Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Well, the first time ever I didn’t get a BG this morning. I’ve gotten so many for me and even for others. Not a huge issue since we have been many times but just wanted to comment. I think the new process and keys evens the playing field a bit.
Good luck at noon! I agree, the new process definitely puts everyone in the same place at the same time.

We were at the park on 9/11 and used the new system to select our group prior to BG’s being open then started refreshing from there at 6:59 and got BG 16. I was happy to have gotten them since we had some Star Wars fanatics with us but man getting called early really messed with riding other stuff early in the day.
We had to do rider switch so two of the kids got to ride it twice back to back which they thought was amazing!

Well, the first time ever I didn’t get a BG this morning. I’ve gotten so many for me and even for others. Not a huge issue since we have been many times but just wanted to comment. I think the new process and keys evens the playing field a bit.

We got a Webslingers boarding group (84) today, first time using the new process, and I also felt discombobulated and slower despite practicing all week. My husband, who has always been the successful one in the past (highest ROTR boarding group was 34 out of six tries) started from the screen with our party listed. I started from the DCA page. I beat him for the first time ever. From my perspective, it seems harder to track when an already-blue button switches text from "confirm your party" to "join virtual queue", especially when it's under my thumb, so maybe I'll try from the party screen tomorrow and have him try from the main screen since that's more similar to what he's done before. Also going to have my kids trying tomorrow.

Just to confirm I haven't missed any important updates:

DL is still using this Boarding Group process for now, correct? They haven't officially announced if/when it is going away?

We are there starting October 4 and my only goal is for my son to finally experience this attraction.

Just to confirm I haven't missed any important updates:

DL is still using this Boarding Group process for now, correct? They haven't officially announced if/when it is going away?

We are there starting October 4 and my only goal is for my son to finally experience this attraction.
Correct. It's in use for both ROTR and Web Slingers.

The best way for me is to start a countdown as soon as it hits a minute before. I use the Refresh button because it is in the same spot as the Join button. Hit Refresh and then quickly Join. It worked for me to get ROTR twice and Webslingers once.

If you have one person trying for ROTR and one trying for WS. Is it possible to get both reservations or will it mess up thr system somehow?

If you have one person trying for ROTR and one trying for WS. Is it possible to get both reservations or will it mess up thr system somehow?
I don’t think you can try for both at 1pm with the new confirmed party system, or if you can it will only give you one of them. It won’t let you try at 7am since you can only get the ride that’s at the park you have your park passes at.

As Dina mentioned, you can only try for the park you're starting at for the 7am drop. If you get a boarding group and ride before noon, you're eligible to attempt for a boarding group at noon for the other park. This is the only way to get both boarding groups in one day.

I remember someone was posting a spreadsheet that showed how long the BGs lasted each day. Anyone know if this spreadsheet is still happening somewhere? We are looking at going in October on a Friday, just trying to get a feel for how long the BGs are lasting nowadays. I remember before MK, the parks were slow and it was easy to get a BG...but not sure about how things are nowadays.

I remember someone was posting a spreadsheet that showed how long the BGs lasted each day. Anyone know if this spreadsheet is still happening somewhere? We are looking at going in October on a Friday, just trying to get a feel for how long the BGs are lasting nowadays. I remember before MK, the parks were slow and it was easy to get a BG...but not sure about how things are nowadays.

I was there last week and they were lasting a few seconds at most. I would be prepared to get them in the first second available.

I'm sure this has already been answered but it seems like there have been a lot of changes and I'm not sure how updated the OP is. We are going to be in DL one day only next week. It's critical that we get a BG for ROTR since the last time we were in the park was the day before the ride opened. We are not Magic Key holders. Do we need to be scanned in the park before we can get a BG? I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people are doing it from home and from hotels but maybe that's only for MK holders. Any other important changes I need to know that aren't in the OP? Any tips or tricks for Smugglers Run? That was the big one when we were there last time. Now it's just the same as any other ride? Thanks everyone for all this info! Love DIS Boards even though I only get on here every few years when we are planning a trip!

I'm sure this has already been answered but it seems like there have been a lot of changes and I'm not sure how updated the OP is. We are going to be in DL one day only next week. It's critical that we get a BG for ROTR since the last time we were in the park was the day before the ride opened. We are not Magic Key holders. Do we need to be scanned in the park before we can get a BG? I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people are doing it from home and from hotels but maybe that's only for MK holders. Any other important changes I need to know that aren't in the OP? Any tips or tricks for Smugglers Run? That was the big one when we were there last time. Now it's just the same as any other ride? Thanks everyone for all this info! Love DIS Boards even though I only get on here every few years when we are planning a trip!
Sorry the first post hasn’t been updated, this article is good for how to get a boarding group. The procedure is completely different now.

https://better.net/travel/disney/ho...ar-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-at-disneyland/
For falcon, it usually runs about a posted 35 minute wait for most of the day. I waited about 20 minutes in the late afternoon on Saturday 9/18.

Did they change it to where you can’t “practice” anymore? I had done it a few weeks ago but yesterday when I tried it wouldn’t let me because it said my party didn’t have reservations for that day.

Did they change it to where you can’t “practice” anymore? I had done it a few weeks ago but yesterday when I tried it wouldn’t let me because it said my party didn’t have reservations for that day.
You probably got in one of the last days. The update was about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

There was some debate about this previously but I believe this is key: Note: You’re given the option to pull-down or refresh this screen. Use the “Refresh” button because this is the same spot you’ll need to click “Join Virtual Queue” on the next screen as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter