• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came to an agreement yesterday on a Poly contract through Fidelity and it was a brand new listing. I could probably have negotiated it down a few more dollars, but it was the exact size and UY I have been looking for and it was fully loaded, so I jumped. I’ll post the details here as soon as the paperwork is finalized. I requested Mason as the closing agency because I’ve heard so many good reports about them here, and the broker said she needed to contact them to get the closing price since they don’t have a price sheet for Mason.

kevtlas---$85-$28375-300-SSR-Dec-300/19, 300/20, 300/21

This hasn't gone to ROFR yet as just accepted last night by seller, but I couldn't wait to post! I'll update once it's sent and update price as well. The current price has estimated dues and closing included, so I don't expect it to be much different.

Also, I asked the seller to bank the '19 points, so it should show up in the documents as 0/19 and 600/20.

This is basically where we want our SSR to be accepted at. Although 100 less points and June or Feb UY. Gives us confidence that sellers will accept at that level though as we have been continually knocked back by seller and broker when pitching lower to get to this point.

This is basically where we want our SSR to be accepted at. Although 100 less points and June or Feb UY. Gives us confidence that sellers will accept at that level though as we have been continually knocked back by seller and broker when pitching lower to get to this point.

I'm in the same ballpark as you, but different UY so at least we won't be competing. I'm in no rush so hopefully the good deals are yet to come.:flower1:

I'm in the same ballpark as you, but different UY so at least we won't be competing. I'm in no rush so hopefully the good deals are yet to come.:flower1:

Same. I don’t mind going up a few dollars to get the use year I want plus I want a smaller contract but I am also looking at stripped contracts so I wouldn’t even see points until Oct. 2021.

It’s the most dangerous thread for our savings for sure 😁

and here my proof for this statement:

Ben@M1CK3Y---$95-$19000-200-SSR-Mar-0/19, 400/20, 200/21-Seller pays closing- sent 5/22

Seller pays 2019 and 2020 MF (this info didnt fit in the string creator)

Maybe a bit more points than we needed, but I couldnt resist! Plan for usage of banked points in February, so we shouldnt loose any.

Nothing has past ROFR for a few days now... I think nothing since Tuesday... wondering if we will see any movement today or will have to wait until next Tues to see anything?

Good point! When my contract was sent to ROFR today, the broker mentioned that Disney advised them that due to the current situation they are understaffed and processes like ROFR and account creations might take longer.
from what we see in this thread in fact the „slow down“ is already in place since weeks and it seems that they are getting even more behind.
I am not sure if the posted contracts here can represent the complete picture, but the tendency is clear.

3 new small point (50,50,110) CCV Contracts with an August UY just popped up on DVCStore and I’m sitting here wishing I had held out for an Aug UY instead of Sep UY when I first joined DVC!

why August over September?

Nothing has past ROFR for a few days now... I think nothing since Tuesday... wondering if we will see any movement today or will have to wait until next Tues to see anything?
Good point! When my contract was sent to ROFR today, the broker mentioned that Disney advised them that due to the current situation they are understaffed and processes like ROFR and account creations might take longer.
from what we see in this thread in fact the „slow down“ is already in place since weeks and it seems that they are getting even more behind.
I am not sure if the posted contracts here can represent the complete picture, but the tendency is clear.

I think also resale seems to have been wiped clean on a lot of listings across all the sites...I think they have a TON coming through their offices for ROFR.

I’ve been lurking and offering with no luck as well. Then I saw this. The sellers accepted pretty quickly with no counter, which makes me think I may have been able to negotiate a few more dollars per point lower, but with full 19, 20 and 21 points I wasn’t willing to lose it over a few dollars per point.

I think also resale seems to have been wiped clean on a lot of listings across all the sites...I think they have a TON coming through their offices for ROFR.
Definitely! I don’t want to sit in that office right now doing their job. I think under the current circumstances it’s understandable that it takes a little longeR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter