Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

Louie, honey, that cake is all GONE! (well, half of the top layer is left, but I think we're having that for breakfast :lmao: )

It was YUMMY, too!

Rob! You are supposed to save that for your one year anniversary! It should freeze real well! :goodvibes

Have a great trip! :sail:

Rob! You are supposed to save that for your one year anniversary! It should freeze real well! :goodvibes

Have a great trip! :sail:

Ya, I think that is one tradition I can throw right out the window, why don't we just buy a new cake for our first anniversary :confused3

Most cakes really won't freeze well, but many bakeries will make a new top layer for you for FREE on your anniversary.

Year old frozen cake really sounds not too yummy to me. But I never had a wedding cake, or any real wedding (eloped) for that matter, so what do I know?

Well looks like the boys are on the ship, and have found the buffet!

Only three and a half hours till the Bon Voyage party!

Is he drinking pink lemonaide on his honeymoon? :sad2:

Fwd.jpg

Pink Minute Maid from the "free" drink station on deck nine.

I hope they have a Wonderful time!

Most cakes really won't freeze well, but many bakeries will make a new top layer for you for FREE on your anniversary.

Year old frozen cake really sounds not too yummy to me. But I never had a wedding cake, or any real wedding (eloped) for that matter, so what do I know?

Actually, you probably know quite a bit... About most cakes...

But mine was amazing... even after 1 year... we didn't save the whole top (not enough freezer space) we cut two slices and put them in ziploc freezer bags ~it worked out great!

Actually, you probably know quite a bit... About most cakes...

But mine was amazing... even after 1 year... we didn't save the whole top (not enough freezer space) we cut two slices and put them in ziploc freezer bags ~it worked out great!

Didn't it get freezer burn?

I know some people that saved the top layer (small) and slices, but at the end of the year it was too gross to eat.

Who's your baker? I need to look them up!

Just got one last text from Rob before he shuts down the phone...

They got the Ultimate Couples Indulgence at the spa for today at 4:30! :cool1:

Didn't it get freezer burn?

I know some people that saved the top layer (small) and slices, but at the end of the year it was too gross to eat.

Who's your baker? I need to look them up!

Actually, NO! Trust me I was just as surprised as you are! I made Nelson take the first bite ~ I was scared... But after he tasted it, said it was fine, I tried it and liked it... It brought me back... It was soooo good....

Unfortunately my baker works out of her home (she doesn't do cakes for people unless she knows them, referrals, etc...)

Just got one last text from Rob before he shuts down the phone...

They got the Ultimate Couples Indulgence at the spa for today at 4:30! :cool1:

But, But... They will miss the sailaway party! :sad2: And the really cool horn blast...

Although.... :woohoo: Ah! Never mind. ;)

Actually, NO! Trust me I was just as surprised as you are! I made Nelson take the first bite ~ I was scared... But after he tasted it, said it was fine, I tried it and liked it... It brought me back... It was soooo good....

Unfortunately my baker works out of her home (she doesn't do cakes for people unless she knows them, referrals, etc...)

We tried to freeze & save the top tier of ours too but... one late night about 3 months after the wedding, we both had the munchies big-time and busted into that bad boy. If anything, it was more yummy than than it was on the big day, itself.

But, But... They will miss the sailaway party! :sad2: And the really cool horn blast...

I have a feeling Rob is trying to get out of a bet I had with him! :lmao:

I bet him $20 his eyes would tear up when he heard the horn blast as the ship left the dock!

The horn blasts at Castaway Cay, you still have a chance.

Oh they blast that darn thing every chance they get! :lmao:

But nothing like standing on Deck 10 as the ship leaves the dock, and hearing it for the first time! I dont care if it's your 12th Disney cruise, it brings a tear of joy every time!

On one cruise I was standing about 6 feet away from Al Weiss, and honestly, I saw him wipe a tear from his eye! :thumbsup2

Warning, do not be near the adult pool in the overhang area when the horn blasts. It will knock you off your lounge chair. Especially if you are not expecting it.

I guess I am not sentimental. I love the horn sound, I have it as a ringtone on my mobile, but no, no tears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter