Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was able to get a boarding group both days we were in the park, last Saturday and Monday, thanks to this thread!
Saturday park opened at 8:00am, got Boarding Group 42! Rode around 12:15
Monday park opened at 9:00am, got Boarding Group 2! Rode around 10:00am (because we chose to go ride Space Mountain first)

I just received a message saying to be there by 7:04. Does it mean I should be there AT 7:04 or be there until 7:04? English is not my first language.

Hopefully not for much longer. Full restart seems to take 90 minutes. It's been down for about 1:15 or so as I write this.
I just enter and am waiting in the line just before entering the building. Do you know how long until the ride.?

I just enter and am waiting in the line just before entering the building. Do you know how long until the ride.?
How much longer before it starts? I couldn't say, but in the past 90 minutes down time is not unusual. It has been as long as 2 hours though. It could be any time now. Or it could be another 30 minutes or so.

Has there been a day yet with fewer than 2 breakdowns? I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing that they have not been able to go more than 8 hours without a breakdown. I really would like to be a glass half full kind of guy in terms of my opinion of this ride, but so far it has given me zero reason to think that's ever going to be the case.

If you're looking to get on ROTR, and don't mind spending the whole day with off and on showers, Sunday is the day to go. Between the rain and Academy Awards later in the afternoon, it is going to be a whole lot easier to get into a boarding group, and ultimately on the ride. Dependent of course upon how reliable the ride operation is, I don't know if the weather will play a role in how often it breaks down, not to mention that Sundays have thus far been a bit of a disaster day in terms of the ride having lots of issues.

It doesn't look like the storm is going to be a major one, but it does appear that there will be showers, sometimes heavy, from 6 AM to 6 PM, which pretty much means any attractions that get shut when it rains (aka RSR), will be down the entire day. As an AP, I admit, I'm spoiled, in unless I have no choice, I have no interest in dealing with the rain and limitations it will bring. Knowing my body, I'd wake up Monday morning with a cold, and I'd rather play hooky from work, and spend the day at Disneyland as opposed to in bed.

Our BG 24 started boarding at 9:09am. We had 2 hours to board. We got in line about 20 min later. Line went smoothly. Took about 20 min in line to get to the attraction. It was incredible! Really amazing.

I was with my sister @sarajoy, our sister and mom. My Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown Tracfone scored the BG in front of Plaza Inn. Many people in the crowd went past us when the rope dropped at 7:50am but we decided to stay put where our signal was good and focus on the BG. It was cool yet nerve wracking to see many other groups around us focused on their phones, prepping to get a BG. I closed all apps on my phone. Opened DL app about 7:55 am. My sister counted down the last 20 seconds for us and I clicked Find Out More about 1 second before. Gray button so clicked My Status. Got Red Join Boarding Group button from there. What an emotional adrenaline rush!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter