know anything myself, I am just parroting what someone said to me so it is 2nd or 3rd hand hearsay.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry if that’s true. A cutting edge, never before done attraction being hindered by poor internet connection 😂.

My understanding was that they outsourced the previous trackless ride systems to one company who had experience doing it and decided to do it in house this time and it bit them in the ***.

That could be it. I may have misunderstood.

I have also been hearing that interference from guests cell phones is causing issues. That they are considering asking guests to put their phones into airplane mode while riding. Apparently, they were doing this during the media previews since they knew those media guests would comply with any requests made of them. And it worked better.

Oh boy. Going to try to go with my friend tomorrow morning for his b-day. But i'm worried about being trapped in that line for a couple hours like I've seen some people above mention. My friend suffers with pretty bad anxiety and I am not sure how well he will hold up for a long period of waiting like that. Probably would have to leave the BG line in that case. Oh well, might not even get in a BG so it may not even be a concern in the end. ;)

So many the cup is half empty types around here. Disney is working on it. Things will be fine. Patience.
Disney has been working on "it" for the last year. They even delayed opening by several months. Disney has been working on "it" at WDW since the 1st week of December, with little to no improvement. I wonder sincerely whether things will be fine anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter