Rob, Cass & Kira - "This trip is NOT going to suck!!!"-A Fall 2013 PTR -updated 9/23

Just a little update...

We booked the cruise!!!!! Woooty wooot woooot wooooooot!!

I have been waiting to see if they would offer a *GT rate for our sailing and it popped up on Wednesday!!! I had just checked about an hour before but nada and then I had this feeling, so I checked again and VOILA!!! There it was!

The rate was decent. It was a VGT for the same price as a 7A just over a year ago. Yes, I've been tracking prices :rolleyes1 :p So, about $3500 for the three of us.

Not the best rate and certainly not as good as the October VGT offers but hey, I was NOT complaining and I booked that sucker right away!! ::yes::

I was just thrilled to be ON the ship and now we will be getting a verandah!! It's kinda weird not being able to choose your stateroom, or even your deck but it's also kinda exciting

Even if it's one of the crappy verandahs, I will still be happy

So, I was able to do my online check-in right away, obviously ;) The earliest PAT was 12:30pm which is much later than we would like but no biggie.

The only thing I had wanted to make a ressie for was BBB for Pirate Night for Kira but they only had morning appointments left and we will be at the beach then. I had planned on going to BBB first thing when we get on board to see if they had any more openings but with a later boarding time, I didn't think I would get one.

Then, yesterday I was lurking in my ressie and saw that DCL had changed their PAT's to 15 minute increments and started at 10:30am instead of 11 so I scored us a 10:30 PAT :dance3:

We will be leaving Coronado Springs Resort much earlier now :rolleyes2

I kinda wish we were staying at the port now like we usually do so we didn't have that big drive in the morning ::yes::

Not sure if they will have any ressies left for Pirate Night BBB but at least now I will have a chance at getting one if they do :thumbsup2

So, I was on a huge high with the whole PAT thing when an email popped up and caught me by surprise....

It was an email from DCL saying I am getting a refund of $440!!!

I guess they adjusted their VGT rates because I went online and checked and now they had IGT's, OGT's and VGT's!!! And the VGT's were cheaper than what we paid!

Yowza! :goodvibes

So DCL here we come....officially :rolleyes:

Healthwise...

My rash around my neck is doing better :cool1: Everything else is about the same but I am hangin' in there

42 more sleeps

Congrats on booking the cruise! The planner in me just hasn't been able to wait on *GT rates....although now with an extra week of vacation I may just look for next year.

I saw the new PAT's and was able to move to the 10:30 slot too! Super excited to get there even earlier!

WTG on the refund! That is an awesome surprise!

Glad the rash is getting better. Hopefully the rest will clear up soon. You have such a great attitude!

This trip WILL NOT suck!

Jill in CO

Congrats on booking the cruise! The planner in me just hasn't been able to wait on *GT rates....although now with an extra week of vacation I may just look for next year.

I saw the new PAT's and was able to move to the 10:30 slot too! Super excited to get there even earlier!

WTG on the refund! That is an awesome surprise!

Glad the rash is getting better. Hopefully the rest will clear up soon. You have such a great attitude!

This trip WILL NOT suck!

Jill in CO

HAHAHAHA thanks Jill! You're right, this trip will NOT suck!!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Glad you were able to change your PAT too! People show up at 10AM anyway :rolleyes1

YAY!!!!!!! Thats awesome they automatically adjusted your rate too!

That's two cruises now that they've done that to me, love it!! :cool1:

Just joining in, all caught up! Cass,hope your feeling better!

Hi LISAMWDW :wave2: Welcome and thanks :goodvibes

Yup, you read that correctly...this sucker will be a fun update with pics and everything

So, where I we begin???

Oh, I know!

On my last update, I told you about the first refund we got for our cruise...

Yup...I said first :rolleyes1

A few days ago, I received another email from DCL letting us know that we are so ridiculously awesome that we deserved another credit of $329!

Okay, well maybe everyone who booked the VGT rate when we did will be getting this additional refund :rolleyes:

So instead of the original $3500-ish, we are paying $2700-ish!!

Not bad eh?

So, if I don't get another email in a few days from DCL informing us we are getting another refund, I might be a little sad :lmao:

Okay...what's next???

Ahhhh yes....packing!

With the weather starting to get a little cooler around here, I was able to pack Kira's summer clothing. Plus I started my suitcase and brought up 2 more suitcases, one for Rob and one for the cruise. The cruise bag has exactly one thing in it...my blingy sandals LOL!

luggage1.jpg

I also gathered up some miscellaneous stuff that we will need. Won't pack all of it until the day before probably but at least it's there and I don't have to go hunting or shopping for it!

luggage2.jpg

I printed off my 2009 packing list after making some changes to it. Funny how different the last trip was. We had tons of "baby" stuff :goodvibes

On our last trip, Kira was only 2 so we had diapers and wipies and all that extra baby crap that kids need :scared1:

This time we're not even taking a stroller! :thumbsup2

So, earlier today Rob was packing his stuff up getting ready for a business trip and Kira decided she was going to help. About 10 minutes later, she comes running downstairs with her Aurora dress in hand asking me if I had forgotten it in Daddy's closet...

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!

Rob's closet is where I have been hiding that Princess Aurora dress that I bought back in March that was supposed to be a surprise for her when we got to BBB

Well, I guess it's not a surprise anymore :rolleyes:

Without skipping a beat, Kira asked "Can I wear it now???" :lmao:

So while I am getting suitcases organized I look over the railing downstairs and see this...

kira-aurora1.jpg

Kira is having a little dress up party with Lilo :rotfl:

Poor princess Lilo

princess-lilo2.jpg

Lilo is such an awesome dog!

So, next up...and this is the REALLY exciting part...

Let the countdown begin!!!!!

The countdown calendar that I made Kira back in 2009 starts at 35 days (or sleeps as we say) and guess what folks???? As of today, we have 35 more sleeps until Disney!!!!

countdown1.jpg

countdown2.jpg

NOW it feels REAL!

So, now that we are getting close, I decided it was time to make some door magnets and lanyards for us. Well, about a month ago, my fabulous Canon i9900 printer went on the fritz. It was giving me a printer head error so I started looking at some new printers. Mine is about 5 or 6 years old (or more) so it would probably cost less to get a brand new one than to fix this sucker.

I could get a brand new printer/scanner/fax machine for less than what I pay for replacement inks on my old dinosaur BUT, none of the new ones load the paper the way I want it to load. Meaning they all have to bend 180 degrees and go through the machine. UGH! Not good! I print on lots of different kinds of paper, like magnetic and vellum and thick cardstock, so that bending thing is NOT an option!

We both tried cleaning the print head, several times actually but just kept giving us the same error. So then my wonderful hubby checked Ebay for me and ordered a new print head from China for $60.

It just came in 2 weeks ago and at first, worked fabulously! I was able to get some very important projects done and then this morning, as I was printing some designs out, I noticed that the ink was streaking. I performed some maintenance, cleaning then aligning and then...

"Print head error"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

So I removed the print head (again) and I cleaned it (again) and now I am letting it dry (again).

printer1.jpg

Crossing my fingers and toes and everything else in the hopes of getting it working again but like Han says "I got a bad feeling about this"

Stay tuned....

Yipppeeeee on all those discounts! See?, good things do happen to those who wait! So happy for you....and me, that you are really cruising now. :rotfl2:

I can't see the pics here at work, but if you posted the same picture I saw this weekend, it's a sweet sweet pic of your Kira. :cutie:

I really do hope you see a few more of those amazing discounts before we leave. Now, you just need those Docs to make it even more official. :cool1:

Yipppeeeee on all those discounts! See?, good things do happen to those who wait! So happy for you....and me, that you are really cruising now. :rotfl2:

I can't see the pics here at work, but if you posted the same picture I saw this weekend, it's a sweet sweet pic of your Kira. :cutie:

I really do hope you see a few more of those amazing discounts before we leave. Now, you just need those Docs to make it even more official. :cool1:

Hahaha, we really were cruising with you before...just now it's official ;) :goodvibes

Sadly, I don't think I will get any more refunds :rolleyes1 :lmao:

awesome deals!!!

You are like me. I always start gathering things early on too and just plopping in the suitcase to be ready when I officially pack.

Ok... so where has this report been hanging out! How did I not know about YOUR report! I'm sorry to hear about everything you've been going through. I hear ya about the prednisone... Nate started with the prednisone about a month ago and is starting to get the "moon face".

I sure wish I will still cruising with you:( Although I don't think it would have worked out anyway with all that has gone on with us. Say hi to the gang for me when you see them :wave2:

Hi Cass:wave2: so happy to hear your update on the cruise yippee!! That will be so much fun, and you're sounding better:thumbsup2. We just got back from Africa!! It was simply AMAZING. I loved every single minute of it. We were with a fantastic tour group. We went to "a day in the life of a Masaii tribe", amazing people, visited a village on another day and shopped for them before hand, using shillings, went on many, many game drives and saw the most beautiful animals ever. Disney nailed AK, but this is on a much, much larger scale. Africa is stunningly beautiful, Ngorogoro Crater (one of world's wonders) blew me away. And the Rift Valley mountain ranges of Kenya and Tanzania were just unreal. It was so fantastic!!

I have read your report today and look forward to more.:surfweb:

:welcome: Glad to have ya :goodvibes

awesome deals!!!

You are like me. I always start gathering things early on too and just plopping in the suitcase to be ready when I officially pack.

Yup, that way I'm not scrambling come October 25th :p :rolleyes:

Sometimes I look at my list and think "How the heck am I going to fit this all into our suitcases???" :confused3 :rotfl2:

Ok... so where has this report been hanging out! How did I not know about YOUR report! I'm sorry to hear about everything you've been going through. I hear ya about the prednisone... Nate started with the prednisone about a month ago and is starting to get the "moon face".

I sure wish I will still cruising with you:( Although I don't think it would have worked out anyway with all that has gone on with us. Say hi to the gang for me when you see them :wave2:

Oh yeah! The moon face!! Round and puffy...I got that!!! :rolleyes2:sad::sad2:

There will be NO pictures of me this trip :rolleyes1

Poor Nate! My mom was misdiagnosed with Colitis for like 12 years...nasty nasty stuff! Lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for him and the rest of your family! Stay healthy please!!! ::yes::

Hi Cass:wave2: so happy to hear your update on the cruise yippee!! That will be so much fun, and you're sounding better:thumbsup2. We just got back from Africa!! It was simply AMAZING. I loved every single minute of it. We were with a fantastic tour group. We went to "a day in the life of a Masaii tribe", amazing people, visited a village on another day and shopped for them before hand, using shillings, went on many, many game drives and saw the most beautiful animals ever. Disney nailed AK, but this is on a much, much larger scale. Africa is stunningly beautiful, Ngorogoro Crater (one of world's wonders) blew me away. And the Rift Valley mountain ranges of Kenya and Tanzania were just unreal. It was so fantastic!!

I have been waiting to hear from you about your trip!!!! :cool1: Glad you had such a good time! Any place for us to sneak a peak at some pics??? :rolleyes1:goodvibes

Great update! Too bad about the dress surprise! Lol. Luv the calendar. I miss those days when my DD was that young and so excited about Disney! Time goes by so fast! She is 17 already!

Congrats on the discounts!

Hope your feeling better!

Great update! Too bad about the dress surprise! Lol. Luv the calendar. I miss those days when my DD was that young and so excited about Disney! Time goes by so fast! She is 17 already!

Congrats on the discounts!

Hope your feeling better!

Thanks Lisa :goodvibes 17 huh? I feel that way about Kira and she is only 6 :p

Less than 3 weeks now!!! :dance3:

Just thought I would do a little update as we are getting really close now :cool1:

calendar-3-weeks-left.jpg

I took this yesterday so we now have 20 sleeps left! Kira is getting VERY excited and we are sooooo ready for a break from everything!

We are building a house and the deadline for ALL interior selections is November 2nd, which is while we are away so we have been scrambling to get everything done before we go. In three short weeks, we will have had visited 11 Trades, picking everything from kitchen cabinets, to flooring, paint colours, appliances and all that other stuff :faint:

Every appointment is about 2 hours so it's a bit of a challenge for both of us. For Rob it's taking time off during the day, which makes him even busier than usual and for me it's just getting through the day without passing out :rolleyes:

We've only had 4 appointments so far and after 2 hours of walking/standing and just the prep work that goes into each one of them, I'm spent! :sick:

This is a time when I REALLY wish my fatigue would just go away!!! :mad:

But it's also exciting as we've never had the opportunity to customize a house we will be living in before! We are REALLY looking forward to living in a house where everything in it was chosen by us!!! :cool1::thumbsup2

We have 7 more to go in the next week and a half so I am praying that I make it through them all :o

We're also at the part of the countdown where everything just seems to rush by like a train on fire :scared:

You know what I mean! :rolleyes:

I've had 2 years to plan for this trip and with less than three weeks, I am scrambling to make sure I've done everything! I am making my way through that long list I made myself about 3 months ago :eek:

A lot of it can't be done until a few days out but there's always those things that you think you will have tons of time to get done only to find yourself scrambling at the last minute to finish!

What else is going on....

You know what??? I don't think I have even mentioned anything about the whole MyMagic+ thing!!!!

Really??? Wow, I really AM sick :rolleyes1

Being a TA, I was a little bummed when I found out we wouldn't be able to participate in MyMagic+ and check out the MagicBands and stuff. Originally, Coronado Springs was NOT going to be a resort that was participating in the testing but now it seems like just about every resort will be testing it out in October.

So at about 50 days out, I checked My Disney Experience and saw that I was able to customize our MBs and pick our FP+'s! :yay: We won't get our bands until we check in though because they don't ship to us lowly Canadians :sad2:

I spent a WHOLE three hours (and more since then!) picking out our FP's online. The system really needs some work as it's really not easy to choose the exact FP's that you want for when you want them. You kinda have to choose the option that they offer you that best suits your touring style and plans for that particular park and then go in and customize each one separately. It was a pain too because it kept asking me to log-in and after doing that 15 times I wanted to

There were a few things that I had hoped to get FP's for but weren't available, things like Illuminations and Fantasmic but otherwise, I got some good ones.

I have to admit that it was challenging, even for me, a super planner extraordinaire, to choose which FP's and which times. Do I change up the way I normally tour the parks? Do I stick with what I am used to?

My thoughts drifted as I was making my selections...am I going to be able to be at the parks all day? Normally it's not a problem but with this stupid Lupus Flare, there is a good chance I won't make it!

Will Kira make it the whole day? Should we take a break in the afternoon and go back to our resort? (I hate doing that!)

I know we can change our FP's at any time but will there be anything good left or will we be stuck with It's A Small World FP's??? :sad2:

I've checked out MDE several times since I made our FP reservations and the choices are dwindling!

I ended up planning as if we are spending the whole day in each park and I guess I will just try to change them if our plans changes.

This is a very tough trip for me...so many things depend on how I am going to feel. It's very different from what we are used to and I am anxious and nervous and excited and worried all at the same time! :guilty:

I checked back about 10 days ago and saw that they were offering FP's for Fantasmic so I snatched those up real quick and now I keep checking back for Illuminations.

We've also decided to put money down on our account so that we can use our MBs for all food purchases. Part of it will be for convenience but part of it will be for testing purposes. :rolleyes2

I sat down with Kira the other day and showed her a little video about MBs and told her she could use her band to magically open our door every night when we get back to our hotel and she seemed pretty pleased about that! :lmao:

I'm anxious to see how this whole MM+ thing works. I have a lot of thoughts and opinions about it already (dealing with clients) but I won't share them until I have had my own personal experience with them. :p

One more thing to mention...

I was able to secure us FP's for our lunch at Be Our Guest on the 30th, which I am soooo stoked about!!!! I even ordered already so I am hoping that things go smoothly and quickly so we can get back to the princesses :goodvibes

Okay, I think that will wrap it up for this update. I probably won't update again until right before we leave ;)

Thanks for following along peeps! :grouphug:

I agree about FP+...difficult to choose!
It is awesome that you got BOG FP. I am still trying to figure that out.

Glad to see your update. I can't believe how close you are to your trip date. We are going Thanksgiving week and I cannot make FP+ because it doesn't recognize my tickets. I bought them back in 2006 and I have 6 days left. I'm a little nervous and I feel like this trip will be more stressful than other trips. I've called Disney about it but they assured me I'll have a great trip with no FP+s. I'm not convinced. So, do you think a lot of people have FP+ or just a few. They said that when I arrive at the resort I'll be able to make my selections then. But the last thing I want to do when I check in is make FP+ selections and I can't imagine that many will be available. Really frustrating for the consumer.

I agree about FP+...difficult to choose!
It is awesome that you got BOG FP. I am still trying to figure that out.

It took me a bit to figure out because I'm officially on a "package" which has letters but the BoG FP site only accepts number ressies. What I did was use the confirmation/order number from my MBs! :idea: Worked like a charm :thumbsup2 You can find that number when you go into your MDE and into MBs, underneath, there is the order number there ;)

BTW, just in case you don't know, you can't get a BoG FP from within your MDE, you have to go here: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/VerifyReservation.aspx

Glad to see your update. I can't believe how close you are to your trip date. We are going Thanksgiving week and I cannot make FP+ because it doesn't recognize my tickets. I bought them back in 2006 and I have 6 days left. I'm a little nervous and I feel like this trip will be more stressful than other trips. I've called Disney about it but they assured me I'll have a great trip with no FP+s. I'm not convinced. So, do you think a lot of people have FP+ or just a few. They said that when I arrive at the resort I'll be able to make my selections then. But the last thing I want to do when I check in is make FP+ selections and I can't imagine that many will be available. Really frustrating for the consumer.

Have you tried using your iPhone (or smartphone) to scan them in? I have two tickets that I got through Airmiles and that's what I did for mine.

I've read that some people are having issues with adding their tickets. I'm not gonna tell you what to do but if it were me, I would NOT accept waiting until I check-in to get my FP+! For me, it was the main selling point of using the MBs!! ::yes::

If that didn't work for me, I would call the MM+ IT line and try again. Not sure if that would work but that is what I would do ;)

Have you tried using your iPhone (or smartphone) to scan them in? I have two tickets that I got through Airmiles and that's what I did for mine.

I've read that some people are having issues with adding their tickets. I'm not gonna tell you what to do but if it were me, I would NOT accept waiting until I check-in to get my FP+! For me, it was the main selling point of using the MBs!! ::yes::

If that didn't work for me, I would call the MM+ IT line and try again. Not sure if that would work but that is what I would do ;)
I can't scan my tickets as there is no bar code. I tried entering the numbers as shown on the screen but it doesn't recognize it. My greatest fear is there will be nothing available by time they do figure this out so, I'm not sure if I should convert now or just go with the regular fast passes. I'm a really confused consumer. I'll try and call them tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter