Riviera Parking, Tower Room Requests, Food, and Run Disney-HELP!!

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I have not been on the boards for quite some time but our waitlist came through early November for Riviera and my daughter and I will be celebrating my birthday with a girls weekend and participating in our first Run Disney event. We are SO excited to have been gifted our waitlist at Riviera but I am such a planner and a few short weeks to look into it all is scaring me!!

How is DVC parking at Riviera? One of our favorite resorts is Wilderness but the hike with luggage from the parking lot can be intense. Is Riviera more managable? With the two of us-we should be able to manage any scenario but I would rather know in advance so I can pack accordingly.

We are in a tower room. After looking over the maps, it seems like a high floor is the only request worth mentioning. But, I love Disney planning and have always received the best advice from the boards so I figured it would be worth asking.

Any must do food options at Riviera? We are more small meal and snack type people but were thinking about the character meal for fun.

We also need to start researching how to get to the Run Disney event (I'm guessing bus only at that time in the morning) if anyone has any helpful advice.

Thanks is advance to any all all comments and advice that will enable me to plan at super speed :)

I've found that parking at Riviera is not an issue. Since you are in a Tower Studio, you will want to use the West Parking Lot as that will be the closest of the two parking lots to your room.

We also need to start researching how to get to the Run Disney event (I'm guessing bus only at that time in the morning) if anyone has any helpful advice.
As you guessed, runDisney operates special buses from all the resorts to the starting area. Pickups begin in plenty of time to get you there. Prior to the pandemic, they were very organized, and I doubt they've lost any organization since then! You'll get lots of information from runDisney and can also look at the website, and did you know there's a runDisney subforum here on DISboards? You can get answers for all your questions there.

I stayed at Riviera last year in the tower for Run Disney. Yes to the high floor request. They all have some view of Epcot fireworks. Bus transportation for Run Disney was excellent. Lots of signage and staff assigned at the pick up location.

Riviera is actually very small compared to the other resorts. Boulder Ridge is our home resort and I have always loved how close the bus ramp is to the villas. But Riviera is on another level entirely with how close & compact everything is. You will not have to do very much extra walking at all and can save all your energy for the race. There is a door to the outside of the building that goes straight into that West parking lot (which is super small compared to WL). We just finished a split stay WL then Riviera and got very spoiled with the Riviera portion of the trip. Though bell services is awesome, sometimes you just want to roll your own bags and go.

Ask for the Skyliner View, any room ending in 19. We were assigned 8719 on the 7th floor just last week. Trying the new salmon over orzo dish, $20 at Bar Riva, excellent or any dessert at Le Petite Cafe just off the Lobby.

Attachments

• 9C24FB29-47F8-484D-9308-3DAF2399614F.jpeg
    9C24FB29-47F8-484D-9308-3DAF2399614F.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 20

Just found a Tower Suite for my solo trip in December. I'm so excited to stay here, I think the resort is beautiful and love that Topolino's is only an elevator ride away. The Tower Suite looks small but hoping it's perfect for 1 person.

Stayed in a tower studio back in May - perfect room for couples or a party of three (one little one). Tower studios ending in 9 have a more direct view of DHS/the skyliner; rooms ending in 1 have a straight on view (EP to your right and DHS to your left); and rooms ending in 3 have a more direct view of EP. The nice thing is all rooms are the same category and you can honestly see everything from any room on the higher levels (if you lean a bit). One minor detail is that the top floor (I believe it's 8) does not have a canopy/roof (since there is no floor above), so it would be open to the elements if that matters.

For food, Topolino's is my favorite restaurant on property. For dinner, the rigatoni and the chocolate lava cake is my favorite combo on property right now. For breakfast, the character meal is great as it's the best combination of character interaction and high quality food on property (the sour cream waffle is legit) and the service during both meals is top notch. The lemon blueberry ricotta pancakes at Primo Piatto are amazing, and I've heard most of the lunch food is good as well. Have fun!

Stayed in a tower studio back in May - perfect room for couples or a party of three (one little one). Tower studios ending in 9 have a more direct view of DHS/the skyliner; rooms ending in 1 have a straight on view (EP to your right and DHS to your left); and rooms ending in 3 have a more direct view of EP. The nice thing is all rooms are the same category and you can honestly see everything from any room on the higher levels (if you lean a bit). One minor detail is that the top floor (I believe it's 8) does not have a canopy/roof (since there is no floor above), so it would be open to the elements if that matters.
Thanks for the guidance, would love a view of Epcot, will place a room request! Truly appreciate it. And LOVE the rigatoni at Topolino's!!!!

Why not drop your bags with bell services or drop off one person and the bags. No need to lug your stuff across the parking lot, at any resort.

You'll love Riviera - get the focaccia chicken sandwich, or the pizza, or the wings, or the nicoise salad. So many choices!
Which restaurant are those at?

Which restaurant are those at?

Bar Riva has the wings, Primo Piatto has the focaccia and pizza. You might be able to order it all at one or the other though since I'm pretty sure it's all made in the same kitchen. Bar Riva and Primo Piatto are right beside each other.

Bar Riva has the wings, Primo Piatto has the focaccia and pizza. You might be able to order it all at one or the other though since I'm pretty sure it's all made in the same kitchen. Bar Riva and Primo Piatto are right beside each other.
thank you! we've only been to riviera once so far for toppolinos breakfast

thank you! we've only been to riviera once so far for toppolinos breakfast

Bar Riva and Primo Piatto are in the same area of the resort as Topolino's, just at the ground level! There is also a small coffee shop type place in the lobby - La Petite Cafe, they serve coffee and tea drinks as well as croissants, scones, etc.

In the event you don't get a 'high' room request, I stayed ground floor in the tower room and found the location to be very convenient to parking - west and go deep into the parking area as the tower is at one end of it. It was also convenient for rolling my one bag to and just a short walk to the ground floor quick service, and pools. Since there was a large window and a patio door - small patio area with 2 chairs and teeny table, there was lots of light, but no loud noise or any disturbance. You could watch the skyliner and enjoy a nice view.

As for fireworks or whatever, none of the resorts that have views are like being in the parks so I place a small value on that, with the exception of Bay Lake tower.

I didn't buy anything except one snack. I had other plans. But the snack I bought was a very delicious gelato in a tiny paper cup out of the freezer in the quick serve. Really good but expensive. It was branded as Amarena - flavor was cherry vanilla swirl. Googling it to find out where to get it brought up a shop in Palau in the South Pacific. Guess I'll have to get more from Riviera next trip!

The only thing in the room that bothered me was the small useless refrigerator/cooler. I needed to store my lunch salad leftovers and it couldn't fit the takeout carton. Stood it on end which jumbled it up but at least it didn't leak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter