• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame those 2019 points (which must have been banked from 2018 because the 2019 points were banked into 2020) will expire before I am likely to be able to use them.

3 new small point (50,50,110) CCV Contracts with an August UY just popped up on DVCStore and I’m sitting here wishing I had held out for an Aug UY instead of Sep UY when I first joined DVC!

How much are they going for? I was wondering if I should go with CCV, it's definitely preferred, but since we like the bigger rooms I didn't know if it was strictly necessary.

How much are they going for? I was wondering if I should go with CCV, it's definitely preferred, but since we like the bigger rooms I didn't know if it was strictly necessary.
The 50 points are $155, and the 110-point is $148.

August is a more popular UY overall in DVC, and in my preferred resorts (AKL, BRV, CCV, Poly), while also fitting our travel patterns, so more chances of finding the perfect resale contract.
Interesting, I would never have guessed August would be a popular use year. I was trying to stay with my February use year but there were so many deals that passed me by because of a different use year that I decided I’m okay with a different one for the right price. When I was thinking about which use years would work I came to the conclusion that June would be best. It starts at the beginning of summer (still have school aged kids), and banking window is until end of January, so Christmas/New Year would be good to go as well. With December I’ll still have Christmas but only to the end of July to bank, so my February points will have to cover the summer.

That’s such a great deal!
What a bargain! You stole that one! 👍

Thanks!

Yeah, I really offered a lowball price, and I was stunned that it was accepted.

Unfortunately, the 247 points for this year are in a holding account, so it's unclear how many, if any, I could rent out. But, even if I do rent them out, since it's a holding account, that doesn't give the renter much time or many options.

But, I just came to a decision that.....even losing those points, I was still probably getting a decent enough deal. And, if I get any money from renting or using those points, then it's definitely a steal.

I came to the conclusion that June would be best.

I totally agree. My top 2 were June and April but those were so hard to get! I decided I know my summer plans by April so went ahead and bid on a September when the right point amount presented itself.

I totally agree. My top 2 were June and April but those were so hard to get! I decided I know my summer plans by April so went ahead and bid on a September when the right point amount presented itself.
I try to plan early as well. My thought process was if I was going to make an offer on a different use year, I was open to June thru December. January, March and April I wanted to stay away from since they would put me past the banking window for a Christmas trip, and I already have that “problem” with my all my current contracts that have a February use year, so then I could just look for February and keep a new contract the same as the rest.

Thanks!

Yeah, I really offered a lowball price, and I was stunned that it was accepted.

Unfortunately, the 247 points for this year are in a holding account, so it's unclear how many, if any, I could rent out. But, even if I do rent them out, since it's a holding account, that doesn't give the renter much time or many options.

But, I just came to a decision that.....even losing those points, I was still probably getting a decent enough deal. And, if I get any money from renting or using those points, then it's definitely a steal.

I agree, definetly still a good deal, congrats!

If you cannot rent out the points, maybe you can still use them for yourself?

I am faced the same "problem" with my banked points of the contract I posted today, but as I got them for free, we will plan an Aulani trip with them (was anyway on the bucket list, now we do it a few months earlier)

Quite interesting is the big difference in price per point of our contracts. In my case MFs for 400 points and the closing are payed for by the buyer. Price 95$/Point

In our case its 81,25$/point and you pay the MFs (for 160 points I guess) + closing.

So in direct comparison the price per point is nearly the same --> 14768 / 160 --> 92,3 vs 19000 / 200 --> 95 (before 81,25 vs 95).

I now that the common calculation excludes MFs and closing, but I think in our case its two quite extreme examples how different contracts / agreements between buyer and seller can look like.

Congrats again to this nice deal, "hopefully" new neighbor :)

EM Lawrence---$135-$16885-115-PVB-Aug-115/19, 230/20, 115/21- sent 5/22
Its a shame those 2019 points (which must have been banked from 2018 because the 2019 points were banked into 2020) will expire before I am likely to be able to use them.

I love this deal...I paid slightly less per point but you have 19 points banked into 20 and I guess you're right about 18 into 19. Where did you find this one, great deal IMO.

I love this deal...I paid slightly less per point but you have 19 points banked into 20 and I guess you're right about 18 into 19. Where did you find this one, great deal IMO.
It was through Fidelity. I’ve been checking listings pretty consistently and I had not seen this one until yesterday. It was listed at 150 pp, which I thought was way too high. But we came to an agreement very quickly. This is exactly the contract I was looking for. I would have been excited even without the banked 2019 points. But those just make it better!

DisneyPB---$93-$16518-160-SSR-Jun-0/19, 162/20, 160/21- sent 5/5
DisMomKY---$88-$19634-200-SSR-Jun-0/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22- sent 5/8
mcgils---$90-$14193-150-SSR-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 9/20, 150/21- sent 5/10
Disney Teresa---$91-$16585-175-SSR-Dec-0/18, 0/19, 1/20, 175/21- sent 5/20

So excited to be waiting for ROFR and hoping it goes fast!!
Vampiroth---$93-$24500-250-SSR-Oct-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 250/21- sent 5/20
nicmc1986---$92-$12475-130-SSR-Sep-0/19, 25/20, 130/21- sent 5/21
mmackeymouse---$81.25-$14768-160-SSR-Feb-0/19, 247/20, 107/21, 160/22- sent 5/22
Lotta really cheap SSR lately. $93 was the cheapest contract posted last quarter...

Interesting, I would never have guessed August would be a popular use year. I was trying to stay with my February use year but there were so many deals that passed me by because of a different use year that I decided I’m okay with a different one for the right price. When I was thinking about which use years would work I came to the conclusion that June would be best. It starts at the beginning of summer (still have school aged kids), and banking window is until end of January, so Christmas/New Year would be good to go as well. With December I’ll still have Christmas but only to the end of July to bank, so my February points will have to cover the summer.
Well, June is the third most popular UY overall. It’s December, February, June and then August. You can see distributions here:

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/own...ear-distribution-charts-updated-february-2018

It was through Fidelity. I’ve been checking listings pretty consistently and I had not seen this one until yesterday. It was listed at 150 pp, which I thought was way too high. But we came to an agreement very quickly. This is exactly the contract I was looking for. I would have been excited even without the banked 2019 points. But those just make it better!

awesome! Congrats! We’ll be neighbors if both of ours pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter