ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...Do folks get ROFR notifications on the weekend? I'm 5 days before the 30 day mark and want to know if I can go more than 30 minutes this weekend without checking my email. I don't have a good feeling...

NJDizfreak417---$91-$9700-100-AKV-Dec-0/16, 17/17, 100/18- sent 4/6, passed 4/20

First time owners and looks like we may have overpaid but had two prior contracts at other resorts taken at $88pp and this was going to be our last try for a long time. Too bad I didn't see these posts until it was too late.
I overpaid for a contract to be sure it went through after losing 2 as well. Needed a particular use year in a particular time frame and inventory was dwindling. I do suffer from a bit of buyers remorse, but then again I have the points I wanted.

I overpaid for a contract to be sure it went through after losing 2 as well. Needed a particular use year in a particular time frame and inventory was dwindling. I do suffer from a bit of buyers remorse, but then again I have the points I wanted.

We were def in a bit of a time constraint because we were/are planning a trip for late Jan next year and wanted to get one through in time to book. The first two rofr took just about 30 days each before being notified they were taken. Now we know for when we add on in the future.

NJDizfreak417---$91-$9700-100-AKV-Dec-0/16, 17/17, 100/18- sent 4/6, passed 4/20

First time owners and looks like we may have overpaid but had two prior contracts at other resorts taken at $88pp and this was going to be our last try for a long time. Too bad I didn't see these posts until it was too late.

Smaller contracts go for more though, so keep that in mind.

Also, overpaying $10/pt on a 100 point contract is $1000. Is that really a big deal for decades of vacations?

It could be worse... You could have wasted $150 at Tony's Town Square. :crazy2:

You can make up for it when you add on. Congratulations!

That's amazing and fascinating. Thank you!
Just noticed that you had your first kid and there was a 10 year break from Disney trips; then when you had your 2nd one, there was less than a 1 year hiatus. Must be an interesting reason for this big difference.

We were def in a bit of a time constraint because we were/are planning a trip for late Jan next year and wanted to get one through in time to book. The first two rofr took just about 30 days each before being notified they were taken. Now we know for when we add on in the future.
I now have enough points to keep me happy for a while. I won't rule out adding on in the future, but then I will play the low ball game and hope to sneak a great deal through.

We are also overpaying, I am pretty sure...$61 for HHI. But a few dollars didn't make enough of a difference to lose it to the mouse. Still we may lose it since it's June UY. I am already looking for a backup contract but if we lose this HHI one I think I will insist to DH that we go for BCV or BWV and there are no smaller resales available. Want to keep it at a certain price point so we can pay cash.

You paid a lot less than if you'd bought direct. 100 pt. AKV contracts aren't that common, I think the minimum buy in for new members there was 160 for a long time, hence you see a lot of 160 pt. contracts at AKV.
My first contract is at AKV & I love the resort & you can really stretch those points w/ the value studios.
After 'shopping' for a couple of years for the contract I just bought I paid what I thought was a fair amount. While we were in ROFR some one posted here that they were paying $10 less per point than I paid for a similar size contract, yikes! But I needed to match my use year & having looked for so long I was happy w/ my price.

Just noticed that you had your first kid and there was a 10 year break from Disney trips; then when you had your 2nd one, there was less than a 1 year hiatus. Must be an interesting reason for this big difference.

I grew up going to Disney for family vacations, and DH didn't. So I got him to go along 2-3x when we were adults without kids, and he had fun, but it didn't have the magic to him. Until we had kids. ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Of the 3 trips we took in 2015/2016, 2 coincided with work conferences DH and I had in the Orlando area which were 10 months apart, so we got APs. Then the 3rd trip was an "end of maternity leave" trip and since we had APs, it was easy to go to WDW. Around this time we started thinking about DVC... :cool1:2017 is actually for DH's big birthday, and this time HE was the one who wanted to go on a Disney cruise for his family birthday celebration. I think it's becoming his family happy place too as we make more memories.

And - as a family, we love to travel. In our early days together as DINKs, we went all over the world together, taking the active adventure type trips, so we've gotten that out of our system and are happy to keep the travel "easier" until the kids get bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter