RnR Las Vegas (Cancelled?)

ScooterScott44

DIS Veteran
So my wife usually does this race for fun each year. It takes place early/mid November. They just emailed and announced that it “will not happen as planned“. They left “possible options” in there but no other details or refunds at this time.

Edit to add- they stopped just short of officially saying it is canceled.

It seems a little early to be cancelling a November race so just wondering-
- if this is push back from the community or the race organization decreasing risks
- how this may impact other larger races on the calendar

Last edited:
I was actually wondering if they would hold the race, so thanks for sharing the news. That is the same weekend that the SF Marathon got rescheduled to...and the rescheduled OC Marathon is the weekend before. Now I'm kinda doubting all these November races...

I ran the R&R Vegas half marathon race last year.
It was a last minute decision and I bought a bib off of Craigslist.
It was far too expensive to buy a legit last minute bib.
Anyway, the weather was decent, but one of my main concerns was bad weather.
November weather in Vegas can be horrible so having a November race is not ideal, a crap-shoot if you will.
I suppose the only reason they don't hold it in October is because they close the Strip.
If they push it back to the Spring, that would be awesome.
If they try it in December they can count me out.

the rescheduled OC Marathon is the weekend before. Now I'm kinda doubting all these November races...

OC and Long Beach (October 4th) are the last two events my husband and I are registered for this year. Definitely curious to see how they’ll proceed with these two so we can complete our Beach Cities Challenge. Really hoping they won’t go to virtual, but I guess I’m kind of expecting that at this point.🤔

I’m expecting all larger “destination” races for the remainder of the year to be canceled or ran virtual (I know my normal February race delayed 2021 registration by a month and when it opened up earlier this week they stated worst case sinario it would be virtual)

The RnR Vegas page now says "Postponed" where the date normally would be, so sounds like they're trying to move it. I've done that Half three years in a row now and the weather has actually been great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter