• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

We will be a group of 5. Our last day, if we have a BG for after 3 members of our party leave (4:00 PM), could my daughter and I use their passes to ride twice? Does that make sense?

We will be a group of 5. Our last day, if we have a BG for after 3 members of our party leave (4:00 PM), could my daughter and I use their passes to ride twice? Does that make sense?

I'm not sure anyone has asked that yet.

Assuming you have 5 passes, and you only scan 3, I _think_ you would be able to use the 2 remaining after you went the first time. I can't see why you couldn't. But, plan your time so they don't expire while you are in line the first time.

I'm not sure anyone has asked that yet.

Assuming you have 5 passes, and you only scan 3, I _think_ you would be able to use the 2 remaining after you went the first time. I can't see why you couldn't. But, plan your time so they don't expire while you are in line the first time.

Thanks. We'll be starting that day in DL so chances are high the whole group will be able to ride but I was curious just in case.

On Saturday we were group 55, called around 1030 and waited maybe 10 minutes. In the morning there were two of us. At 0659 I just kept pulling the screen down to refresh. My friend waitied until 6:59:59 and clicked join boarding group. I was the successful one! The ride is awesome, loved it even more my second time.

I think this has been done. At least I know you could do it pre-COVID because we met someone in line who had his BG texted to him from his friend who had to leave the park prior to using it, and I can't see why it would not work now.

I think this has been done. At least I know you could do it pre-COVID because we met someone in line who had his BG texted to him from his friend who had to leave the park prior to using it, and I can't see why it would not work now.

Thank you so much! If we end up having this situation I'll post back here. My trip isn't until the end of June.

I think it generally works like pre-COVID Fastpass. I used to exchange fastpasses all the time between party members, either by just pulling up the barcode of my other party member via the App, or even by screenshotting and texting the barcodes back and forth... technically the boarding group is tied to your ticket, so it would be helpful to have access to the tickets of the members of your party that left just in case(presumably via the App). But it should be fine. I've never had a cast member confirm that the Maxpass barcode matches my ticket; i'm not sure if that's because exchanging fastpasses is allowed by Disney policy, or if it's just impractical to check.

We were there this past Monday, 5/24. Never been on ROtR before. I don't know what I did wrong, other than the fact that I didn't practice like some of you did. Otherwise, I followed the directions exactly. I clicked "Join Boarding Group" when time.gov said it was one second past 7 am. Didn't get a boarding pass. Perhaps the wifi at our timeshare in Carlsbad was a bit slow, but really...

So drove from Carlsbad to DLR, got to the security line at 8:30am, got in the park by 9. Not bad. At noon, tried again for a boarding pass. Couldn't even get on wifi at the plaza, so used my data plan, which was undoubtedly slow. Got a standby pass, number 201. They never made it to that number.

But wait, Disney CMs to the rescue! DW and I were just discussing this and that with the CM at the retail location (Black Spire Outfitters). She asked if we had been on ROtR, and we recounted our tale of woe. She said, let's go over there to see if 201 may make it. Before we knew it, she had gotten us to the head of the line, and we were on the ride! Yay CMs!

Great ride! Hotter than Hades on Monday, though.

We were there this past Monday, 5/24. Never been on ROtR before. I don't know what I did wrong, other than the fact that I didn't practice like some of you did. Otherwise, I followed the directions exactly. I clicked "Join Boarding Group" when time.gov said it was one second past 7 am. Didn't get a boarding pass. Perhaps the wifi at our timeshare in Carlsbad was a bit slow, but really...

So drove from Carlsbad to DLR, got to the security line at 8:30am, got in the park by 9. Not bad. At noon, tried again for a boarding pass. Couldn't even get on wifi at the plaza, so used my data plan, which was undoubtedly slow. Got a standby pass, number 201. They never made it to that number.

But wait, Disney CMs to the rescue! DW and I were just discussing this and that with the CM at the retail location (Star Traders?). She asked if we had been on ROtR, and we recounted our tale of woe. She said, let's go over there to see if 201 may make it. Before we knew it, she had gotten us to the head of the line, and we were on the ride! Yay CMs!

Great ride.

Do you really mean you waited one second past 7am or is that a typo? If not a typo, it's one second before. I would guess that was what helped cause you to not get a BG :(

At 6:59:59 is when you want to click the first button to get to the page where the actual join button will now be available.

And yeah. Wifi is notoriously terrible at DLR. I do not recommend it especially trying for a BG.

Last edited:
But wait, Disney CMs to the rescue! DW and I were just discussing this and that with the CM at the retail location (Black Spire Outfitters). She asked if we had been on ROtR, and we recounted our tale of woe. She said, let's go over there to see if 201 may make it. Before we knew it, she had gotten us to the head of the line, and we were on the ride! Yay CMs!

So glad you got some Pixie Dust (or maybe The Force was With You is more appropriate here?) and were able to get on the ride! I'm anxiously awaiting my first try at it in a couple weeks...

Do you really mean you waited one second past 7am or is that a typo? If not a typo, it's one second before. I would guess that was what helped cause you to not get a BG :(

At 6:59:59 is when you want to click the first button to get to the page where the actual job button will now be available.

And yeah. Wifi is notoriously terrible at DLR. I do not recommend it especially trying for a BG.

Yes, 7:00:01. I would assume that at 6:59:59 you would error out for being too soon? Is that not correct? And the spreadsheet that a PP posted said the BGs ran out at 15 seconds past the hour. So I still don't understand why I didn't get one at 7:00:01? Can anyone explain?

Yes, 7:00:01. I would assume that at 6:59:59 you would error out for being too soon? Is that not correct? And the spreadsheet that a PP posted said the BGs ran out at 15 seconds past the hour. So I still don't understand why I didn't get one at 7:00:01? Can anyone explain?

Yeah. Definitely not correct and not the tip that's been given in thread 😅.

Method is:
Atomic clock on one device
App opened on another (ideally not too early so it's a fresh open)
Be scrolled down to the virtual queue blurb
At exactly 6:59:59am click "join boarding group"
This takes you to a page with the attractions that having boarding groups.
There will be a blue "join" button that will appear at exactly 7:00:00am.
This is why you click 1 second before 7am because of the load time to get to this page.
Click "join" on ROTR
On the next page will be ticket selection
Eligible tickets should already be preselected
Click the blue button at the bottom to confirm
You should get a BG at this point if you were quick enough.

The reason you didn't get one at one second past 7am is everyone is clicking right at 7am and trying to access the servers. Too many others were ahead of you who were able to access the server before you.

Only 3 weeks until our trip and I'm starting to get nervous about getting our ROTR boarding groups. I've practiced at home before, but this week it seems like things are different now that there will be Web Slingers boarding group drop at same time? When I went to boarding groups this morning, I never saw a button pop up to join.

Am I missing something?

Also, do people with older phones even have a chance? I have an iPhone 7, DH has a Android phone that is probably 5-6 years old, and we'll also try with iPad on wifi (at least for the 7 am). I think both the cell phones use the sprint network.

Only 3 weeks until our trip and I'm starting to get nervous about getting our ROTR boarding groups. I've practiced at home before, but this week it seems like things are different now that there will be Web Slingers boarding group drop at same time? When I went to boarding groups this morning, I never saw a button pop up to join.

Am I missing something?

Also, do people with older phones even have a chance? I have an iPhone 7, DH has a Android phone that is probably 5-6 years old, and we'll also try with iPad on wifi (at least for the 7 am). I think both the cell phones use the sprint network.
How did you practice? Were you waiting for a button to appear or did you click the join boarding group button when your time changed to 7:00.00?

How did you practice? Were you waiting for a button to appear or did you click the join boarding group button when your time changed to 7:00.00?

I clicked on join boarding group at 7 (realizing I probably need to do that one second before) and I saw the screen where it said Rise of the Resistance indicating boarding groups open at 7am but no join button. Then I navigated away and went back to same screen and it said next boarding groups at noon.

So it sounds like I was a second or two too late and things went super fast today. So stressful!

Am I missing something?

It popped up for rotr. I “tried” right at 7am and was able to click join and get to the tickets page. I’m going on Monday and am getting myself ready again for the rotr drops.

web slingers is currently in cm previews. The join won’t pop up until around 10am if they are having previews today. You’ll be able to practice staring on 6/4.

Yikes, that is frustrating. I clicked join right at 7 on my phone and the join was there, so was able to get through. Might need to play around and see if you need to go a second before or a second after the time flips to get the join at the right time

Am I missing something?

I have an iPhone 6S and got a boarding group on May 2 and 3 using the Cricket (AT&T) network.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter