Riviera or Beach Club?

alimcn

Earning My Ears
About to book our annual trip. We usually stay at the Beach Club (and the Poly every few years). This last summer my daughter (she's 11) loved visiting the Riviera and asked to stay there next time around. While really pretty, I'm still kind of leaning towards the Beach Club, mainly because our daughter loves the pool and loves that water slide. My husband and I love the walk to Epcot, but I guess now that the Skyliner is a factor, that cancels that out a bit. Beach Club does have more of a fun Disney vibe to it and Riviera seems a bit more hotel-y to me. Thinking of throwing in concierge level to Beach Club if we go that route. Any thoughts one way or the other?

About to book our annual trip. We usually stay at the Beach Club (and the Poly every few years). This last summer my daughter (she's 11) loved visiting the Riviera and asked to stay there next time around. While really pretty, I'm still kind of leaning towards the Beach Club, mainly because our daughter loves the pool and loves that water slide. My husband and I love the walk to Epcot, but I guess now that the Skyliner is a factor, that cancels that out a bit. Beach Club does have more of a fun Disney vibe to it and Riviera seems a bit more hotel-y to me. Thinking of throwing in concierge level to Beach Club if we go that route. Any thoughts one way or the other?
It is a lot harder to get to Hollywood Studios from the Riviera than from the Beach Club. And it is a lot harder to get back to the Riviera from Epcot at closing time than it is to get back to the Beach Club. I am a huge believer in making the parents happy. :)

While I love the Riviera, I think Beach Club is still probably the way to go. The Riviera pool is pretty boring, IMO, especially when compared with Storm Along Bay. The Skyliner really isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially if you're trying to get to or from Epcot at a peak time. Last time we rode it at park close, it literally took 40 minutes for us to get back to CBR (it should be around 12, I think) - and it wasn't down, it just had to keep slowing down to let wheelchair parties on. If you go during a stormy time of year, there's a greater chance of it going down. Being able to walk to and from parks pretty much trumps all other amenities for me.

It's got to be BC, the fantastic pool area and location for both Epcot and HS is hard to beat.

While Beach Club has a better location and pools, its QS isn't great, especially if someone has food allergies. DH can't have gluten, and Primo Piatto is MUCH better with gluten-free options.

I also vote Beach Club since the pool is important to you and the location can’t be beat. While the skyliner helps Riviera not feel so isolated, the skyliner does stop during storms. Depending on the weather when you go the skyliner could be down for a significant amount of the time during your stay. They do send buses when the skyliner is down for an extended amount of time, but it is more inconvenient than the skyliner.

I love RIV but considering your daughter is still of an age to enjoy SAB I’d do BC for now. Maybe RIV down the line when she gets too cool for SAB 😉

And yes to CL if it’s in your cards! CL makes mornings SO much better! And it gives an extension of sorts to the room so you can be at the hotel but not feel confined to your room. Mind you BC CL is not a large area, it’s just different than your room and there’s food and drink! If you have questions about Club Level or BC CL check out the CL thread here on the resorts board! (But please know there are no current reports on BC CL as it hasn’t reopened yet.)

Another vote for Beach Club! The pool, the 'feel' of the resort, and the easy walking access to EPCOT and HS are a huge plus. I know many love the Skyliner, but it's not our favorite mode of transportation, especially during the hot, storm season when it might shut down for a period of time at any point. Way more easy access dining options from Beach Club as well, around the lake and right inside EPCOT.

A lot of good advice above. I vote BC. During lightning season, not sure if I love dependence on Skyliner - just have had too many times where a simple journey is thwarted by a far off lightning strike and subsequent Skyliner closure. Love it during other times of year though!

I was in the same position with DS! We are staying arrival night at Riviera then changing to Poly for the week . That way DS can experience Riviera but I can stay where ultimately I feel is the better/more convenient resort😊

As a parent of a DD who is now 19, I wish I had done more of what she wanted and less of what I wanted over the years. If RIV is really where she wants to stay, then I have no doubt she will love staying there, regardless of which pool is better, or which resort is in the best location...just my 2 cents.

I would do Beach Club for most of the trip and maybe do one or two nights at Riveria. I agree, Riveria is stunning, but it doesn’t have the convenience (nor the pool) that BC does.

Riviera rooms are in another universe when compared to BC. But BC amenities and location are far superior. Depends on what you're after I guess. BC is also much cheaper.

I would most likely favor BC CL, but would add park hopper allowing us to go to dine at Epcot at 2pm or later any day of our trip. Hopefully, Disney will become more customer oriented and drop the park reservation and allow customers to hop when they choose in 2022

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter