ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a few posts up that AUL always requires notarization-is that correct?
I believe the answer to this is always yes. The state of Hawaii requires a notary on the deed, but there may be some exceptions to this.

Sorry-for the random question post-but I know this is the best place to get an answer!

Is AUL still free from ROFR grab backs in 2021? I had an AUL contract that fell through last year and have been distracted elsewhere since so I have not been actively shopping or researching the DVC market. The seller is now ready to sell again and I feel unprepared.
I read a few posts up that AUL always requires notarization-is that correct? Any recommendations for the most efficient price effective company to use for a small AUL contract? I would prefer as much as possible to be esign and remote.

Thanks for any and all advice-I am excited about being able to grab the contract but also conflicted on my lack of recent knowledge!
Yep, no buy backs with Aulani. Not sure how it is if you live in Hawaii (which you probably don’t anyway!), but at least for everyone out of state am pretty sure notorization is required. All of my Aulani contracts have been handled by First American Title Co. in Hawaii. Alot of resale brokers use them for Aulani, so they’re familiar with the DVC purchase process, and for me they’ve done a great job.

Yep, no buy backs with Aulani. Not sure how it is if you live in Hawaii (which you probably don’t anyway!), but at least for everyone out of state am pretty sure notorization is required. All of my Aulani contracts have been handled by First American Title Co. in Hawaii. Alot of resale brokers use them for Aulani, so they’re familiar with the DVC purchase process, and for me they’ve done a great job.
Thanks for the help! Again, I have been out of the game for awhile but I though I remembered First American being high priced and slower back when I was keeping up. I'm wondering if AUL is an exception to that rule. The seller is allowing me to chose the closing company which is great but I don't know who to work with! Does anyone accept credit card as payment? This will be a very small contract so very possible to put it on my card and not have to pay wiring fees etc.

Sorry-for the random question post-but I know this is the best place to get an answer!

Is AUL still free from ROFR grab backs in 2021? I had an AUL contract that fell through last year and have been distracted elsewhere since so I have not been actively shopping or researching the DVC market. The seller is now ready to sell again and I feel unprepared.
I read a few posts up that AUL always requires notarization-is that correct? Any recommendations for the most efficient price effective company to use for a small AUL contract? I would prefer as much as possible to be esign and remote.

Thanks for any and all advice-I am excited about being able to grab the contract but also conflicted on my lack of recent knowledge!
Thanks for the help! Again, I have been out of the game for awhile but I though I remembered First American being high priced and slower back when I was keeping up. I'm wondering if AUL is an exception to that rule. The seller is allowing me to chose the closing company which is great but I don't know who to work with! Does anyone accept credit card as payment? This will be a very small contract so very possible to put it on my card and not have to pay wiring fees etc.
I just recently use Mason title and they are able to use a credit card up to 5K. Call them if the are able to assist with Aulani contract.

Updated!

I did the best I could...my DisBoards pages suddenly look like they've been trapped in the Death Star Garbage Masher. If you guys see anything weird, please let me know!

lol - somebody on the VWL Groupies thread reported the same thing this morning. I've had it happen before but it's been months and I haven't had that issue today.

I just recently use Mason title and they are able to use a credit card up to 5K. Call them if the are able to assist with Aulani contract.
Did you use Mason Title for Aulani? I don't believe an Orlando based title company can do Aulani, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, did they accept the 5K for final payment? Usually they'll let you use credit card for initial payment but insist on funds either being wired or cashiers check for closing.

Did you use Mason Title for Aulani? I don't believe an Orlando based title company can do Aulani, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, did they accept the 5K for final payment? Usually they'll let you use credit card for initial payment but insist on funds either being wired or cashiers check for closing.
I used them for my BLT. Call them and check if they can help you out with Aul and the card payment.

For aulani, you’re going to need a title company licensed in Hawaii. Mason is in FL and I don’t think they are licensed in Hawaii.
AUL prices have gone up a LOT in the last couple of months. If you can get that contract at older pricing- snag it!

Updated!

I did the best I could...my DisBoards pages suddenly look like they've been trapped in the Death Star Garbage Masher. If you guys see anything weird, please let me know!

Is it getting super narrow? I had that problem a while ago and I believe it was related to the formatting of a banner or sidebar ad.

Thanks for all the work you do on these threads!

Is it getting super narrow? I had that problem a while ago and I believe it was related to the formatting of a banner or sidebar ad.

Thanks for all the work you do on these threads!
Agree it’s some stupid ad that resizes the comments and therefore makes this forum difficult to use. Luckily not an issue on a phone yet.

For aulani, you’re going to need a title company licensed in Hawaii. Mason is in FL and I don’t think they are licensed in Hawaii.
AUL prices have gone up a LOT in the last couple of months. If you can get that contract at older pricing- snag it!
Do you have any suggestions other than First American which was mentioned earlier? What is the average small Aulani contract selling for now? This contract fell through in September 2020 and I have not once logged into the boards or checked on pricing so I feel like I have a lot of catching up :)

Do you have any suggestions other than First American which was mentioned earlier? What is the average small Aulani contract selling for now? This contract fell through in September 2020 and I have not once logged into the boards or checked on pricing so I feel like I have a lot of catching up :)
I'm no help with the title company. We haven't bought AUL points (yet). Last year, AUL listings were mostly at or below $100/point, with the small listings going up to maybe $110-$115. The listings now are $120+, with small contracts still at a premium. Now that may not be what people are actually paying- just what they're being listed at.

Updated!

Mine, too, since my computer updated. I click refresh and it goes back to normal. At least the "cookies" page is gone. It used to tell me every click to accept cookies.

Am I the only one a little bored with weekends because nothing can happen with my resales?
I hear you I reached out to the title company on Friday to find out if my sellers of BLT had signed their docs yet but they are still trying to get a notary due to being international. I was bummed I didn’t hear back on my AKV contract in ROFR as people who submitted later were already hearing back and got told the sellers forgot they had put it in a trust and they had to send a document back to Disney because of this so that’s why it’s taking longer. 🥲. I just want to hear everything is moving along this upcoming week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter