• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA!! I'd love to know everywhere you own and what you do with them!! Just dreaming!

Nothing particularly exciting. 702 bought direct at SSR in 2007 when the exchange rate was good and recently topped up (albeit not quite completed) on a 230pt contract at AKV and a 275pt contract at PVB. It’s the latter two I’ve been getting cold feet on. We went for them as they appeared to be a good deal back in early Feb and I knew I could rent the points out to cover the extra annual dues if necessary. However, I can’t say we need the points and the recent price fall combined with the poor exchange rate has made me twitchy. We usually rent a three bedroom villa for two weeks every other year as we live in the UK so can’t realistically take short breaks.

I am happy for you and your family, and hope we will have a cocktail together at Sanaa!! Or the Kilamanjaro Club, clink clink!!!!! (Sorry I just get so excited for new AKV members!).

PS. You ABSOLUTELY can hear a lion roar at 5-6AM from your room. I get so wound up on my trips that I know this!

Aww - this is so sweet! I am so excited, and excited to get to know AKV friends.

My husband who I never thought would agree to DVC, would only do it for AKV. My daughter wants to be a zoo keeper/curator when she grows up. I think we will feel at home!

I used to live across the street from the National zoo and could hear the lions and Gibbons in the morning. I am very excited to get that experience again!

Have you been successful booking the Value Level rooms??
I hear they're hard to get, even at 11 months, which is why I bought SSR again instead of AKL
No, but to be fair, right now is the first time I've tried to book value, but my trigger finger is either not fast enough at 8am, or they are currently being walked.

I can now no longer say this. I managed to snag a value studio for April 2021, and I booked them at 10am this morning. Admittedly, I was only able to get 2 nights instead of the 3 I wanted, so 1 night is waitlisted, but I got the 2 nights!

Just curious-Does anyone actually toast at the Kilamanjaro Club if they don’t walk it? I’m trying to set my expectations if I buy one.
I have not yet succeeded in booking Kilimanjaro Club but I have hopes I'll capture that elusive reservation some day. :)
I also can no longer say this. In the "win some, lose some" category (and presuming we can go to Disney in December), I went to switch our December room from BRV to a CCV Cabin. I had to call in because I was using transferred & OTU points. I checked online before I called at 8:59am - 12/18-12/23 was available! By the time I got through hold and to a CM, the night of 12/22 was gone. :( I had them book the 3 nights 12/18-12/22 and figured I'll waitlist the last night and hope someone gives up a cabin that night. On a whim, I checked what was available at the AKL for that last night, and lo and behold, the 1BR Concierge was available! If we don't get our cabin for the last night, at least we'll be able to toast in the holidays at the Kilimanjaro Club!

I can now no longer say this. I managed to snag a value studio for April 2021, and I booked them at 10am this morning. Admittedly, I was only able to get 2 nights instead of the 3 I wanted, so 1 night is waitlisted, but I got the 2 nights!
I also can no longer say this. In the "win some, lose some" category (and presuming we can go to Disney in December), I went to switch our December room from BRV to a CCV Cabin. I had to call in because I was using transferred & OTU points. I checked online before I called at 8:59am - 12/18-12/23 was available! By the time I got through hold and to a CM, the night of 12/22 was gone. :( I had them book the 3 nights 12/18-12/22 and figured I'll waitlist the last night and hope someone gives up a cabin that night. On a whim, I checked what was available at the AKL for that last night, and lo and behold, the 1BR Concierge was available! If we don't get our cabin for the last night, at least we'll be able to toast in the holidays at the Kilimanjaro Club!
What great luck! Maybe buy a lottery ticket today too 😂

WHAT! That would be my #1 purchase 🤣🤣
Right?!
Though what he IS saying is "let's just get enough points to snowbird in Disney for 3-4 months every year instead." While he concedes all the amenities of Golden Oaks, he feels that the houses "don't feel like Disney" and aren't "onsite enough for me." ;-)

Ha! If only I had THAT kind of luck!!
Also, my DH is saying "no" to buying a home in Golden Oak if I were to win the lottery...
Depending upon how big a lottery prize you win, you could buy Golden Oak, and a new Husband! :rotfl2:

EDITED _ after reading this:

Right?!
Though what he IS saying is "let's just get enough points to snowbird in Disney for 3-4 months every year instead." While he concedes all the amenities of Golden Oaks, he feels that the houses "don't feel like Disney" and aren't "onsite enough for me." ;-)

Maybe he's a keeper after all? I like the Snow-Bird approach, as summers in Orlando, even if at Golden Oak, are pretty unbearable.
ET :darth:

Right?!
With our last add-on, we have enough to spend 5-6 weeks every winter, in studios.
I was considering adding on some more this year, but don't want to deplete my cash reserves under the current socioeconomic situation.
Also, I haven't really seen a huge drop in resale prices to be taken advantage of.
We got our SSR contract for just under $90/point, and that offer was accepted on 2/11/20, just before the bat feces hit the circular oscillator!
We're all booked for Jan/Feb 2021, and we will probably revisit more add-on-itis after that trip.

With our last add-on, we have enough to spend 5-6 weeks every winter, in studios.
I was considering adding on some more this year, but don't want to deplete my cash reserves under the current socioeconomic situation.
Also, I haven't really seen a huge drop in resale prices to be taken advantage of.
We got our SSR contract for just under $90/point, and that offer was accepted on 2/11/20, just before the bat feces hit the circular oscillator!
We're all booked for Jan/Feb 2021, and we will probably revisit more add-on-itis after that trip.
With all of your add ons did you purchase the same use year?

Maybe he's a keeper after all? I like the Snow-Bird approach, as summers in Orlando, even if at Golden Oak, are pretty unbearable.
He's definitely a keeper, and I'll concede that spending 3-4 months at DVC resorts has appeal. I just want the extra Golden Oak perks, and the advantage of "having all my stuff" with owning a home in Disney. :)

Closed today. Now time to wait for DVC to do their thing and the points to post to my account.

tputorti---$139-$23973-160-BLT-Mar-0/19, 204/20, 160/21- sent 4/2, Passed 5/5, closed 5/21
What title company did you use? I’m so annoyed we passed 4/23 and I JUST got closing docs two days ago. Of course I had mine sent back within 24 hours but I will never again use Magic Vacation Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter