RO Discount is up!!

Over an hour on hold and no discounts available for POFQ. The woman told me that I could keep trying in the days ahead to see if something opens up - anyone ever have any luck with that? 20% off would have been very nice....

I couldn't find anything at POFQ for the date I was looking for despite checking several times last night and today. I ended up finding a discounted room on Travelocity, even without the codes ($180 for a garden view). Booked it, looked on the Disney website once more and, lo and behold, there was a garden view room for $180 that hadn't been there 10 minutes before. So I booked that just for the ease of having everything through Disney and canceled the Travelocity reservation. It can't hurt to keep checking. Obviously things are moving!

Got WL woods view w/bunk bed for Oct 19-26. Really wanted just woods view, but it was not showing available. RO was only $40 more then getting free dining.

I've been calling all day on and off and getting "all circuits busy". Finally got through 45 minutes ago and still on hold. I already have a reservation for 12/1-12/8 at POR. I have gone to WDW the first week after Thanksgiving 10 times the past 13 years and this is the first time I might not get a discount. The room I want is listed as available on the website but only if I check out on the 7th, I'm hoping calling will help.

Update: Nope, can't apply discount due to the last day there not being available

Still on hold with WDW. Tried Travelocity. Discounted rooms available there but not online for Disney. (???) Used 10SUMMER to save 10% and got Coronado Springs cheaper than Port Orleans. 10SUMMER saved more than the code 48HR75E. That code only saved me $75.

Got my discount but had to change from WL to AKL. But that's ok. We've never stayed there before. Did save us $800.00! Got pool view. Only took me being on hold half the day. Started calling at 6am central time. Looking forward to a new resort for our 39th wedding anniversary.

I'm not finding hardly anything for the dates I was looking at that even remotely looks like a deal...

Is anyone still finding RO discounts online at Disney? I'm not having any luck

I'm not finding hardly anything for the dates I was looking at that even remotely looks like a deal...

I am a little disappointed with this current R/O discount. There seems to be nothing available for my dates 12/4-8 or any other dates that I was looking at.

I find it a little odd that they announce a discount that you are available to book until 9/15 and then have extremely limited inventory on day 1.

I can only hope they release more rooms as the days go on, because if they don't, we won't be going this year.

I am a little disappointed with this current R/O discount. There seems to be nothing available for my dates 12/4-8 or any other dates that I was looking at.

I find it a little odd that they announce a discount that you are available to book until 9/15 and then have extremely limited inventory on day 1.

I can only hope they release more rooms as the days go on, because if they don't, we won't be going this year.

Stay off property and save the money if you want to go still. We go multiple times a year with APs, but typically only stay once a year on site and that's if they have what we consider a "good deal".

People seem to just shell out the cash with little in return for it considering the amount of stagnation and rising prices.

Busy at work yesterday and did not get a chance to call until about 3PM....but still did pretty good (and no wait time on the call :)). Had 1 night booked in standard business class at CSR (rest of stay at DVC villa). None of those rooms available but they did have the king business class rooms at a rate $35 less than I had paid for the standard room....so I was pretty happy... since I really wanted a king room anyway but was too thrifty to pay the extra $$ for it when I initially booked.

Was anyone able to get a discount with Dec 8. as one of their dates? I just can't figure out why if the room is available with the discount (because I've already booked it) the discount can't be applied if I check out on the 8th.

Also, I have always seen people get nervous about the crown the first week after Thanksgiving and it has always been really nice. It only starts getting congested on parade taping day. Disney resort guests are only a small part of the crowd.

Like others kind of disappointed with RO codes- called about BC villa stay, and AAA rate that I had is the same as the RO rate so no savings.:sad1: I thought AAA was 15% and RO was 20%. Oh well, I knew it was just a chance anyway we'll still have fun, it's just nice to find an even better deal.

I was also disappointed with the availability around that time. I really prefer to stay at an Epcot resort that time of year, but there was nothing except a handful of the most expensive club level rooms when I logged in at 7am on day one. I ended up booking a garden view at the Poly, but it's not nearly as convenient when I spend 90 percent of my time at Epcot :(. I have never had a problem booking a stay in a regular room at an Epcot resort in early December before.

Those dates were blacked out on the bounce back though, so maybe the occupancy has been up for a while.

I have had a bounce back booked for September since January, and I have been keeping an eye on the occupancy during that time. I watched when they released the gp code and again when they released the ap code. There wasn't as much availability as normal for those codes either.

Has anyone ever booked through Travelocity before? How does it work in regards to tickets , etc? Will you be able to see these on your MDE website??

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter