ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bad muffler bearing

This is a complete drift from ROFR, but I have 2 issues:
1) SUV/truck vibrates and shakes and acts like it wants to die
2) steering wheel makes an audible click every time I take a sharp right

Issue 1 is the EPA's fault. They are now required to set the idle at 600 rpm's per some nonsense regulation. Problem with that is that a truck cannot idle that low, so it jacks up your truck. This results in a dirty fuel injector every few years. As an answer to this, the newest cars have Auto Stop. Mine is 3 years old, so I missed that feature. :( Thanks government.

Issue 2 was supposedly fixed with a suspension arm that was slipping and repaired at no cost to me because the car is only 3 years old, but the issue is still there. I get to go back tomorrow and drive around with the mechanic to show him what I'm talking about. UGH! Why can't anything just be a simple fix?!? To say that I hate dealing with car stuff would be a huge understatement. To put it into perspective, I would take waiting on ROFR for 6 months over dealing with car stuff which includes buying a new car. It's just not my thing. And my husband has the nerve to have to work tomorrow, so I have to do it. So inconsiderate of him. ;) I guess someone has to work to pay for all these Disney points when I'm dealing with my car. Haha.

Congratulations, everyone that's had good news!

Is there anyone else from 4/27 who still hasn't heard? Should I just write my contract off as gone and start making offers on alternatives? :furious:

Is there anyone else from 4/27 who still hasn't heard? Should I just write my contract off as gone and start making offers on alternatives? :furious:

A month ago, I would've said it was a goner. However, we did have 2 posters pass ROFR at Day 30 last week. With all those people in the department on vacation (this was confirmed BTW), it's hard to say. Hopefully, you hear in the next day or two.

Mumof4mice, I haven’t heard either.

We might be the last two standing. :badpc::charac2:

TexasChick123---$135-$21743-150-BLT-Jun-0/17, 156/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 4/30, passed 5/24

I was a couple of hours late to post this. I’m having issues with my 3 year old car which kept me tied up the last few hours at the dealership. :mad:

Yeah ! :banana:

This is a complete drift from ROFR, but I have 2 issues:
1) SUV/truck vibrates and shakes and acts like it wants to die
2) steering wheel makes an audible click every time I take a sharp right

Issue 1 is the EPA's fault. They are now required to set the idle at 600 rpm's per some nonsense regulation. Problem with that is that a truck cannot idle that low, so it jacks up your truck. This results in a dirty fuel injector every few years. As an answer to this, the newest cars have Auto Stop. Mine is 3 years old, so I missed that feature. :( Thanks government.

Issue 2 was supposedly fixed with a suspension arm that was slipping and repaired at no cost to me because the car is only 3 years old, but the issue is still there. I get to go back tomorrow and drive around with the mechanic to show him what I'm talking about. UGH! Why can't anything just be a simple fix?!? To say that I hate dealing with car stuff would be a huge understatement. To put it into perspective, I would take waiting on ROFR for 6 months over dealing with car stuff which includes buying a new car. It's just not my thing. And my husband has the nerve to have to work tomorrow, so I have to do it. So inconsiderate of him. ;) I guess someone has to work to pay for all these Disney points when I'm dealing with my car. Haha.

Sorry to hear this! Stuff like that always happens when my DH is flying which much like your DH, helps pay for my Disney buys!:rotfl2:

I am sending good wishes and crossed fingers for those who are waiting to hear.

Dan1 and Mumof4mice - a special good luck to you as you are on day 28. I hope you hear today so you don't have to sit through the long holiday weekend (which will put you past your 30 days).

Happy Memorial Day to all our DVC members and potential members as we remember those who fought and those who lost their lives for our freedoms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter