ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bvfbb---$160-$41009-250-BLT-Feb-0/20, 390/21, 250/22- sent 4/25, passed 5/12

Very excited to have passed ROFR--we're on our way as a first-time DVC owner! Now I'm hoping to find some BLT DVC merch that I can give as a small gift to my wife to surprise her when we're at WDW in 10 days. She obviously knows about the offer, but we did not expect to hear about ROFR until we were on vacation. Hoping they have some BLT stuff at the Contemporary since we're celebrating our anniversary at the California Grill!

True! But on hard to find UYs, like March, that don’t come up often, especially for my home resorts, I’m not super inclined to eek out every last dime of savings, which over the course of the contract might not be considerable, if I think there’s more than a slim chance it will get taken, especially when a similar contract might not be available for months and months. I just don’t want to risk it, and spend weeks worrying about it!

Yes, we've gone thru it before where it always will depend on what your goals are in your resale purchase. The main point remains that you will never know what will pass so those that do get a lower priced agreement aren't necessarily going to get ROFR'd. And it means if you pay higher in order to pass ROFR you're possibly paying more than necessary. And that's the way DVC likes it.

Very excited to have passed ROFR--we're on our way as a first-time DVC owner! Now I'm hoping to find some BLT DVC merch that I can give as a small gift to my wife to surprise her when we're at WDW in 10 days. She obviously knows about the offer, but we did not expect to hear about ROFR until we were on vacation. Hoping they have some BLT stuff at the Contemporary since we're celebrating our anniversary at the California Grill!
Congratulations! BLT is one of the best in my opinion, next to Grand Cal. Happy anniversary. What a fantastic present!

Welcome home, neighbor. Unfortunately, there is very little BLT merch. On shopDisney, there was a t-shirt and tote bag. At the store in the Contemporary, there is a good amount of DVC merch, but I can't recall anything for BLT specifically. We need more love shown to our home resort. 🤩

Welcome home, neighbor. Unfortunately, there is very little BLT merch. On shopDisney, there was a t-shirt and tote bag. At the store in the Contemporary, there is a good amount of DVC merch, but I can't recall anything for BLT specifically. We need more love shown to our home resort. 🤩
I think any merchandise from the Magic Kingdom should be considered BLT merch, just sayin’

I couldn't even find a BLT magnet when I stayed there in December :confused3

So, not BLT, but Pandora (jewelry) has a DVC charm. They also have a key with a castle charm (I bought it to celebrate my DVC purchase.) Congrats!! 🎉 Happy Anniversary!

Yes, we've gone thru it before where it always will depend on what your goals are in your resale purchase. The main point remains that you will never know what will pass so those that do get a lower priced agreement aren't necessarily going to get ROFR'd. And it means if you pay higher in order to pass ROFR you're possibly paying more than necessary. And that's the way DVC likes it.
Yes, of course no one knows for sure if their contract will get taken or not, but DVC Resale Market’s monthly ROFR report does give you an indication of which resorts are being targeted, and the price range of the taken contracts. The process isn’t a complete mystery. If your purchase price falls within that range, your contract is at risk. If it doesn’t fall within that range, the odds are greater it will pass.

So, not BLT, but Pandora (jewelry) has a DVC charm. They also have a key with a castle charm (I bought it to celebrate my DVC purchase.) Congrats!! 🎉 Happy Anniversary!
DisneyMom, what a brilliant idea! I was able to find the DVC charm along with two others that celebrate our first visit as a couple, our vacations as a family, and now our new home at BLT. They should get here with time to spare and will be easy for me to pack and carry to dinner too. I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful suggestion!!

i totally understand but not sure I agree. Not an expert on OKW, but doesn’t that $100 pp put it right in the sweet spot for ROFR? But, then, as we all know, they can’t take everything. If it does get taken, are similar contract readily available out there?
You are correct thats the sweet spot or a little below but that 2042 expiration is a problem for me at anything much more than that. I might go for something else if it doesn’t make through ROFR but i REALLY like OKW

DisneyMom, what a brilliant idea! I was able to find the DVC charm along with two others that celebrate our first visit as a couple, our vacations as a family, and now our new home at BLT. They should get here with time to spare and will be easy for me to pack and carry to dinner too. I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful suggestion!!
Glad I could help! I’m sure she will love it!! Sounds like you have a perfect Anniversary planned!

This was the original:
Hiddenmickey75---$170-$18390-100-PVB-Oct-0/19, 100/20, 200/21, 100/22- sent 5/4

Just wanted to update this contract as the resale company was not very forthcoming about information and when I followed up and got another agent they told me this was not to sent to Disney until 5/10 instead of the 5/4 like I was first told. Anyway, not very happy and definitely would not use them again in the future but here is the correct revised info:

Hiddenmickey75---$170-$18390-100-PVB-Oct-0/19, 100/20, 200/21, 100/22- sent 5/10

pepr1800---$160-$17387-100-CCV@WL-Sep-0/20, 200/21, 100/22- sent 4/19, passed 5/14

Just got the great news as I wake up at Disney’s Boardwalk using points for the first time as a new DVC member! I bought my first two contracts in February and this will be my third and last (gotta stop the addiction)…. Lol!

I am so glad you passed. I have a contract at 161 for 100 pts. Hoping for success.

This was the original:
Hiddenmickey75---$170-$18390-100-PVB-Oct-0/19, 100/20, 200/21, 100/22- sent 5/4

Just wanted to update this contract as the resale company was not very forthcoming about information and when I followed up and got another agent they told me this was not to sent to Disney until 5/10 instead of the 5/4 like I was first told. Anyway, not very happy and definitely would not use them again in the future but here is the correct revised info:

Hiddenmickey75---$170-$18390-100-PVB-Oct-0/19, 100/20, 200/21, 100/22- sent 5/10
Can you share which agency? I think several of us are interested.

I had offered on an AKV stripped contract today listed at $124 for April. I heard it went into a bidding war and finally the seller accepted an offer at $9 higher than listed. Needless to say, I passed on it when I heard its going into a bidding war.

What's going on with AKV :(
AKL is awesome....animals,best restaurants and best for a stay cation... so many activites for kids too..

You are correct thats the sweet spot or a little below but that 2042 expiration is a problem for me at anything much more than that. I might go for something else if it doesn’t make through ROFR but i REALLY like OKW
Totally understood. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter