Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this feeling that it ends up being May or June 2017 to just put in Ip (Lion king, zootopia and Jungle Book). My favorite show is Illuminations because of its message and originality. I'm probably in the less than 10% of attendance at Wdw anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised, hopefully it stands on its own. But if you are at 10%, they will receive pressure from the other 90% if it's too blah or boring. It does need to be popular to pull guests IMO. Will see.

My favorite show is Illuminations because of its message and originality.

1) FULLY AGREE.
2) I also like stories and messages.
3) And, shows that are memorable.
4) In most attractions/shows how many people do not walk away from a show humming or whistling a tune?
5) Or, at least, talking a lot about it with their friends/family during the exit?

Does not sound like the normal situation where the attraction opens soon after Cast Previews. Going to be there in a couple of weeks, when we booked our trip... never imagined the Rivers would not be running. Was expecting late hours for AK with.... a night time experience throughout the park.

Also wanted to chime in on the music. It's beautiful! Totally disagree with what a few reviewers said about that. I think it's a mind frame. IP lovers vs non-IP. How many times are you in love with a new song on the radio the first time you hear it???

Wdwmagic is reporting the finale is still being worked on so I think that means we will definitely see some changes before it officially debuts.

I don't know how much Joe Rohde had to do with RoL or not. But I'm wondering why people (in general, no one specific) think because Rohde is in charge of this, it's going to be good eventually. Yes, Animal Kingdom is a beautiful park, no doubt. But Rohde doesn't have a track record with creating nighttime spectaculars that people love. Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw the concept art/story for RoL way back was that this was going to be a snoozefest (for me) because it seemed too "Rohde" To be fair, I'm not a huge Illuminations fan either, so maybe this will eventually fall into that category, once they get the show actually going. If Joe has nothing to do with this project, then just ignore this comment LOL

I don't know how much Joe Rohde had to do with RoL or not. But I'm wondering why people (in general, no one specific) think because Rohde is in charge of this, it's going to be good eventually. Yes, Animal Kingdom is a beautiful park, no doubt. But Rohde doesn't have a track record with creating nighttime spectaculars that people love. Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw the concept art/story for RoL way back was that this was going to be a snoozefest (for me) because it seemed too "Rohde" To be fair, I'm not a huge Illuminations fan either, so maybe this will eventually fall into that category, once they get the show actually going. If Joe has nothing to do with this project, then just ignore this comment LOL
As far as I am aware Joe just oversaw the project because 1. its at AK (his park), and 2. because its part of the major expansions going on. I haven't heard of him having any specific involvement in the creation or execution.

Joe gets blamed for everything! The man is doing Avatar and has been working on that crap at DCA...

I just read easywdw's review. He did have a pretty telling/funny concept art to preview photo...(I know concept art vs reality is always going to be off, but for some reason this one was funny)

rivers_of_light_concept_art%20small.jpg

vs what actually happened...

rivers_of_light_concept_art%20actual.jpg

What are the percentages of any sort of soft opening the weekend of 12/9? Very unlikely, right?

It's looking like our AK night might become a look at the Tree of Life and then on to Disney Springs.

What are the percentages of any sort of soft opening the weekend of 12/9? Very unlikely, right?

It's looking like our AK night might become a look at the Tree of Life and then on to Disney Springs.
Who knows. Rumor is right now there will be another preview Monday and Tuesday next week. However we don't know if its for CMs only or what.

Who knows. Rumor is right now there will be another preview Monday and Tuesday next week. However we don't know if its for CMs only or what.

They're killing me with this BS. LOL. I'm being strung along with this dangling hope of soft openings while we're there. :) If I am lucky enough to see it I'll definitely do a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter