ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the email tonight...
lovin'fl---$61-$10940-150-HH-Jun-0/16, 150/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 4/16, taken 5/16
I'm so sorry. I think what stinks is wasting 30 days on a contract you can't buy.

There is nothing available we want for August use year right now. August isn't plentiful and I really don't want a second use year. DH is also losing interest in adding on. I finally talked him into it and it's taken. :headache:

I'm so sorry. I think what stinks is wasting 30 days on a contract you can't buy.

There is nothing available we want for August use year right now. August isn't plentiful and I really don't want a second use year. DH is also losing interest in adding on. I finally talked him into it and it's taken. :headache:
We have Aug and June. I am looking at both for HHI, BCV or BWV. And even would consider any UY for BCV since we don't own there at all but own at HHI and BWV already. I also look at VWL. Started looking at BLT tonight too. DH just wants 125--175 at HHI. So i will really have to work wonders. There were some options over the past week but all are sale pending now as of the past two days or so. If the mouse had just let us know sooner....

:mad: I just cashed my $1000 deposit that was refunded tonight via mobile deposit. It does help somewhat when the money isn't tied up anymore. I was leaving for Destin, Florida when I got the news last week. Non-Disney vacations are very helpful. :) The competitive person in me was very annoyed, but we were ok with it because it ended up being more points than we wanted. You'll find another one that suits you better! There are new listings every day as you know. Time to go for BWV/BCV (I can't keep them straight) now!

A little off topic but Destin, Florida is where I live. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

I was leaving for Destin, Florida when I got the news last week. Non-Disney vacations are very helpful. :)

Yes, that's where we recover from our Disney "vacations". I miss being able to drive there in 5 hours but a connecting flight and a short drive from Pensacola solve that problem. We stay at the big Hilton sandestin. It has the same number of hot tubs as SAB and a bigger sand bottom pool (aka "the gulf"). Plus, DVD can't ROFR my hilton points. :D

:offtopic:

OK, back to DVC resale contracts... :earsboy:

A little off topic but Destin, Florida is where I live. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

We had a blast!!! I love it there so much. So crazy to think Galveston (where we go quite often) shares the same body of water...not quite the same beauty as the Emerald Coast. It's the beach I grew up visiting every summer. We've kept the tradition alive. When I was a kid, we actually used to stay in Navarre Beach before switching to Sandestin when I was 14 or so.

Yes, that's where we recover from our Disney "vacations". I miss being able to drive there in 5 hours but a connecting flight and a short drive from Pensacola solve that problem. We stay at the big Hilton sandestin. It has the same number of hot tubs as SAB and a bigger sand bottom pool (aka "the gulf"). Plus, DVD can't ROFR my hilton points. :D

:offtopic:

OK, back to DVC resale contracts... :earsboy:

That's where we went to Sandestin! We stay in Beachside 2 right next door to the Hilton. We've been going since I was a kid. May is an amazing time to go, so that's always the goal. Lower crowds, cooler weather than peak summer, and calmer water for playing in the ocean and my DH to go fishing! I must admit I always think about Disney though when we go to the bayside. Ok...no more drifting off-topic for me. ;)

That's where we went to Sandestin! We stay in Beachside 2 right next door to the Hilton. We've been going since I was a kid. May is an amazing time to go, so that's always the goal. Lower crowds, cooler weather than peak summer, and calmer water for playing in the ocean and my DH to go fishing! I must admit I always think about Disney though when we go to the bayside.
It's a great place to recover from Disney -- the "vacation from the vacation". I just got back from a week at BCV this past Saturday and I'm ready for a REAL vacation now. I've been to Navarre a few times. An old friend of mine's brother lives there (stationed at Eglin AFB during his military career.)

That does it! I'm selling my DVC and buying a timeshare in Destin. Time to add Destin timeshare resorts to the ROFR tool. :cool:

Got the email tonight...
lovin'fl---$61-$10940-150-HH-Jun-0/16, 150/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 4/16, taken 5/16

Oh man! Sorry!!! Your contract is so close to mine (HH $60-200 June) I wonder if I will lose mine too. :mad:
Mine was sent in on 5/8 so I'm assuming Disney might take it.

Yeah we have April UY and it's hard to find. We went for a June one this time. I am not gonna worry about multiple us years. Just hoping we *** ROFR this time.

Well. I didn't post when I made the offer, but I thought I would send the result.

$92-$5577.50-50-AKV-Sept-50/16, 50/17, 50/18, 50/19- sent 4/18, passed 5/02, projected closing date is 5/30

Nice deal! You could have used the link on the first post to format it for you though ;)

Thanks! A little more than we wanted to pay for AKV but having just had a BWV taken I'm a little skittish :goodvibes
Yes, I don't blame you. We offered more as well this time because we had 2 previous offers go south in weird circumstances on the seller's or broker's end and I was pretty much done negotiating. Plus I think prices have gone up a bit.

There was another one for 160 points with another broker that was very similar but had more points this year. In the end we went for the bigger contract. Good luck to use both!
That was the deal I almost took, good set of points at a good price. Good luck!

I'm waiting for mine to enter ROFR so I can officially start worrying :earboy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter