Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

We were 5 hours late to Rise one day and they let us in. A couple hours late a couple other days and they let us in. We realized it was better to ride other rides early in the morning when lines were short then head to rise for our early/already-called boarding group late morning.

I should mention that if lots of MK holders start grabbing boarding groups at 7am and then using them really late, they may change the policy. It'll throw off the line if it becomes a big enough percentage of BG holders.

We'll be trying that same tactic sometimes, I'm sure, since it's the only way to ride if you're arriving later in the day... but I'm prepared for them to close the loophole on that if lines are getting crazy later in the day.

I should mention that if lots of MK holders start grabbing boarding groups at 7am and then using them really late, they may change the policy. It'll throw off the line if it becomes a big enough percentage of BG holders.

We'll be trying that same tactic sometimes, I'm sure, since it's the only way to ride if you're arriving later in the day... but I'm prepared for them to close the loophole on that if lines are getting crazy later in the day.

Especially if/when RotR gets added to the $LL list - this loophole might be closing soon, so probably not good to plan on it as a reliable feature.

On the trip that we just returned from it quickly became obvious that CMs had been instructed to accept all BGs from that day that had been called, no matter how late people showed up for them. We were warmly welcomed when showing up during the last hour of park opening for our BG which had been called mid-morning. It reminded me of the old days of the original FP system where for years the end time of the return window was not enforced. Of course, as has been pointed out, this could always change. The parks were unusually uncrowded during our trip as there were no APs and Magic Keys had not begun.

Especially if/when RotR gets added to the $LL list - this loophole might be closing soon, so probably not good to plan on it as a reliable feature.
Definitely good reminders that nothing stays the same for long at Disney! It’s nice to have the leeway they’ve been given, but I agree the recent and upcoming changes could just as easily put a stop to the cavalier nature of allowing people to board at any time.

Also, skyegirl, your use of MK had me thinking magic kingdom and wondering which thread I was on. 😂🤣

While I agree that abuse of the return time might put an end to the lax enforcement they will need to provide a solution to people who don’t/can’t rope drop.

The current system is a broken system if they are going to be strict about return times. You can’t tell someone you have a 3 second window to get a ticket to do a thing and then expect that person to throw all of their daily plans aside because Disney happens to be moving ahead of schedule or whatever for the day.

Last Sunday we got a boarding group. We were planning on showing up around 1 or so and have a nice leisurely day. We live 45minutes to 4 days away depending on traffic. At 10 the app said we had a 215 minute wait. At 10:30 we got the notification that we were ready to board. Knowing we were going to be late but not wanting to test how lenient the return window was, we rushed out the door and hauled butt down the freeways. Rushed down the tram walkway, through the gates, passed the castle, passed New Orleans Square, and to the line. Not exactly the return to Disney after a year and a half I was looking for.

If they are going to be strict about the return window they are going to have to let people with early BGs push their boarding group back somehow.

While I agree that abuse of the return time might put an end to the lax enforcement they will need to provide a solution to people who don’t/can’t rope drop.

The current system is a broken system if they are going to be strict about return times. You can’t tell someone you have a 3 second window to get a ticket to do a thing and then expect that person to throw all of their daily plans aside because Disney happens to be moving ahead of schedule or whatever for the day.

Last Sunday we got a boarding group. We were planning on showing up around 1 or so and have a nice leisurely day. We live 45minutes to 4 days away depending on traffic. At 10 the app said we had a 215 minute wait. At 10:30 we got the notification that we were ready to board. Knowing we were going to be late but not wanting to test how lenient the return window was, we rushed out the door and hauled butt down the freeways. Rushed down the tram walkway, through the gates, passed the castle, passed New Orleans Square, and to the line. Not exactly the return to Disney after a year and a half I was looking for.

If they are going to be strict about the return window they are going to have to let people with early BGs push their boarding group back somehow.
It has crossed my mind to try to hit “Join” just a fraction of a second slower, in order to try to get a later boarding group. But I’ve never been confident enough to actually follow through with this!

Last edited:

It has crossed my mind to try to hit “Join” just a fraction of a second slower, in order to try to get a later boarding group. But I’ve never been confident enough to actually follow through with this!

Me too! Which has resulted in my getting groups like 7 or 9 for Webslingers. Makes for a pretty hectic morning when you live half an hour away and have cats to feed, chores and such before you can get on the road! And then have to fight getting into the parks once you're out of the car!

I don’t think they “need” to do any such thing. Disney will create a system, and guests will be the ones who “need” to prioritize what they do and don’t do. For example, a guest who doesn’t want to worry about boarding group times and driving in and traffic, can choose to arrive the day before.

I don’t think they “need” to do any such thing. Disney will create a system, and guests will be the ones who “need” to prioritize what they do and don’t do. For example, a guest who doesn’t want to worry about boarding group times and driving in and traffic, can choose to arrive the day before.
Well yea I get that. I mean, they don’t “need” to do a bunch of stuff.

They don’t need to get the trams fixed, but if they want to create a good guest experience they do.

They don’t need to bring parades back, but if they want to create a good guest experience.

They are obviously not legally bound to create a fair boarding group system. When I say “need” in this scenario, I mean if they want to create a fairer system that won’t piss people off they will need to address the issue mentioned.

This is a fun game though, let’s keep pointing out ways that they can make the guest experience inhospitable but yet is not legally mandatory.

They don’t need to sell food, you can just eat before and after you get there.

They don’t need to have cast members help load people into rides, if you don’t buckle yourself in that’s a “your problem”

Your turn. What else don’t they need to do?

Well yea I get that. I mean, they don’t “need” to do a bunch of stuff.

They don’t need to get the trams fixed, but if they want to create a good guest experience they do.

They don’t need to bring parades back, but if they want to create a good guest experience.

They are obviously not legally bound to create a fair boarding group system. When I say “need” in this scenario, I mean if they want to create a fairer system that won’t piss people off they will need to address the issue mentioned.

This is a fun game though, let’s keep pointing out ways that they can make the guest experience inhospitable but yet is not legally mandatory.

They don’t need to sell food, you can just eat before and after you get there.

They don’t need to have cast members help load people into rides, if you don’t buckle yourself in that’s a “your problem”

Your turn. What else don’t they need to do?
No one is speaking of legalities, and not everyone has the same opinions of what’s fair and what’s not. I see nothing unfair about the system. You do. It’s that simple.

I think LL is the solution they are putting in place for people who don't want to hassle with boarding groups.

I mean it pretty much solves the issue of not wanting to schedule an entire day around whether or not you get a boarding group at 7am, knowing you can snag a LL and walk on at your convenience instead. It will be interesting to see how it ends up working in practice.

9/3 experience. Booked my reservation at 7am BG #7. But wasn’t going to be in the park until 5pm. They accepted my BG at 7pm but it seemed like everyone else in line did the same thing as I did as the line was about 50 minutes long. The park was definitely filled with MKh.

It felt like the first time I experienced the ride waiting in a normal line.

9/3 experience. Booked my reservation at 7am BG #7. But wasn’t going to be in the park until 5pm. They accepted my BG at 7pm but it seemed like everyone else in line did the same thing as I did as the line was about 50 minutes long. The park was definitely filled with MKh.

It felt like the first time I experienced the ride waiting in a normal line.

we were there on 9/3 and I got boarding group 8. We were called around 9:15 and got over to the ride around 10 and found it down. And I think it had been for a little bit. Not sure if that helped with your boarding group since it was down during your time to be called. We rode around 11 as I recall (had das so went through fastpass when we did return). And then got group 154 (I think) for webslingers and was called around 3:15. we headed out of the parks around 4. The morning was fantastic but it really picked up as the day went on getting more and more crowded.

This was posted on the WDW thread, so figured I'd share over here as well.

Slight change to Boarding Group drop. You can now confirm your group an hour before boarding groups are released, so you know who exactly will be in your group when you try at 7 and noon.

Also, there's a refresh at the bottom of the party screen. Meaning, you just need to click refresh | join right at 7 or noon. So 1 less button click.

This was posted on the WDW thread, so figured I'd share over here as well.

Slight change to Boarding Group drop. You can now confirm your group an hour before boarding groups are released, so you know who exactly will be in your group when you try at 7 and noon.

Also, there's a refresh at the bottom of the party screen. Meaning, you just need to click refresh | join right at 7 or noon. So 1 less button click.
I bet pull down is faster, as I expect more people to be pushing that button, and the button is hard coded on the app instead of the phone refresh.

I bet pull down is faster, as I expect more people to be pushing that button, and the button is hard coded on the app instead of the phone refresh.
Yeah, hard to say,and since you can only do this on the day of reservation now, not really a way to find out ahead of time. Probably still based on timing and luck

As a software engineer who works in mobile, I can tell you that a button being pressed or a user pulling down to refresh would both be actions sent to the app for it to handle. Unless Disney is doing something really strange, these should be identical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter